Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer potentially last game in charge on Monday

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2018

Please. Not another thread. Reckon this has been taken well out of context. Murray probably said to treat each game as his last due to ongoing developments. Please try to remember, Murray said this would be done in February. It's now April.
    Like EVERYBODY else, apart from Roland, they cannot say hand on heart that they know how or when this will end.

Threads like this just whip up the hysteria.
    Please.
    You've seen and heard enough recently surely to not take a nibble.

Yup all good points, and I don't think there's anything particularly new regarding the future here. It's well known that a takeover is believed to be imminent, and that could see Bowyer replaced as manager.

The rest of the article is very awkward and kind of sensationalized. Instead of saying "these are the bad things Lee Bowyer has done in the past," it hints at them through multiple paragraphs, and insinuates bringing them up to Bowyer. It's that kind of tease you into wanting more style, and I think it's shitty writing, and a bad way to treat someone who has granted you an interview. You don't owe them anything about not bringing up their past, but if you're going to do it, do it on the record and let them respond on the record in a coherent fashion.

Here is a more interesting, and complex, picture of Bowyer from 2003. The things he did/was a part of should not be forgotten. But he does seem like a person who has grown and changed (something David "My Babies" O'Leary touches on starting in the 18 months or so after the incident outside the McDonald's).

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2003/jan/12/football.newsstory
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Does anyone know if RM is a paid member of staff and does he have an office at the ground, turning up every morning at 08:30?

Or

Does he just drift in mid morning, stand at the reception desk boring the security guard. Drift into the office staff room for a coffee, then out on to the pitch for a chat with the ground staff, loitering till his coupla million is returned?
  • Options

Does anyone know if RM is a paid member of staff and does he have an office at the ground, turning up every morning at 08:30?

Or

Does he just drift in mid morning, stand at the reception desk boring the security guard. Drift into the office staff room for a coffee, then out on to the pitch for a chat with the ground staff, loitering till his coupla million is returned?

Murray isn’t an employee, isn’t based at the club and doesn’t run it on a day to day basis.
  • Options

Or

Murray isn’t an employee, isn’t based at the club and doesn’t run it on a day to day basis.
    Yes, but apart from that, what has he ever done for us?
  • Options

Or

The club is now run by club shop Kenny the most senior person left...allegedly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shows what a shitty manager Robinson is......with these players we should be top 2
  • Options
    Agree Bowyer has to be given a chance until the end of season certainly but I am worried that Kewell is already chosen by the new owners as the one they want. ( ooh ooh ooh) sorry.
  • Options
    Just see what happens... If we continue on this run then Bowyer has to be left alone.

IF we drop off suddenly, start losing and look like missing out on the Play-Offs then consider replacing him as another season in L1 will likely beckon, can then give a new man a few weeks to assess the squad ahead of the summer
  • Options

Agree Bowyer has to be given a chance until the end of season certainly but I am worried that Kewell is already chosen by the new owners as the one they want. ( ooh ooh ooh) sorry.

What new owners?
    Roland's finally worked out that he could make himself a few quid with a good run of results, a trip to Wembley and promotion.
  • Options
    Don't forget Bowyer and Kewell good mates and Kewell brought him to Watford. So good chance Bowyer would be kept on whatever happens.
  • Options
    Potential new owners would be bonkers to make a change. Give Bowyer the rest of the season, see where we end up and then make a call.
  • Options
    Not been all season but it does seem like, through all the nonsense, someone with the ability to get the team playing in the right way has fallen in our laps. Would be really silly to not give him till the end of the season and make a decision at that point. No real need to bring someone in with under 10 games to go particularly when there really is very little difference in experience between Bowyer and Kewell and the results and performances have improved.
  • Options
    Regardless of what happens leave Bowyer until the end of the season and then make a decision. Even if we fail to make the playoffs Bowyer and Jacko have restored a bit of respect.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No change please.
  • Options
    Lee Lee Lee Bowyer

Nuff said
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    ct_addick said:

Don't forget Bowyer and Kewell good mates and Kewell brought him to Watford. So good chance Bowyer would be kept on whatever happens.

I know several people say this, but if you were Bowyer how would you feel about dropping down to be Kewell's assistant after this? I mean Kewell isn't exactly someone automatically deserving of his respect as a manager, is he? Ex team-mates, same sort of age...I cannot see that working. And Kewell will put himself under a lot of pressure, because after two games at least, no one can improve on what Bowyer has managed. Of course 2 or 3 games is nothing, but if the stories are to be believed, this would be a decision they would make next Tuesday. If Bow gets a win Monday, I'd expect him to tell Kewell where to stick his no 2 role.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    scrap that thought scunthorp have already hired.. deerr
  • Options
    If the new owners bring in kewell before the season ends and we are still in winning ways.

Then we have a right bunch of complete morons on our hands, it will be awful and I'd be scared.

That's the worry.
  • Options
    Better farkin not be.