Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket - Summer of 2018

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2018
    And I thought it was just the Yanks that didn't do irony.
  • Options
    There are a few of them on here, but you are a total arse.
  • Options

Mods: can someone be barred for being an absolute twat?
    If so, then this Dick needs to be put at top of Queue.

Not top.
    The Brexit thread has the worst offenders by far.
  • Options
    Do us all a favour - just fuck off, and save a bit of Cyber Space from all your shit.
    And you're not even a Charlton fan !!
  • Options
    Leuth said:

It's like listening to two MCC members who always sit next to each other in the Lord's pavilion and have hated each other for 45 years

BTW, congratulations for the win last weekend, after Surrey, Worcestershire are my second favourite team :)
  • Options

Leuth said:

It's like listening to two MCC members who always sit next to each other in the Lord's pavilion and have hated each other for 45 years

BTW, congratulations for the win last weekend, after Surrey, Worcestershire are my second favourite team :)
    Not least as we let you lord it up at New Road the other week ;)
  • Options
    Now I've had a look at my recent posts again and do you know what? Yes I'm still owed apologies for abuse from two members. I think sadly I'm going to have to explain everything for the thickos on here.
    Someone posts about Moen Ali being racially abused in an Ashes Test. Someone says it was probably Warner. Then I say what the same David Warner who punched Root for being racist? For insulting Muslims in fact as he claimed. Now this is where I made a mistake. I should have added: How ironic would that be? Or: Oh the irony! Or even just a little:...as Alana Morrisette would say... But I didn't because irony is supposed to be subtle and should not need to be explained. I then get abuse for apparently making up things that were not reported at the time or subsequently. However as I have proved they were reported, at the time and later.
    I am sick and tired of arguing the toss with some of the people on the cricket threads. Kids who know nothing about cricket, think the Ashes started in 2005, think that players cannot adapt their game and that T20 is the saviour of the cricket. So don't expect me to enter into any more ridiculous arguments with you, and you know who you are. I will be going nowhere though and will continue to talk sense about cricket.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2018
    Gawd give it a rest you lot this is cricket ,a game of fair play good manners and respect for your opponents ...you've all been drinking the cyber equivalent of 3 pints of Stella

You are all on report and the moderators will advise you on the appropriate punishment
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Tossa....... not you, lolwray !
    Had enough of the w@nker.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

lolwray said:

Gawd give it a rest you lot this is cricket ,a game of fair play good manners and respect for your opponents ...you've all been drinking the cyber equivalent of 3 pints of Stella

You are all on report and the moderators will advise you on the appropriate punishment

Guys, lolwray is head of the Kent and Kent Regional league disciplinary panels. He's not to be messed with and now he's involved I'd heed his advice.

(Not meant to be a dig of course, Mr Wray!)
    Reckon it's 2 weeks for @pres 2 weeks for @riv I 'll let @canters off with a polite warning as he gives out a few likes and of course hes a surrey man ...ok with that@paddy? I 've co opted you for your civilised behaviour
  • Options
    lolwray said:

PaddyP17 said:

lolwray said:

Guys, lolwray is head of the Kent and Kent Regional league disciplinary panels. He's not to be messed with and now he's involved I'd heed his advice.

Reckon it's 2 weeks for @pres 2 weeks for @riv I 'll let @canters off with a polite warning as he gives out a few likes and of course hes a surrey man ...ok with that@paddy? I 've co opted you for your civilised behaviour
    But at least Canters and I are Charlton fans - does that give us a bit of leniency ? :)
  • Options

lolwray said:

PaddyP17 said:

lolwray said:

But at least Canters and I are Charlton fans - does that give us a bit of leniency ? :)
    Both surrey fans ! Just 1 week for you @pres ...

Maybe we'll get some mitigation from@riv
  • Options
    ouch.
  • Options
    lolwray said:

lolwray said:

PaddyP17 said:

lolwray said:

Both surrey fans ! Just 1 week for you @pres ...

Maybe we'll get some mitigation from@riv
    How about I did nothing wrong? Like to hear any evidence to the contrary. Has anyone actually read my account of the events? I bet I've been to more CAFC games than that idiot.
  • Options
    lolwray said:

PaddyP17 said:

lolwray said:

Would've been happy with that until the latest comment and I suggest docking 20 points for Riv as well!

Canters deserves a first and final at the very least, but that's just because I fancy picking on him.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

lolwray said:

PaddyP17 said:

lolwray said:

Would've been happy with that until the latest comment and I suggest docking 20 points for Riv as well!

Canters deserves a first and final at the very least, but that's just because I fancy picking on him.
    Rude! I stayed out of this argument even if somehow i managed to start it a week ago.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

PaddyP17 said:

lolwray said:

PaddyP17 said:

lolwray said:

Rude! I stayed out of this argument even if somehow i managed to start it a week ago.
    You could always finish it by saying sorry for the unnecessary and unwarranted abuse you gave me.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Riviera said:

Now I've had a look at my recent posts again and do you know what? Yes I'm still owed apologies for abuse from two members. I think sadly I'm going to have to explain everything for the thickos on here.
    Someone posts about Moen Ali being racially abused in an Ashes Test. Someone says it was probably Warner. Then I say what the same David Warner who punched Root for being racist? For insulting Muslims in fact as he claimed. Now this is where I made a mistake. I should have added: How ironic would that be? Or: Oh the irony! Or even just a little:...as Alana Morrisette would say... But I didn't because irony is supposed to be subtle and should not need to be explained. I then get abuse for apparently making up things that were not reported at the time or subsequently. However as I have proved they were reported, at the time and later.
    I am sick and tired of arguing the toss with some of the people on the cricket threads. Kids who know nothing about cricket, think the Ashes started in 2005, think that players cannot adapt their game and that T20 is the saviour of the cricket. So don't expect me to enter into any more ridiculous arguments with you, and you know who you are. I will be going nowhere though and will continue to talk sense about cricket.

• Options
    edited September 2018
    Are any of you guys part of the Barmy Army?
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

I don't care much about middle class people watching men hit a ball about with a lump of willow.

No, I'm here from the Argument Alert...

This
    Me too. I don’t like cricket but when @riviera is on one... well it’s rude not to watch.

Oh FGS not you as well!
    Will someone please tell me how I am on one? I got a load of abuse from two posters on here and for no reason at all. I was accused of making up stuff which I didn’t and have proved as such. I made an ironic comment that went over peoples heads, I explained the comment clearly and precisely and backed up everything I said with facts and then got more abuse today.
    It’s a good job I’m chilled in Barbados!
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Riviera said:

• Options
    Riviera said:

Curb_It said:

I don't care much about middle class people watching men hit a ball about with a lump of willow.

This
    Me too. I don’t like cricket but when @riviera is on one... well it’s rude not to watch.

Oh FGS not you as well!
    Will someone please tell me how I am on one? I got a load of abuse from two posters on here and for no reason at all. I was accused of making up stuff which I didn’t and have proved as such. I made an ironic comment that went over peoples heads, I explained the comment clearly and precisely and backed up everything I said with facts and then got more abuse today.
    If this is you chilled I hate to think of you being angry...
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Curb_It said:

This

Oh FGS not you as well!
    What's the nightlife like out there then?
  • Options
    Leuth said: