Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The playoff race

Comments

• Options
    The 4-0 + 2-0 outcome is 450/1 with 365
  • Options

The 4-0 + 2-0 outcome is 450/1 with 365

I wouldn't even waste a quid on it.
  • Options
    My head hurts
  • Options

My head hurts

Mine too. I'm just going to rely on other people on Saturday to explain if things are good or bad.
  • Options
    Charlton always seem to find away to give at least a modicum of anxiety, but surely even that won't be possible on Saturday. Will it?
  • Options
    Having just watched the Liverpool game ANYTHING is possible!
  • Options
    While Plymouth still see a glimmer of hope they will be sure to throw everything at it to secure a play off spot hoping Charlton will do their bit to wobble. And let's face it we have been known to grab defeat from the jaws of victory before. However with LB I have a better feeling than if it had been KR at the helm. We have been a tougher nut to crack lately so even if Dale win I can't see the +7 swing in GD for Plymouth.
  • Options
    let's hope the players and management are not as complacent as some on here. It would be typical Charlton to lose by a goal or two on Saturday and although Plymouth scoring four or five away from home is unlikely it's certainly not impossible. A couple of early goals and news we are a goal down and anything could happen. I am as confident as the next man that it won't happen but .....
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    we are there stop worrying think we will lose 2-1 on saturday or draw 1-1, looks like plymouths manager should of done his lap of honour last home game :lol:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gillingham have had such an uneven season. A great run when they almost looked like an outside bet for the playoffs, but now only one win in their last 10 matches.

http://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=england3
  • Options
    Plus Scally and Gillingham hate Charlton. Rochdale have to win and hope Nothampton lose. Rochdale may set up to not lose ie if they are 2 nil up they may try and hold on to what they bgot rather than being gung ho to win. Plymouth have to go for it. It will be 2 different games....
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:

Plus Scally and Gillingham hate Charlton. Rochdale have to win and hope Nothampton lose. Rochdale may set up to not lose ie if they are 2 nil up they may try and hold on to what they bgot rather than being gung ho to win. Plymouth have to go for it. It will be 2 different games....

Oldham are the ones that need to lose
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:

Northampton lose and Rochdale are relegated
  • Options
    If we can't manage to get into the playoffs from this position we might as well give up
  • Options
    clive said:

Where would this game be played?

A play-off for the play-offs?

Charlton and Plymouth would have to contest a play-off match at a neutral ground to determine who finishes sixth, if the Addicks were to lose 4-0 at Rochdale and Argyle were to win 2-0 at Gillingham.

This would make the clubs’ points tallies, goal difference, goals scored and head-to-head records identical. The play-off match would most likely be contested on Monday, May 7th or Tuesday, May 8th.

Surely the head-to-head record is the 2 games VS each other so they have beaten us twice this season so if this was happen then they would go through and no play-off game for a play-off place (like in Europe its the records against each other not overall records)
  • Options
    Red_James said:

clive said:

Charlton and Plymouth would have to contest a play-off match at a neutral ground to determine who finishes sixth, if the Addicks were to lose 4-0 at Rochdale and Argyle were to win 2-0 at Gillingham.

This would make the clubs’ points tallies, goal difference, goals scored and head-to-head records identical. The play-off match would most likely be contested on Monday, May 7th or Tuesday, May 8th.

Surely the head-to-head record is the 2 games VS each other so they have beaten us twice this season so if this was happen then they would go through and no play-off game for a play-off place (like in Europe its the records against each other not overall records)
    What do you mean? They beat us 2-0 at Home Park, we beat them 2-0 at the Valley.
  • Options

Red_James said:

clive said:

What do you mean? They beat us 2-0 at Home Park, we beat them 2-0 at the Valley.
    Yeah sorry I was thinking they beat us twice (don't know why)
  • Options
    I can't do links but Shrewsbury been confirmed as A for the play offs ie away next Thursday and home on Sunday 13th at 5.15pm.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I can't do links but Shrewsbury been confirmed as A for the play offs ie away next Thursday and home on Sunday 13th at 5.15pm.

That's Shrewsbury being away on Thursday and home on Sunday!
  • Options

Correct
  • Options
    Well isnt this exiting,from being down and outs we are in pole position for a play off place,now,there has to be a 6 goal swing to stop us .what could possibly go wrong,well we hope,nothing,but what if we are suddenly 2 down,and Plymouth go 2 up,plenty of new ring pieces required for addicks fans,but it wont go wrong will it?
  • Options
    edited May 2018
  • Options
    edited May 2018

Incorrect- Reading the link it says if we play Shrews we will be at home Thursday and away Sunday.

The away first leg at either Glanford Park or The Valley will kick-off at 7.45pm while the return leg at Montgomery Waters Meadow is on Sunday, May 13 at 5.15pm.
  • Options
    edited May 2018

Incorrect- Reading the link it says if we play Shrews we will be at home Thursday and away Sunday.

The away first leg at either Glanford Park or The Valley will kick-off at 7.45pm while the return leg at Montgomery Waters Meadow is on Sunday, May 13 at 5.15pm.
    That's what he said.

"That's Shrewsbury being away on Thursday and home on Sunday!"

Meaning Shrewsbury will be away (to Charlton) on Thursday.

So you're both right!
  • Options

I actually meant that, maybe my wording was unclear i.e. that Shrewsbury would be away on the Thursday and that they would be at home on the Sunday! Quite looking forward to a weekend in Shrewsbury actually if that's how it works out, and I can get tickets!
  • Options

Well isnt this exiting,from being down and outs we are in pole position for a play off place,now,there has to be a 6 goal swing to stop us .what could possibly go wrong,well we hope,nothing,but what if we are suddenly 2 down,and Plymouth go 2 up,plenty of new ring pieces required for addicks fans,but it wont go wrong will it?

Nearly flaggable.
  • Options

I actually meant that, maybe my wording was unclear i.e. that Shrewsbury would be away on the Thursday and that they would be at home on the Sunday! Quite looking forward to a weekend in Shrewsbury actually if that's how it works out, and I can get tickets!
    My mistake i read it wrong, also told someone i work with the opposite without reading myself. Sorry for pulling you up @killerandflash