Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The playoff race

Comments

• Options
    Just caught the score!! Fucking yes!!!!!
  • Options
    Interesting too that all four sides have won Play-Offs in some capacity

Dont know if Shrewsbury have as a club yet Paul Hurst did it with Grimsby, Rotherham and Scunthorpe have both won the League One Final and think Charlton have some sort of history
  • Options
    The Play-off race is run.

Now to focus on winning them!
  • Options

Rotherham and Scunthorpe in horrible runs (and indeed, Scunthorpe firing thir manager because of it - how shocking was that ! - 5th in the league and fired) with 4 points from last 6 games and 6 points from last 9 games respectively.
    So, can see the final 3-6 being Shrewsbury,Plymouth,Us,Pboro or Portsmouth. Thus Plymouth in the play offs and Shrewsbury in final.

edit: Scunthorpe have won once in last 13 games.

Nearly right! ;-)
  • Options

95% play offs & 80% chance of getting Shrewsbury. Scunny have to lose & us to win for us to get 5th. They have a much better goal difference & a point will be enough for them.

May be better playing Shrewsbury as it will be a few days later & gives more resting time & a chance for Fosu to be fit for at least the 2nd leg.

I'm fairly certain that the Shrewsbury semi final would be on Thursday 10th. Rotherham would be Saturday 12th.
    Yes, you're right. Unless Rotherham lose 2-0 on sat & Scunny win 2-0 & then Scunny will be 4th & Rotherham 5th and so no problem with Rotherham not be able to play on the Saturday.
  • Options
    Charlton 1/250 to make the play offs. Plymouth 50/1 on skybet.
  • Options

Charlton 1/250 to make the play offs. Plymouth 50/1 on skybet.

Worth a security bet
  • Options
    Just out of interest there is no issues with our loan players is there? I assume the loan period would cover the play-offs as well as standard? (I ask because I am very aware of who the clueless muppet who negotiated JDS and Amos' loan deals would have been)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cant be 100 per cent play offs - there is still a possibility.
  • Options
    Skybet odds for promotion.

Rotherham
    9/4
    Charlton
    11/4
    Scunthorpe
    3/1
    Shrewsbury
    3/1
    Plymouth
    250/1
  • Options
    So if we finish 5th we play...

H on Wed 9th, A on Sat 12th

If we finish 6th we play...

H on Thur 10th, A on Sun 13th

Is that correct?
  • Options
    i think so. Callum is the expert..............
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    It’s possibly already been asked but does anyone know what the confirmed away allocations would be for each?

Football ground guide says up to 2.5k for Rotherham which I’m sure would be sufficient but doesn’t give a number for Shrewsbury and I’m sure it would be fairly small - maybe 1.5k max!??

Cheers.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
  • Options
    So Shrewsbury Away would be Sat lunchtime, Rotherham Away the following Wednesday night?
  • Options

Our first game will be at home either Thursday or saturday
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No. We would be home Thursday night or Saturday 12.30

Away Sunday afternoon or Wednesday night
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Our first game will be at home either Thursday or saturday
    Yes, I edited my initial response then never got round to finishing it!

Well I am slightly pissed :smile:
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Okay enough about dates now. Away allocations please......... lol
  • Options

Okay enough about dates now. Away allocations please......... lol

Shrews 1500, Rotherham 2500 lol
  • Options
    If Plymouth win 2-0 and we lose 4-0 then we will have to play a play-off against Plymouth in order to get into the play-offs! (NB: we both won and lost 2-0 in our matches against Plymouth).

'If two or more Clubs have the same number of points, goal difference and goals scored the highest placed Club shall be determined by the respective League records against each other, taking into account in order of precedence, points gained, goal difference and goals scored. If the above procedures do not separate the Clubs, then the Clubs concerned shall play off a deciding League Match or Matches under arrangements approved by the Board on a neutral ground'.
  • Options
    we know that jimmy boy. Say hi to mum and dad for me !!
  • Options
    @The Organiser from shrewsbury os

he purpose-built stadium has a capacity of 9,875 across four stands. Away supporters are based in the Pro Vision CCTV Stand North Stand. The stand can hold up to 1796 away fans and includes platform seating for disabled fans.

From away ground guide on Rotherham

Away fans are normally housed in the Mears Stand at one end of the stadium, where around 2,500 supporters can be accommodated
  • Options
    Think the Shrewsbury Away End is decent for atmosphere
  • Options
    Thanks all - maybe Shews will be just enough for a Sun evening game.