Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Plymouth | Sat 24 Mar | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    apparently Plymouths main weakness is their left back; that’s where they leak goals so reeves has to play a blinder on the right for us to win. They have a potent strike force so we need Bauer and Pearce, Sarr and not solly, lennon. We need to get and keep possesion so no lightweights like Reeves . Feeling excited for how we are going to play rather than the result. I would like to think it will be the unleashing of hell but rather think that its going to be a brave and courageous defeat
  • Options
    so replace marshall for reeves on right wing what was i thinking
  • Options
    I think the players will play with a freedom that has seldom been since the start of the season.
  • Options
    Having looked at the presser at least LB doesn't sound like a prick.

Would love a win, but this is Charlton.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Dazzler21 said:

I think the players will play with a freedom that has seldom been since the start of the season.

I'm seriously concerned for you @Dazzler21 with your hang up over incorrect name spellings if Dijksteel plays tomorrow :wink:
  • Options
    Article on the OS:

Jake Forster-Caskey believes that Caretaker Manager Lee Bowyer and Caretaker Assistant Manager Johnnie Jackson will push Charlton forward, as they head into the final 10 matches of the season, etc.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5ab4e60f2f4a9/forster-caskey-bowyer-is-going-to-push-us-forward

• Options

apparently Plymouths main weakness is their left back; that’s where they leak goals so reeves has to play a blinder on the right for us to win. They have a potent strike force so we need Bauer and Pearce, Sarr and not solly, lennon. We need to get and keep possesion so no lightweights like Reeves . Feeling excited for how we are going to play rather than the result. I would like to think it will be the unleashing of hell but rather think that its going to be a brave and courageous defeat

Reeves needs to play a blinder, but no lightweights like Reeves? I assume you mean Marshall needs to play a blinder? If so, I agree. Dyksteele would be my choice for right back - if he goes with 4-4-2.

I think he may well go for a 3-5-2 . Should be interesting. Really looking forward to it.
  • Options
    yes reeves is robinsons big mistake
  • Options
    I'm looking forward to tomorrow game,
    Not just because of the caretakers, or because we are so near to Duchatelet becoming history but mainly to jettison that boring game last week against Fleetwood on a freezing cold numbing game in front of about 6K to ROOM 101.
    Score for tomorrow.
    3-3
    Ajosie hat trick !!!
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Reeves needs to play a blinder, but no lightweights like Reeves? I assume you mean Marshall needs to play a blinder? If so, I agree. Dyksteele would be my choice for right back - if he goes with 4-4-2.

I think he may well go for a 3-5-2 . Should be interesting. Really looking forward to it.
    Please edit this before @Dazzler21 sees it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    New manager effect bounceback. 0-0.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    I'm guessing and extra couple of thousand on the gate post KRexit? Maybe more. There's definitely a bit of a buzz now.

The best thing for me is the uncertainty of the team line up, the formation, and the tactics. And that announcer yelling 'big Josh Magennis!' was really grating on me.

My son's bringing a friend, and my Arsenal mate has even asked to come to the match - first time he's actually asked.
  • Options
    Our game is one of the Sky Super 6 predictions. As our game is usually the last to finish, someone could become a millionaire off the back of the game.

Could be a game changer in the ownership battle with a very late, unexpected bid.
  • Options
    addick05 said:

And no doubt they will have plenty to cheer about. Hope the local chippies have stocked up on 3rd rate pasties, although if they have any sense the Plymouth lot will bring their own!

My mate brought a dozen up with him yesterday..... very nice they were too !
  • Options

New manager effect bounceback. 0-0.

Vital we do not lose today. A defeat could possibly put the nail in the coffin for a play-off spot.
  • Options
    Team I would pick

Amos
    Dijksteel, Baeur, Pearce, Sarr
    Marshall, Forster- Caskey, Aribo, Fosu,
    Ajose, Zyro

Subs Phillips, Lennon, Page, Jackson, Reeves, Mavididi, Cack.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Redrobo said:

Please edit this before @Dazzler21 sees it.
    I think we should all try and spell as many names as possible in a variety of ways Just to give him a purpose in life.
  • Options
    New manager bounce or dead cat bounce?
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    dickplumb said:

Team I would pick

Amos
    Ajose, Zyro

Would play Mivididi if fit. Or 'Mavidi ' as Karl kept calling him.

So there's a 'Baeur' playing today @Dazzler21
  • Options
    OF all the weirdest backdrops to games over the years of our roller coaster ride this is right up there as the daftest of them all. After last week I really wasn’t going to bother today. Now that KR has shuffled off I’m marginally more curious to see whether a different formation makes much difference to our rag tag and bob tail squad. New manager bounce not doing much for me otherwise im afraid as it’s surely a purely temporary situation. Plymouth may be half decent so hopefully an improvement on the depressingly poor teams that we have been forced to watch do a number on us in recent weeks. Not much to enthuse over on the field I suspect and takeover must surely be close so it’s limbo-land. And I’ve got a stinking cold. Can’t really work out why I’m bothering to be honest but I’ll drag myself along. Bet it’s a 5-4 rip roaring snorter.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2018

OF all the weirdest backdrops to games over the years of our roller coaster ride this is right up there as the daftest of them all. After last week I really wasn’t going to bother today. Now that KR has shuffled off I’m marginally more curious to see whether a different formation makes much difference to our rag tag and bob tail squad. New manager bounce not doing much for me otherwise im afraid as it’s surely a purely temporary situation. Plymouth may be half decent so hopefully an improvement on the depressingly poor teams that we have been forced to watch do a number on us in recent weeks. Not much to enthuse over on the field I suspect and takeover must surely be close so it’s limbo-land. And I’ve got a stinking cold. Can’t really work out why I’m bothering to be honest but I’ll drag myself along. Bet it’s a 5-4 rip roaring snorter.

I think that's the cold talking. It feels like the dawn is just around the corner, and spring is in the air. And I can soon finally get behind a very grand opening ceremony for the fabulous (almost) new and greatly improved Jimmy Seed Stand sign that Katrien was so kind to erect for us all out of the goodness of her heart :-)
  • Options
    New manager bounce... 0-0
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

dickplumb said:

Team I would pick

Amos
    Ajose, Zyro

Mavididi is not fully fit, he has just returned to training.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

JamesSeed said:

dickplumb said:

Team I would pick

Amos
    Ajose, Zyro

Shame. So might be fit enough for 10 or 20 mins maybe.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    JamesSeed said:

dickplumb said:

JamesSeed said:

dickplumb said:

Team I would pick

Amos
    Ajose, Zyro

Shame. So might be fit enough for 10 or 20 mins maybe.
    Or, if you're Karl Robinson, 90 minutes + injury time!
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    I think we'll see something different today in terms of the team's commitment and tactics but I've no idea if that will be enough to get a result. Before Thursday I was ready to do something I've never done before - walk into a bookies a have a bet (on Plymouth to win). Good thing I didn't because the outcome is now not the banker it once was.
  • Options
    Think I would go for:
    Amos
    Baeur, Pearce, Sarr
    Mavididi
    Ajose, Zyro

Wouldn't do it away, and asks a lot of Marshall and Fosu but I think we need to take the game to them.
  • Options
    Isn't it sad that it has reached the stage where Plymouth Argyle are favourites to beat us, at home, in the third division.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Isn't it sad that it has reached the stage where Plymouth Argyle are favourites to beat us, at home, in the third division.

and they'll have nearly as many fans as us.