Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Phrases you hate

Comments

• "Fella" "Pal" "Buddy"
  • I don’t mean to be rude....
    Well don’t be then.
  • Cheap at half the price.

That one has never made sense to me in the context that it is used.

This one was explained to me by an old boy. The original cry of the street vendor had a pause after 'Cheap'.

'Cheap...at half the price', which made sense until it became bastardised in later years.
  • Not a phrase but, putting a question mark at the end of a statement. YOU ARE NOT ASKING ME A QUESTION YOU TOOL, WHY HAVE YOU PUT A QUESTION MARK?

THAT WAS A QUESTION, THIS IS NOT. SEE, A FULL STOP - IT'S EASY TO USE, RIGHT THERE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE KEYBOARD, YOU BRAINLESS CRETIN.

I'm fine.
  • EastStand said:

Not a phrase but, putting a question mark at the end of a statement. YOU ARE NOT ASKING ME A QUESTION YOU TOOL, WHY HAVE YOU PUT A QUESTION MARK?

THAT WAS A QUESTION, THIS IS NOT. SEE, A FULL STOP - IT'S EASY TO USE, RIGHT THERE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE KEYBOARD, YOU BRAINLESS CRETIN.

I'm fine.

?
  • EastStand said:

Not a phrase but, putting a question mark at the end of a statement. YOU ARE NOT ASKING ME A QUESTION YOU TOOL, WHY HAVE YOU PUT A QUESTION MARK?

I'm fine.

It's called Australian question intonation?
  • EastStand said:

I'm fine.

It's called Australian question intonation?
    It's filth is what it is.
  • At this moment in time.
  • The dismissive "whatever", when used instead of a thoughtful response.
  • limeygent said:

The dismissive "whatever", when used instead of a thoughtful response.

wot evs
  • Sponsored links:

• limeygent said:

wot evs
    Ugh!
  • limeygent said:

limeygent said:

wot evs
    Ugh!
    I annoyed myself just typing that
  • When customers kick off at you for half an hour then say "I know its not your fault" or "Im not having a go at you" well you are mate, I'm the one getting the earache.
  • When customers kick off at you for half an hour then say "I know its not your fault" or "Im not having a go at you" well you are mate, I'm the one getting the earache.

Long ago removed myself from direct contact with customers.
  • limeygent said:

When customers kick off at you for half an hour then say "I know its not your fault" or "Im not having a go at you" well you are mate, I'm the one getting the earache.

Lucky you!
  • "Super nice"... I still hate "Super".... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • "So what you are saying, is..." - Usually followed by something so far removed from what was actually said that it can be moved straight in to the bin marked 'utter shit'.
  • limeygent said:

When customers kick off at you for half an hour then say "I know its not your fault" or "Im not having a go at you" well you are mate, I'm the one getting the earache.

Accept the bid Douchebag and go back to your bunker.
  • edited February 2018
    Redskin said:

Cheap at half the price.

That one has never made sense to me in the context that it is used.

This one was explained to me by an old boy. The original cry of the street vendor had a pause after 'Cheap'.

'Cheap...at half the price', which made sense until it became bastardised in later years.
    He didn't quite get it right. Ceap is merely an Old English noun meaning stock (or livestock). So originally the phrase just meant stuff at half price. (So, Cheapside in the City was originally a marketplace.)
  • I've seem them given
  • Sponsored links:

• This little gem from head up their arse pro footballers 'you've never played the game'.
    Yes I have, its the same game you played, but I never got paid tons of dough.
  • And its over to Selhurst Park where the home team have scored a late goal.
  • Let's see where we are after Saturday.
  • Cunts I don't know who call me "buddy".

Being called son grates with me.

That's what parents do.
    Mine did not call me that.
  • The narrative.
  • "Bless your heart", when used by Southerners in The States. It really means "you asshole".
  • An alleged word - Chillax.

Has the opposite effect on me I just want to punch the person, who has said it, in the face
  • That's so Aids really riles me as well
  • “Whose turn is it to make the tea?”