Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer potentially last game in charge on Monday

Comments

• Options
    To bring in a new manager now, if Lee wants the job, would look bad and may hamper our, still long shot at promotion. However if the take over happens soon, planning for next season is more important than a gamble this season.

There are many options and possible out comes but would anyone agree that Lee staying until the end of the season, us not going up, new man starting in June and the transfer window shutting before the season starts sounds like a good idea?

If I was making a £100 million investment I wouldn't gamble it all on a guy that has managed 2 games and has publicly said he doesn't know if he wants the job.
  • Options
    I honestly think there’ll let this run till the end of the season - especially if we win Monday.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    I reckon Roland will hold off and appoint some one random after 9 games, just so our winnings are non existent ;)
  • Options

I honestly think there’ll let this run till the end of the season - especially if we win Monday.

Who is planning for next season?
  • Options
    Only read the first few posts & then looked at the time they were posted.....8-9 AM -at least 6 hours BEFORE today's game. NON STORY.

In any case, how would RM have any say on what happens when new owners come in & how does he know what they might do in any case. RD hardly tells him anything so I doubt whether Andrew Muir or whoever it is would.

NON STORY x2.
  • Options
    If we win again on Monday, whilst i'll be delighted if we get taken over, i will actually be annoyed if they get rid of Bowyer. Definitely deserves until the end of the season.

Can see a Harris/Millwall scenario. Loves the club, players clearly like him, fans love him, why ruin a good thing?
  • Options
    It feels to me that he is focused on what needs to be done. Which is what everybody should be focused on including the new owners. There is a real chance of promotion, not because we are well placed all of a sudden, but how we are playing.

Perfectly reasonable that they would be lining up a manager, but intelligent people always react and adapt to circumstances and there seems to be something to react to going on at the Valley right now. It is all good news for a new owner really - it isn't like they have to react to a crisis!
  • Options

they'll
  • Options

It feels to me that he is focused on what needs to be done. Which is what everybody should be focused on including the new owners. There is a real chance of promotion, not because we are well placed all of a sudden, but how we are playing.

Perfectly reasonable that they would be lining up a manager, but intelligent people always react and adapt to circumstances and there seems to be something to react to going on at the Valley right now. It is all good news for a new owner really - it isn't like they have to react to a crisis!

Sadly that snippet of common sense is probably beyond Murray - who once clearly knew what he was doing and had decent judgement, but then decided to travel so far up his own ar*e that it all went out of the window. What he forgot, was the best Chairman/owner finds the best manager for their club and then supports them to be successful!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think the ground needs to make it clear on monday exactly who we want to be manager - maybe, just maybe that was the intention....
  • Options
    Given that his chosen nickname is Bow (Bows fishing lakes) could we adapt an old chant for Monday? Lee Bow, Lee Bow, Lee Bow!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2018

Given that his chosen nickname is Bow (Bows fishing lakes) could we adapt an old chant for Monday? Lee Bow, Lee Bow, Lee Bow!!!

Lol, No! I had to correct a Leeds fan once at Elland Road who was chanting 'Lee Bowyer, Lee Bowyer, Lee Bowyer' and teach him the original proper version. Also Tracey Leaburn probably wouldn't appreciate it :wink: .
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Lol, No! I had to correct a Leeds fan once at Elland Road who was chanting 'Lee Bowyer, Lee Bowyer, Lee Bowyer' and teach him the original proper version. Also Tracey Leaburn probably wouldn't appreciate it :wink: .
    C'mon it would be a tribute to the big man. Didn't they play together?
  • Options
    Crawley Town boss Harry Kewell has played down reports linking him with the vacant manager's job at League One club Charlton Athletic.

The Sydney Morning Herald has claimed an Australian consortium is close to buying out Roland Duchatelet, the Addicks owner since 2014.

Kewell, who won 56 caps for Australia, insisted no contact had been made.

"I am an Australian manager in the league and people have decided to put two and two together," he said.

"I've had 24 years in the game and I'll carry on doing my job. Don't get me wrong, I'm flattered, but no-one has approached me."

The 39-year-old former Leeds and Liverpool player became Crawley head coach in May last year.

They are 14th in League Two, but have two points more already than they managed in the whole of last season.

"I'm in it as far as they want me in it. I would love to take the club to a higher level," he added.

Charlton currently have Lee Bowyer in interim charge following Karl Robinson's departure to take over at Oxford United.

They are eighth in League One, two points outside the play-off
  • Options

they'll
    We’ll.
  • Options
    So 3 wins from 3 as I said was possible earlier in this thread. Awkward.

Just announce Bowyer in for the rest of the season so those of us who backed Bowyer as next manager can get paid out.

So what happens now? Over to you Murray...

My guess being today could have been his last match being much the same as we could have been sold in February.
  • Options
    I can tell you, there is absolutely no chance Bowyer won't get until the end of the season - I don't have insider info - it is just common sense. Relax.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The way the takeover is dragging on, Bowyer will be surely be caretaker for the rest of the season. Indeed at the moment, there's no need to formalise the arrangement as it's clearly working, let the coaches and players concentrate on winning matches.

• Options
    Parkinson was given the job based on results, so why not Lee?
  • Options
    If Bowyer had been in charge all season this Charlton side would be going up automatically.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

they'll
    We’ll.
    I'll.
  • Options

The way the takeover is going he could be caretaker next season too

Interim.
  • Options
    I am not buying into all this Bowyer stuff.

We did not score four today and we conceded one.

"Bowyer out, Kewell in"
  • Options

The way the takeover is going he could be caretaker next season too

I reckon every time we win Roly lumps a million on the price. The way Bows is going, no-one will be able to afford us.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Stig said:

I reckon every time we win Roly lumps a million on the price. The way Bows is going, no-one will be able to afford us.

Bows out! Pardew in!!!
  • Options

Stig said:

Bows out! Pardew in!!!
    Now that would be one last Duchatelet twist of the knife. Shudders thinking about it.