Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer potentially last game in charge on Monday

Comments

• Options
    Have to get new owners in firstly, the old Belgian git is now holding on & out for more £ dosh as the play offs with the relativised team and a possible promotion looming. Bowyer to the last game of the season whenever that might be, early or late May, and if promoted will continue next season with JJ as coach and Curbs upstairs. Powell is still a real option come the end of season although I would personally prefer not - just saying.
  • Options
    Despite the outrage here Bowyer himself says he’s not sure if being a manager is what he really wants to do.

I’m not also in the give him to the end of the season camp. If the new owners are going to appoint a new man then I’d rather they did it now so we can plan properly for next season. Yes there is a slight chance of promotion still, based on one performance mind you, but would that chance necessarily go under a new man, especially if Bow and JJ were still involved? No reason to think so in my opinion.

If, over the weekend, we only picked up a couple of points then opinion here would shift again. I wanted Robbo out but now we should be looking long term.
  • Options

Please. Not another thread. Reckon this has been taken well out of context. Murray probably said to treat each game as his last due to ongoing developments. Please try to remember, Murray said this would be done in February. It's now April.
    Like EVERYBODY else, apart from Roland, they cannot say hand on heart that they know how or when this will end.

Threads like this just whip up the hysteria.
    Please.
    You've seen and heard enough recently surely to not take a nibble.

I simply shared what is in the public domain and it would appear Bowyer confirmed that indeed was what he was told. Whether that is what will actually happen, time will tell. End of.
  • Options

If true that's fucking ridiculous with the 2 most important games of the season in 4 days.

Just shows the depths that Murray will go to keep in the limelight what a prick of a decision to make that comment

I hope the man fks off soon

Amen to that brother.
  • Options
    Murray has taken on the mantle of Chief Bullshitter since Squirrel face left.
  • Options

Pretty sure Robinson had that nailed.
  • Options
    I think it was Richard Murray who once said don’t believe everything you read in the papers at a fans meeting.
  • Options

I think it was Richard Murray who once said don’t believe everything you read in the papers at a fans meeting.

Richard Murray also said he thought Matt Holland was a very overrated player a year before we signed him and he then proved a very decent player for CAFC !
  • Options

Think it was a "message board thing"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Dazzler21 said:

I’d forgotten about him.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

F@ck me we've only played 1 game under Lee

But it was a very good game, especially when compared with what went before it.
  • Options
    Is it just me or are folk simply not getting that until we get new owners Bowyer will stay our manager and even then he may well stay...... as we don't have new owners then why even discuss it.
    Many posters seem not to be taking this into consideration when discussing who our next manager will be.....yet alone when the job will become available.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Even if true, he should keep his mouth shut. If not true he should keep his mouth shut! If Bowyer and JJ get 6 points from the next two games, that would be 9 from 9 and at this key point in the season, why mess with that?

It was the same when Duchatelet took over - there was a lot of spirit in the side and whilst our league position was precarious, we had games in hand and an FA cup quarter final. Why he couldn't have just supported Powell - even in a limited way and reacted to how it panned out. That is good ownership - have your plan by all means but be able to adapt to circumstances.
  • Options

Added article link to opening post

Cheers
  • Options
    What a shitty little interviewer.
    Hope the weekend goes well for Bow.
    Come on you Reds
  • Options

If Bowyer's last game as manager is on Monday - then that can only mean the takeover happens next week.

Nailed on.

FACT

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:

F@ck me we've only played 1 game under Lee

More than what we've played under Harry then
  • Options
    Problem is its not even down to the fans what happens.
    We want Roland gone so whatever happens after that we take on the chin.
  • Options

Don't know how to add the link but interesting article on Bowyer in the Express this morning. Also, it is mentioned that Richard Murray has advised him Monday's game could be his last one in charge.

Ed. Big interview

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/939001/Lee-Bowyer-Charlton-Athletic-Leeds-United

I'd feel sullied clicking a link to the Daily Gets Much Worse's webpage.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    It isn't up to us, but we want to see the club promoted and if Bowyer wins the next two - keeping him at least to see how this pans out would seem to be a no brainer. if he doesn't fair enough!
  • Options

The only one left in the building.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Don't know how to add the link but interesting article on Bowyer in the Express this morning. Also, it is mentioned that Richard Murray has advised him Monday's game could be his last one in charge.

Ed. Big interview

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/939001/Lee-Bowyer-Charlton-Athletic-Leeds-United

If I was Lee Bowyer, I think I'd be a little pissed of with Matthew Dunn for that article. He said he was going to spare the details and then went on to list every historical misdemeanour. Trashy journalism.
    There's a lesson, Bow ...... don't be too willing to give honest interviews to trash newspapers.

Ask yourself, "What would Curbs have done?" :smile:

• Options

It isn't up to us, but we want to see the club promoted and if Bowyer wins the next two - keeping him at least to see how this pans out would seem to be a no brainer. if he doesn't fair enough!

Lee takes us to the semi finals and we get beat what do we do them
    One thing i could suggest we the fans all chip in and buy the club off roland we then can decide what goes on.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Dazzler21 said:

Is this something to do with Operation Spanner? (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Spanner)
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Lee takes us to the semi finals and we get beat what do we do them
    One thing i could suggest we the fans all chip in and buy the club off roland we then can decide what goes on.
    Well that would be up to the new owners, as would a decision if we won the play offs - but my point is this is not a point in the season where you alter things if they seem to be going your way!