Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Plymouth | Sat 24 Mar | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options

Argyle are a big and physical team. We don’t do well against this sort of team. If we get a win it will be a huge result. 1-1

We didn’t do well against that sort of team when Pearce and BFG were out injured.
  • Options
    Gaps all over the field, hard to see past a defeat.

We don't do well against big lumps on set pieces. If we start well we MUST score and then take the game to them.

My heart says 2-0. Head sadly 0-2 loss.

I fear the season is over.
  • Options
    Is anybody going ?
  • Options

Is anybody going ?

Hope to... Been looking forward to the Plymouth game

I'm a strange Football supporter and quite like the fact that they play in Green when no other Football League team do, so hopefully be nice to see a new type of kit from the Blues | Yellows | Whites etc... People will hear a solitary "Oh for f**ks sake" from the East Stand when they run out in their away kit at 3pm though
  • Options
    5-0 to Plymouth, the Aussies cancel the cheque, and Harry Kewell joins the Kookaburra Knights.
  • Options
    As Mike says above everything thing screams drubbing, but after this week things might be interesting, so with that in mind I'll go for an unlikely 1-0 home win .
  • Options
    Oh yeah, I forgot that we're a football team.
  • Options

Argyle are a big and physical team. We don’t do well against this sort of team. If we get a win it will be a huge result. 1-1

We didn’t do well against that sort of team when Pearce and BFG were out injured.
    Pearce played in the away game, not sure about BFG

• Options
    edited March 2018
    This is impossible to call. Plymouth will be well up for it, backed by a huge and noisy away crowd. If Robbo hadn't walked I'd be going for a comprehensive whimper of a defeat. But now I feel there will be a little more positivity from the home crowd, and who knows what the change in the dressing room will mean to the player's confidence and performance.

Also bad runs have to stop eventually, don't they...? And surely Plymouth can't keep avoiding defeat forever...

A good, solid and cohesive team performance with effort put in across the pitch, and a decent defensive display with a few proper attempts on target would, in my opinion, be an improvement over the shit we've seen over the last few weeks, even if it ultimately ended in defeat.

That said, anything could happen, but I'd take a score draw, with a goal or two for our (hopefully two on the pitch at the same time from the start) strikers to start rebuilding confidence.
  • Options
    I suggest we get behind the lads, even when things might not be going well for them and try to help us get the result that could actually put hope back into our season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I suggest we get behind the lads, even when things might not be going well for them and try to help us get the result that could actually put hope back into our season.

This. And if things arent going quite the way we would like then perhaps we should have an on loop type response for the two lads a la the Cardiff game for SCP when we went 2-0 down.
  • Options
    As we have not got in a replacement goalkeeper, heard nothing about Amos, and the club has said that Phillips is ready so either Amos or Phillips to start, hopefully Amos to start and Phillips on the bench
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    a much improved performance sees us win 3 - 2 with late goals from Mavididi off the bench.

JFC shines in a more attacking role but we still look weak at the back.

Plymouth score late on to give us the jitters but we hang on.
  • Options

The level of support from the crowd could make a massive difference in the final run in, especially if we get a win tomorrow and can legitimately aim for the playoffs again. Get behind the lads, show the new owners what the Addick support is REALLY like.
  • Options
    That concludes everything from Lee Bowyer's press conference.

If you didn't tune in, you'll be able to watch it live on Valley Pass later today. #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC

Verified account

@CAFCofficial
    4h4 hours ago

LB "We're playing a team in the top six tomorrow but I know the players we have are capable of getting a positive result.

LB "The takeover rumours are nothing to do with me. The players and I are fully focused on trying to get into the play-offs.

LB "I know I'm capable of doing this. In my career, I worked with five or six international managers, played with some top players and have learned so much.

LB "You can't expect me to tell you how we're going to play tomorrow. All I will say is that we'll be doing things my way.

LB "I think we have got the squad of players to get into the play-offs, and win promotion. That puts a lot of pressure on myself but I truly believe it.

LB "Tomorrow is a big game [against @Only1Argyle]. I can assure our fans that everyone who takes to the pitch - from the start or coming off the bench - will be giving everything they have got

We have got some tough home games coming up against the teams above us. We're going to need the fans and hopefully they will get behind us.

LB "Things can change very quickly in football. I maybe didn't expect to be in this position but it is an opportunity I am very excited about.

Charlton Athletic FC

Verified account

@CAFCofficial
    4h4 hours ago
    More
    Lee Bowyer has arrived for his first press conference as Charlton Caretaker Manager.

• Options
    Havent listened to that Interview from JFC yet but that twitter comment makes it sound like Robbo lost the dressing room!!
  • Options

Havent listened to that Interview from JFC yet but that twitter comment makes it sound like Robbo lost the dressing room!!

my only critique of this is why they have adopted the ridiculous robbo nicknames for lee bowyer as "bow" just say lee
  • Options
    to cement play offs we need 22 points from 30 not gonna happen when we are going to give Blackburn promotion at the valley and have shrewsbury away.

maybe Karl waited until he knew we wouldn't be getting playoffs?, oxford haven't had a manager for 3 months. or the flip side is new owners incoming robbo is surplus to requirements and would of been given the tin tack anyway.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    0-0 giving the Duchatalet era the send off it deserves.
  • Options

Is anybody going ?

I'm a strange Football supporter and quite like the fact that they play in Green when no other Football League team do, so hopefully be nice to see a new type of kit from the Blues | Yellows | Whites etc... People will hear a solitary "Oh for f**ks sake" from the East Stand when they run out in their away kit at 3pm though
    Errrm, Yeovil and Forest Green?

• Options
    addick05 said:

Is anybody going ?

True... Forget about Yeovil

Forest Green play in that fluorescent sort of colour though so get disqualified from your reasoning ;)

• Options

addick05 said:

Is anybody going ?

True... Forget about Yeovil

Forest Green play in that fluorescent sort of colour though so get disqualified from your reasoning ;)

Looks bloody green to me - but see your point.

• Options
    Just read the interview with LB, i am quite happy it was waffle free and very direct! Liked his quote about the player being paid to play football & not worry about off pitch stuff!
  • Options
    Had a bet on Plymouth, and then Robinson comes along and spoils it.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

That concludes everything from Lee Bowyer's press conference.

If you didn't tune in, you'll be able to watch it live on Valley Pass later today. #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC

Verified account

@CAFCofficial
    4h4 hours ago

LB "We're playing a team in the top six tomorrow but I know the players we have are capable of getting a positive result.

LB "The takeover rumours are nothing to do with me. The players and I are fully focused on trying to get into the play-offs.

LB "I know I'm capable of doing this. In my career, I worked with five or six international managers, played with some top players and have learned so much.

LB "You can't expect me to tell you how we're going to play tomorrow. All I will say is that we'll be doing things my way.

LB "I think we have got the squad of players to get into the play-offs, and win promotion. That puts a lot of pressure on myself but I truly believe it.

LB "Tomorrow is a big game [against @Only1Argyle]. I can assure our fans that everyone who takes to the pitch - from the start or coming off the bench - will be giving everything they have got

We have got some tough home games coming up against the teams above us. We're going to need the fans and hopefully they will get behind us.

LB "Things can change very quickly in football. I maybe didn't expect to be in this position but it is an opportunity I am very excited about.

Charlton Athletic FC

Verified account

@CAFCofficial
    4h4 hours ago
    More
    Lee Bowyer has arrived for his first press conference as Charlton Caretaker Manager.

Saying the right things, hopefully we can just find the formula to get winning games regardless how it looks. We need to get to the playoffs and hopefully in some form.
  • Options
    They must be smelling blood, Argyle really looking forward to coming to The Valley:

"Derek Adams and his players will be at Charlton this Saturday - and so will around 3,000 members of the Green Army.
    We are putting around 400 more tickets on sale, which we have now received from our friends at Charlton - and once they are gone, that is it. If they get sold, that will mean the maximum of 3,000 Pilgrims will be heading for the capital this Saturday.

We really are on our way."

Sounds like the Jimmy South Stand sold out.

• Options
    This is the dawn of an exciting new era.

• Options
    Impressed with Bowyers comments.

CORD’s