Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Plymouth | Sat 24 Mar | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

They must be smelling blood, Argyle really looking forward to coming to The Valley:

"Derek Adams and his players will be at Charlton this Saturday - and so will around 3,000 members of the Green Army.
    We are putting around 400 more tickets on sale, which we have now received from our friends at Charlton - and once they are gone, that is it. If they get sold, that will mean the maximum of 3,000 Pilgrims will be heading for the capital this Saturday.

We really are on our way."

Sounds like the Jimmy South Stand sold out.

Some amazing away attendances from South coast teams this season
  • Options
    And no doubt they will have plenty to cheer about. Hope the local chippies have stocked up on 3rd rate pasties, although if they have any sense the Plymouth lot will bring their own!
  • Options
    ross1 said:

That concludes everything from Lee Bowyer's press conference.

If you didn't tune in, you'll be able to watch it live on Valley Pass later today. #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC

Verified account

@CAFCofficial
    4h4 hours ago

LB "We're playing a team in the top six tomorrow but I know the players we have are capable of getting a positive result.

LB "The takeover rumours are nothing to do with me. The players and I are fully focused on trying to get into the play-offs.

LB "I know I'm capable of doing this. In my career, I worked with five or six international managers, played with some top players and have learned so much.

LB "You can't expect me to tell you how we're going to play tomorrow. All I will say is that we'll be doing things my way.

LB "I think we have got the squad of players to get into the play-offs, and win promotion. That puts a lot of pressure on myself but I truly believe it.

LB "Tomorrow is a big game [against @Only1Argyle]. I can assure our fans that everyone who takes to the pitch - from the start or coming off the bench - will be giving everything they have got

We have got some tough home games coming up against the teams above us. We're going to need the fans and hopefully they will get behind us.

LB "Things can change very quickly in football. I maybe didn't expect to be in this position but it is an opportunity I am very excited about.

Charlton Athletic FC

Verified account

@CAFCofficial
    4h4 hours ago
    More
    Lee Bowyer has arrived for his first press conference as Charlton Caretaker Manager.

Already an improvement on Robinson !!

Havent listened to that Interview from JFC yet but that twitter comment makes it sound like Robbo lost the dressing room!!

my only critique of this is why they have adopted the ridiculous robbo nicknames for lee bowyer as "bow" just say lee
    Curbs called him "bow" 22 years ago..................
  • Options
    I've been going for a 2-0 PA win all week. Now KR has gone, we have some fresh thinking in the dressing room & we know the takeover is just around the corner I'm going for a 3-1 win. JJ does the tunnel leap with LB on his back & Paul Elliott is seen in the directors box.
  • Options
    After all that's happened this week and all that could happen next week, there will be only one result for Charlton tomorrow.

Defeat.
  • Options
    Did he tell you that :)
  • Options
    ross1 said:

If you didn't tune in, you'll be able to watch it live on Valley Pass later today. #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC

Verified account

@CAFCofficial
    4h4 hours ago

LB "We're playing a team in the top six tomorrow but I know the players we have are capable of getting a positive result.

LB "The takeover rumours are nothing to do with me. The players and I are fully focused on trying to get into the play-offs.

LB "I know I'm capable of doing this. In my career, I worked with five or six international managers, played with some top players and have learned so much.

LB "You can't expect me to tell you how we're going to play tomorrow. All I will say is that we'll be doing things my way.

LB "I think we have got the squad of players to get into the play-offs, and win promotion. That puts a lot of pressure on myself but I truly believe it.

LB "Tomorrow is a big game [against @Only1Argyle]. I can assure our fans that everyone who takes to the pitch - from the start or coming off the bench - will be giving everything they have got

We have got some tough home games coming up against the teams above us. We're going to need the fans and hopefully they will get behind us.

LB "Things can change very quickly in football. I maybe didn't expect to be in this position but it is an opportunity I am very excited about.

Charlton Athletic FC

Verified account

@CAFCofficial
    4h4 hours ago
    More
    Lee Bowyer has arrived for his first press conference as Charlton Caretaker Manager.

