Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Milton Keynes V Charlton 17/2/2018 post match views

Comments

• Options
    MK dons were shocking. We weren't at our best either. We were almost pedestrian at times when we had the opportunity to put a few past them. Maybe Tuesday caught up with them.
    We definitely missed Fosu who you feel would have had a field day .
    KaiKai was poor but three points are three points.

• Options
    Pleased for the travelling fans. I even got a ring and a jingle bells from big hitter les Turner
  • Options
    Watched on a stream on holiday in Austria. We did enough against a team that looked devoid of confidence - disapointed they scored as they looked toothless but confidence wise a decent game.
  • Options
    redbuttle said:

Fantastic goal from Kashi and 3 points against weak opposition. Nailed on 7 th place at end of season. The lack of clean sheets and needing at least 2 goals to win matches will cost as dear at the end of season. We can't keep our attacking flair players fit, Stephy and Fosu. So near yet so far on another frustrating season. The mismanagement of the Duchatelet tenure is the curse that keeps giving.

Thanks for cheering me up.
    redbuttle said:

Fantastic goal from Kashi and 3 points against weak opposition. Nailed on 7 th place at end of season. The lack of clean sheets and needing at least 2 goals to win matches will cost as dear at the end of season. We can't keep our attacking flair players fit, Stephy and Fosu. So near yet so far on another frustrating season. The mismanagement of the Duchatelet tenure is the curse that keeps giving.

Thanks for cheering me up. Your welcome. Just don't want a win against a side heading towards League 2 mean that we are heading to the play offs. If we beat Shrewsbury I might have a rethink.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

It's a really good stadium. It should be full of people

not in Milton effing Keynes, it shouldn't

• Options
    edited February 2018

At the game. On way home having yet another beer on the minibus.

Elated at the win and enjoyed some nice interaction with Jacko and Robbo during the warm down. That said, I thought we were quite poor today. MKD are relegation fodder for a reason. They are absolutely shit. We made hard work of what could have been a much more comfortable win. With Mavididi and Fosu I think we would have scored a few. A very poor quality game.

MK is such a soulless experience. Fabulous ground and surrounding area has developed significantly since my last visit in our league 1 promotion season. But it’s all a bit plastic. A semi deserted stadium with no atmosphere at all other than that provided by we Addicks. If I had to do that every week I’d have anew hobby.

I thought Kashi was MOM by a mile. Honourable mentions to Josh, Konsa and JFC. Everyone else was bang average. But that was good enough. Anyway, we won so nothing to be gained from self flagelation. Onward and hopefully upwards. But that won’t be nearly good enough against better opposition.

I’ve had a good day. COYR.

Great summing up SB. I watched on iFollow and also didn't think we were especially good today against a woeful opponent. However, getting a win playing pedestrian like football is always a bonus. I know what you mean about the stadium. Although I wasn't there today, I have been 4/5 times now and it's depressingly soulless. A perfect match for the club and area frankly.

It's mentioned earlier in here somewhere. We are going to need to be far more incisive and a lot quicker against teams who are going to pack their defences out during the remaining games. That's spot on.
  • Options

As you're not meant to comment on the player marks thread, here goes.
    Rob first up rates Solly a 6 our worst player.
    Beds is second up & gives Solly a 9 our MOM.

Believe me , my rating is the right one.

;-)

It will be incredibly dull if we all gave the same marks wouldn't it. Opinions
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Decent result but it'll mean nothing if we don't push on from here.

1 loss in 7 is good but only 5 wins in 18 is indicative of a mid season slump that hopefully we can now push on from and hit a potential play off place with some form.
  • Options
    The next match against Shrewsbury is massive. A win would give the players a huge confidence boost and we could really push on from there. A bad defeat and I think we will miss out on the playoffs.
  • Options

As you're not meant to comment on the player marks thread, here goes.
    Rob first up rates Solly a 6 our worst player.
    Beds is second up & gives Solly a 9 our MOM.

Believe me , my rating is the right one.

;-)

It will be incredibly dull if we all gave the same marks wouldn't it. Opinions
    I reckon you've both got it wrong & I didn't even see the game :smile:
  • Options
    Has it finished yet?
  • Options
    So now it is our turn to go unbeaten in the next 10 games :wink:
  • Options
    Was by no means a vintage performance but against such a poor side it didn't need to be. Two moments of quality for our goals, Forster-Caskey's cross for the second was right out of the top draw. Bauer and Da Silva very good, Kashi decent, Magennis worked hard and deserved his goal. Kaikai and Reeves pretty anonymous all things considered, the latter is neat when under no pressure but is so lightweight, all the buzz over his signing in the summer and he's failed to really put in a string of performances at all. Fosu back for Shrewsbury will help, will probably come back in for Aribo which would be the wrong call. Anyhow, onwards and upwards.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    KR 100%. Never in doubt.
  • Options
    Went ahead against the run of play and then looked very comfortable (playing some nice stuff) until we fell asleep at a corner to make it a nervy final 25 minutes.

Very impressed with JFC and DaSilva - can't say the same about Kalkai who was anonymous and rightly taken off.

Robinson got his subs right despite some mystery about the formation change - Marshall made an impact too when he came on.
  • Options
  • Options
    Actually first half the Kashi goal came out of the blue when we were not playing well and the performance was so so until the last half hour when we controlled it well and performed as a team very well . super josh magennis and forster caskey played well too . hope the team gels even more for next sat.