Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The playoff race

Comments

• Options
    Uboat said:

I saw that quite a few Plymouth fans put money on a top 6 finish at really long odds at the start of the season. 500-1 to go up, I think.
    They probably should have cashed out.

They still can. Skybet offering 11/4 they make top 6 and other bookies are 5/2
  • Options
    L

Rochdale had a big incentive to beat Oxford yesterday.

Oxford have the Robinson magic now of course.
  • Options
    Rochdale top 6 form
  • Options
    If its a neutral ground, then i'm assuming that it would be as equi-distant as possible , so, London Stadium seems fair.

Seriously, maybe Reading or Southampton or Bristol City?
  • Options

If its a neutral ground, then i'm assuming that it would be as equi-distant as possible , so, London Stadium seems fair.

Carrow Road works for me.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

Rochdale top 6 form

Charlton in top 2, play-off winning form.
  • Options

The League One form table since Lord Bowyer inherited his SE7 estate:

https://www.twtd.co.uk/league-tables/competition:league-one/daterange/fromdate:2018-Mar-22/todate:2018-Jun-01/type:home-and-away/

#ThanksRobbo #ThanksRobbo #SeasonAlmostWasted #LordBowyerTheSaviour

Not much chance of Gillingham taking points of Plymouth!

Scunthorpe's form is good, as they've only played 6 matches in that period. Rochdale have played 10!
  • Options

But when would it be played ? Not that its likely but if all those hypotheticals happened then the play-off game to decide a play-off team couldn't be played before the scheduled thursday match - probably in its place ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In the unlikely event of two teams finishing equal in every permutation I would hope the EFL would see sense and not expect the two teams to play an extra match before the playoffs.
    The only sensible way to decide would be:
    Paper Rock Scissors.
  • Options
    edited May 2018

In the unlikely event of two teams finishing equal in every permutation I would hope the EFL would see sense and not expect the two teams to play an extra match before the playoffs.
    Paper Rock Scissors.

Just have a crossbar challenge and be done with it!
  • Options
    Over 1,000 tickets have been sold for Saturday's trip to @officiallydale and we have received an increased allocation of over 3,000 depending on demand

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5ae734572e8b3/extra-ticket-allocation-and-coaches-for-final-day-clash-at-rochdale

• Options

Paper Rock Scissors.

Just have a crossbar challenge and be done with it!
    A 'Final Day Arse-Off' ...

And the winner is ... Jason Pearce and Charlton!
  • Options

Rochdale top 6 form

Have played 2/3/4 games more than the majority of other sides in the form table though
  • Options

Rochdale top 6 form

Have played 2/3/4 games more than the majority of other sides in the form table though
    Agreed.

A form table where some teams have played 10 and some 7 doesn't really work.
  • Options
    I get that’s its like that because it’s purely results from one date to another, so teams have played different amount of games.

Would be good if it was sorted by points per game instead of total points in that case
  • Options
    Wonder if Charlton will now release Play Off tickets

Remember when we finished 4th and faced Swindon, tickets went on sale before the final game when we could have gotten autos or even 3rd (so different date).

Didnt buy one until after the final day that year myself as didnt want to give up on coming 2nd
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surely even we cant mess it up from here
  • Options
    Hoping for a Bradford win on Saturday, and obvs a win for us as I think playing at home the Saturday is better, also I think Scunthorpe are the main dangers so would like to see them play Shrewsbury
  • Options

Wonder if Charlton will now release Play Off tickets

Remember when we finished 4th and faced Swindon, tickets went on sale before the final game when we could have gotten autos or even 3rd (so different date).

Didnt buy one until after the final day that year myself as didnt want to give up on coming 2nd

Play-offs or autos is totally different to play-offs or 7th. Imagine the embarrassment.
  • Options

I get that’s its like that because it’s purely results from one date to another, so teams have played different amount of games.

Would be good if it was sorted by points per game instead of total points in that case

I just wanted to see what the impact of Lord Bowyer was in relation to the rest of the division!

Answer: he's a f'kin genius miracle worker.
  • Options
    edited May 2018

Hoping for a Bradford win on Saturday, and obvs a win for us as I think playing at home the Saturday is better, also I think Scunthorpe are the main dangers so would like to see them play Shrewsbury

Would prefer Thursday night and Sunday evening rather than early Saturday kick off. We never play well in early kick offs.
  • Options
    Let's look at this differently after tonight's result...

Shrewsbury possible positions: 3rd ONLY

Rotherham possible positions: 4th OR 5th

Scunthorpe possible positions: 4th OR 5th OR 6th

Charlton possible positions: 5th OR 6th OR 7th

Plymouth possible positions: 6th OR 7th
  • Options
    95% play offs & 80% chance of getting Shrewsbury. Scunny have to lose & us to win for us to get 5th. They have a much better goal difference & a point will be enough for them.

May be better playing Shrewsbury as it will be a few days later & gives more resting time & a chance for Fosu to be fit for at least the 2nd leg.
  • Options

95% play offs & 80% chance of getting Shrewsbury. Scunny have to lose & us to win for us to get 5th. They have a much better goal difference & a point will be enough for them.

May be better playing Shrewsbury as it will be a few days later & gives more resting time & a chance for Fosu to be fit for at least the 2nd leg.

I'm fairly certain that the Shrewsbury semi final would be on Thursday 10th. Rotherham would be Saturday 12th.