Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Plymouth | Sat 24 Mar | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    se9addick said:

JamesSeed said:

dickplumb said:

JamesSeed said:

dickplumb said:

Team I would pick

Amos
    Dijksteel, Baeur, Pearce, Sarr
    Marshall, Forster- Caskey, Aribo, Fosu,
    Ajose, Zyro

Subs Phillips, Lennon, Page, Jackson, Reeves, Mavididi, Cack.

Would play Mivididi if fit. Or 'Mavidi ' as Karl kept calling him.

So there's a 'Baeur' playing today @Dazzler21
    Mavididi is not fully fit, he has just returned to training.
    Shame. So might be fit enough for 10 or 20 mins maybe.
    Or, if you're Karl Robinson, 90 minutes + injury time!
    That's a vicious slur, typical of the brutal minority on here who endless criticise our gr blah blah blah
  • Options

yes reeves is robinsons big mistake

Reeves was not the problem, the big mistake was to play reeves without forwards for him to play off or deliver a ball to
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    dickplumb said:

Isn't it sad that it has reached the stage where Plymouth Argyle are favourites to beat us, at home, in the third division.

It would be if true, but as it's not it isn't :wink:

PS I backed Plymouth to win at 5/2. Charlton are 6/5.

https://www.bet365.com/#/AC/B1/C1/D13/E33653871/F2/
  • Options

Reeves was not the problem, the big mistake was to play reeves without forwards for him to play off or deliver a ball to
    Dont play him on the wing, if he plays CAM only.
  • Options
    Reeves is a very poor man's Billy Clarke, his injury has been a huge blow to our chances this season.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Our winless run has to end a t some point and I have a feeling Ajose will come good if started up front with Zyro. Someone feeding off the target man and Plymouth are not coming here for a draw so I think it will be an open game with plenty of chances. 3-1.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Reeves is a very poor man's Billy Clarke, his injury has been a huge blow to our chances this season.

Totally different players. Yes I’d pick Clarke over reeves but that’s because we haven’t played with a forward line and our two key defenders in Pearce and BFG have missed a lot of games. Pearce and BFG back and hopefully two up front then I suspect reeves is going to start looking world class.
  • Options

se9addick said:

Totally different players. Yes I’d pick Clarke over reeves but that’s because we haven’t played with a forward line and our two key defenders in Pearce and BFG have missed a lot of games. Pearce and BFG back and hopefully two up front then I suspect reeves is going to start looking world class.
    I admire your optimism!
  • Options
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

I admire your optimism!
    Hey, let the good times roll...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Our season begin today. I feel in season already. Spring is in the air and so is Zyro.
    2:1 to the Cha Cha boys, Zyro, Kaikai.
    Llleeeaaabbbbuuuuurrrrrrnnnnn
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Personally, I think Reeves is a tidy player; good 1st touch, able to pick a pass and an eye for goal.

Yes, he is a bit lightweight but played with the right balance of player around him, he can be creative and effective.
    If he's isolated or not supported, or banished out on the wing ... well, then Reeves is not set up to make the best use of his talents.

Always the number 1 rule for managers:
    Use a player in his best position, and play to his strengths.

That's what he's been coached all his career to do.

Yeah he's a very technically gifted player, but he's been particularly mercurial this year. You can see in flashes what he's capable of, and I think if he'd come in to the team at a time when we were playing better and had more people fit, and if he had people making runs in front of him to both create space and potentially be played in, he'd be far more effective. I think his class will show at some point.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Oggy Red said:

Personally, I think Reeves is a tidy player; good 1st touch, able to pick a pass and an eye for goal.

Yes, he is a bit lightweight but played with the right balance of player around him, he can be creative and effective.
    If he's isolated or not supported, or banished out on the wing ... well, then Reeves is not set up to make the best use of his talents.

Always the number 1 rule for managers:
    Use a player in his best position, and play to his strengths.

That's what he's been coached all his career to do.

Yeah he's a very technically gifted player, but he's been particularly mercurial this year. You can see in flashes what he's capable of, and I think if he'd come in to the team at a time when we were playing better and had more people fit, and if he had people making runs in front of him to both create space and potentially be played in, he'd be far more effective. I think his class will show at some point.
    It doesn't matter how talented he is, if the team isn't set up to suit Reeves, he'll be less effective.

And if a game plan is built around Reeves, he becomes a target for the oppo to take him out.
    With a change of approach hinted at by Bowyer, it'll be interesting to see how the team is set up today - and whether Reeves is utilised effectively.

• Options
    Ready for Rolands leaving party today ~
  • Options
    When we are at home the Sun normally has us as favourites, odds on, sometimes, but today they say Plymouth will beat us, so let us hope they are as accurate as normal
  • Options

se9addick said:

Either the biggest whoosh going or you need locking up at The Maudsley.
  • Options
    Plymouth are quite a big team, so would leave out lightweights like Reeves and play 5-3-2 or 3-5-2.
  • Options
    Westmoor st is blocked by 2 big lorries if anyone wants to park there.
  • Options
    edited March 2018

Plymouth are quite a big team, so would leave out lightweights like Reeves and play 5-3-2 or 3-5-2.

Agree that our team are light weight and more than likely will be over run and out muscled. Men v boys I’m afraid although hoping for a team effort and a return to good footballing skills.
  • Options

Looking forward to him signing for Oxford in the Summer!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2018

Who would you have as wingbacks though? I'm assuming Page is fit but on the other side? I think Marshall has the workrate and pace but I'm not convinced he has the tactical discipline and positional sense for that position (not his fault, he is a winger). Dijksteel doesn't like to get forward and is neither a fullback nor winger by trade.

For me, that right wingback role has been the problem with going 3-5-2 all season. Actually, when Holmes was here is was him too because he doesn't fit into that system. But Solly has looked off the pace playing as a conservative fullback, never mind the up and back of a wingback. I remember against Fleetwood (a) Konsa got up and back very well, and he's good on the ball, but again nowhere near a natural position for him. And Marshall does his doggies very well, but I don't think he's a great defender. Decent by winger standards, but not sure about him at wingback.
  • Options
    Keep it simple.
  • Options
    Well this week has seen aturnaround and Karl walking into the Oxford hot seat. Both Bowyer and Jackson have the same players to pick from as Karl would have had. Can the change make a difference well it would be harder not too. The crowd will watch with a view this has to improve but will it...I wish Charlton well and hope that this is Rolands last game as owner. I feel the game will be more attacking football but the same result. Only afool would not pick Plymouth to go home with the three points. Tight game 1-2 to Plymouth and better times for Charlton on the field of play come next season.
  • Options
    Ajose an zyro start
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    3-2 Zyro double & Bauer.
    Yes Plymouth are on a run, but they’re only a League One side. Referee may be important today.
  • Options
    Umerah and Maloney on the bench, interesting.
  • Options
    Looking at the line up it could be 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1.

Either Ajose and Zyro are upfront in a two which means putting Reeves on the wing with Fosu, or Ajose go's up top on his own with Reeves behind and Zyro and Fosu out wide.
  • Options
    Think it may be 4-3-3
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Can't see a match thread yet so here's the team from the OS

Charlton: Amos, Dijksteel, Bauer, Pearce, Page, Forster-Caskey, Aribo, Reeves, Fosu, Zyro, Ajose.
    Subs: Phillips, Sarr, Lennon, Maloney, Kaikai, Marshall, Umerah.