Good to have a coherent manager.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

We are playing 442, Zyro and Ajose up top

Dear Mr R Henry,

Very kind of you to let us know. We had trained all week to prepare our game plan to nullify your 4-2-3-1, before realising that normally you do it yourselves.

Many thanks.

Regards,

Derek Adams,
    PAFC
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

ross1 said:

Charlton Athletic FC

Verified account

@CAFCofficial
    4h4 hours ago

Charlton Athletic FC

Verified account

@CAFCofficial
    4h4 hours ago
    More

Already an improvement on Robinson !!

Havent listened to that Interview from JFC yet but that twitter comment makes it sound like Robbo lost the dressing room!!

my only critique of this is why they have adopted the ridiculous robbo nicknames for lee bowyer as "bow" just say lee
    Curbs called him "bow" 22 years ago..................
    Curbs earned the right to call people whatever he wanted.
  • Options
    Could be anything I will go 0-3 another dismal performance.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

After all that's happened this week and all that could happen next week, there will be only one result for Charlton tomorrow.

Defeat.

Didn't anyone tell you that the glass is now half full - we are just waiting for the rest to be filled up with something other than Belgian piss.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Did he tell you that :)

He said so in his press conference.
  • Options
    With LB and J J at the helm and ROLAND RAT due to go any day soon,
    i think our team are good enough to win 2-0.
    COME ON YOU REDS !!
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Redhenry said:

Dear Mr R Henry,

Very kind of you to let us know. We had trained all week to prepare our game plan to nullify your 4-2-3-1, before realising that normally you do it yourselves.

Many thanks.

Regards,

Derek Adams,
    PAFC
    Haha, I could be wrong
  • Options
    addick05 said:

Redhenry said:

Christ, I bet Plymouth are bricking it!!!!!

Not a goal between them!
    Other than Zyro's against Peterborough ;)
  • Options
    Really not sure on this one. Our defence is stronger with Bauer back but it would have been nice to call on KAG up front but there you go. 1-1 and the play off dream hangs by a thread.
  • Options

addick05 said:

Redhenry said:

Christ, I bet Plymouth are bricking it!!!!!

Not a goal between them!
    Other than Zyro's against Peterborough ;)
    Sorry, how could I forget?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I bet......
    They sing 'your grounds too big for you' on 3 minutes 20 seconds.
    'Your support is fucking shit' on 5 minutes 10 seconds.
    Repeated approx every 10 minutes.
  • Options
    I am going. A draw I think, 1-1.
  • Options
    It's difficult to see a Charlton win, given both the number of players unavailable and the half-hearted rubbish served up in the last 3 or 4 games. The writing was obviously on the wall for Karl Robinson with the takeover looming and any vestige of doubt about that was removed by the recent downturn in results. His negativity and despondency looks as if it infected the players, certainly in the last few flaccid performances.

Liberated from that, I think the least we can expect is a determined team performance, where every player applies himself to the very best of his ability. If, notwithstanding that, the result goes against us, so be it - at least we won't have rolled over tamely, as we have done in recent weeks.
  • Options
    I predict an Ajose hat trick in a 3-1 win.
  • Options
    Starting to wish I was going but agreed to go and do DIY at my sister's new house.

1-1 hard fought draw. Pearce with the goal.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Phillips
    Konsa Bauer Pearce Page
    Marshall JFC Dijksteel Fosu
    Zyro Ajose

Edit. Crap we haven't got Konsa either.

Phillips
    Dijksteel Bauer Pearce Page
    Marshall JFC Aribo Fosu
    Zyro Ajose

I worry about JFC and Aribo being part of a 2 man central midfield. Neither of them are really suited to it. Need someone with a. Bit of fight to play as an enforcer alongside. Jacko 2 years ago would be the one.
  • Options

Phillips
    Konsa Bauer Pearce Page
    Marshall JFC Dijksteel Fosu
    Zyro Ajose

No Konsa
  • Options

you haven't been along lately have you Large......... :smiley:
  • Options

Only if they are OG's :smiley: