Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Old Charlton related photos

Comments

• Options
    I think he was a fine manager. I think I read somewhere that he left Charlton because the Back to the Valley campaign was taking over everything.
  • Options
    Frank Hill on left which dates the photo to early 60s

No idea who the other two are, anyone know?
  • Options
    great pics and never seen them before 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    great pics and never seen them before 
    I didn't even know the Supporters Gazzettes existed until two weeks ago when I found two photocopies of issues 1 & 6 in a pile of mouldy papers the museum inherited from Colin Cameron years ago and had been dumped in a cupboard to be sorted at some future date.

Then found out another trustee had issues 2, 3, 4, 5.

Some other good pics I've given to MOD magazine 
  • Options
    The other guy looks like Cliff Durandt to me.
  • Options
    Good spot. It does look like it is Durandt
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 3
    And  Dusty Springfield's Mum ?  B)
    Wouldn't be her mum, it would be Dusty. Not her but same early 60s era when she was in the Springfields 
  • Options
    If I remember correctly, Cliff Durandt was no more than 5ft 7in.
  • Options
    Seen a couple of great Charlton photos on the net recently which are meant to be under licence. 

It's a shame really as it seems every old photo has been gobbled up by someone who says they own it and want money for it.  What is the reality of using one of these for non profit purposes?
  • Options
    If I remember correctly, Cliff Durandt was no more than 5ft 7in.

Frank Hill was about that height too I think.
  • Options

Was the hole in the left hand side of the covered end made by bomb damage?
  • Options
    Mametz said:

That doesn’t look like bomb damage but I think such damage had occurred. Maybe the repair was substandard?
  • Options
    Mametz said:

That doesn’t look like bomb damage but I think such damage had occurred. Maybe the repair was substandard?
    I know that the Covered End suffered damage during the war. Perhaps an UXB?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Went to the game, was 12yrs and 1 day old!!!
  • Options
    edited March 15
    Went to the game, was 12yrs and 1 day old!!!
    me too, aged 8
  • Options
    edited March 15

Left to right Foley,Tees ,Stenson and Moore. Dennis Booth looking down then Paul Went then guessing behind him Jack Burkett, Curtis,Tracey, Gregory, Mullens,Keirs,Reeves, Campbell, Wright,Kinsey and Eddie Firmani … January 1969.
  • Options
    Tracey and Keira???

• Options
    I didn’t go to the game but kept all the clippings including the one shown my 11 year old brain thought we were going to win gutted when we lost
  • Options

Left to right Foley,Tees ,Stenson and Moore. Dennis Booth looking down then Paul Went then guessing behind him Jack Burkett, Curtis,Tracey, Gregory, Mullens,Keira,Reeves, Campbell, Wright,Kinsey and Eddie Firmani … January 1969.
    Bob Curtis had dyed bright blond hair that season, so not sure he is in the photo. Also Paul Hince should be in there but can't identify him.
  • Options

Left to right Foley,Tees ,Stenson and Moore. Dennis Booth looking down then Paul Went then guessing behind him Jack Burkett, Curtis,Tracey, Gregory, Mullens,Keira,Reeves, Campbell, Wright,Kinsey and Eddie Firmani … January 1969.
    Bob Curtis had dyed bright blond hair that season, so not sure he is in the photo. Also Paul Hince should be in there but can't identify him.
    Sometimes your mind plays funny tricks . 

Another picture of Charltons defense, Bob Curtis second left
  • Options

Sometimes your mind plays funny tricks . 

Another picture of Charltons defense, Bob Curtis second left
    Thanks for posting, but we played in the all red kit that season unless my mind really has gone ! 
  • Options
    Charltons defensive wall .   Read the print. January 1969.

All red 1969/1970 season I believe.
  • Options
    Was 16 at the time and in the North Bank. A fairly lively afternoon.