Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2018/2019 Completed Transfers (NON CAFC RELATED)

Comments

• Won't be back up to Courtois for very long!
  • Jerome Sinclair has signed on loan for Sunderland

He could be a nuisance next week

only scored once in 19 varied league appearances .. let's keep it that way if he turns out

Pepe Reina rumoured to be replacing Courtois.
  • edited July 2018

Never heard of him.

PS- if you are putting link to article whats the point? you could have just put Rotherham have signed....
    so you've never heard of him .. the bbc article gives some background so that a don't know like you can get to know… .. you don't like the look of the post, don't read it .. or do you make the rules on here ?
    Its all about opinions bud, no offence intended. I just dont see why people say another signing.... then put a link rather than a quick who has actually signed. I followed it but once i saw the name didn't read the article

only scored once in 19 varied league appearances .. let's keep it that way if he turns out
    Yeah hope so, although hasnt played much or lower than the Championship before
  • edited July 2018

Won't be back up to Courtois for very long!

Shrewd from Chelsea.

Paying a reported 9m for 35 year old Reina who signed on a free for AC Milan 4 days ago.

Courtois was always likely to leave so why not move for Reina last week? Any danger of Sarri going after a player who wasn't with him at Napoli?
  • Never heard of him.

PS- if you are putting link to article whats the point? you could have just put Rotherham have signed....
    so you've never heard of him .. the bbc article gives some background so that a don't know like you can get to know… .. you don't like the look of the post, don't read it .. or do you make the rules on here ?
    Its all about opinions bud, no offence intended just dont see why people say another signing.... then put a link rather than a quick who has actually signed. I followed it but once i saw the name didn't read the article
    no, I take your point .. it would have been different if I'd mentioned the name etc .. but the player concerned played a big role in Lincoln's well d/publicised cup run last season and he's now been loaned out by quite a big club in Norwich to get higher grade experience .. personally, if I read of a player moving and I have not heard of him, I'll google etc to get the full s p .. anyway .. enjoy the season .. as a matter of interest, do you use the BBC transfer pages ? .. (gotta fly lol .. got London bound train to catch)
  • Sponsored links:

• 1st choice - Pepe Reina (35 years old)
    2nd choice - Willy Caballero (36)
    3rd choice - Robert Green (38)

Planning for the future.

shows that in most cases with keepers, there is no substitute for experience
  • Meanwhile they probably have 6 goalkeepers out on loan?

Nearly 22, and hardly ever played. If he had been at a lower club, he'd have 100 appearances by now and would probably be getting a move upwards
  • Yeah strangely did the sensible thing by getting out of Liverpool yet even then didnt get the chance to impress

Planning for the future.

Having just loaned Jamal Blackman out for a fifth season in a row who has not made a single senior appearance for Chelsea.

Planning for the future.

Having just loaned Jamal Blackman out for a fifth season in a row who has not made a single senior appearance for Chelsea.
    Exactly. No reason why he couldn't have been 3rd choice instead of signing Green

Planning for the future.

Exactly. No reason why he couldn't have been 3rd choice instead of signing Green
    Or first when they sell Courtois.
  • edited July 2018
    Sky are saying that Man Utd have made an approach for Harry Maguire

I know Joe Gomez is coming through yet Maguire would be the final piece of the puzzle for Liverpool
  • edited July 2018

Sky are saying that Man Utd have made an approach for Harry Maguire

I know Joe Gomez is coming through yet Maguire would be the final piece of the puzzle for Liverpool

He would be but Man United are crying out for a decent centre half. Smalling and Jones must be the luckiest players in the country,bang average yet playing for United,wtf?!
  • Sponsored links:

Shrewd from Chelsea.

Paying a reported 9m for 35 year old Reina who signed on a free for AC Milan 4 days ago.

Courtois was always likely to leave so why not move for Reina last week? Any danger of Sarri going after a player who wasn't with him at Napoli?
    Reina joined Milan ages ago. I remember the news being broke a couple of months ago and believe he only started training recently because of World Cup.

Shrewd from Chelsea.

Reina joined Milan ages ago. I remember the news being broke a couple of months ago and believe he only started training recently because of World Cup.
    Technically yes it was announced weeks back, but officially he only joined them from his holiday 4 days ago.

Either way, it's good business for Milan and it's dreadful for Chelsea.
  • Bayern Munich have signed Vancouver Whitecaps teenager Alphonso Davies for $13m (£9.84m) - a record fee paid for a Major League Soccer player.

The amount could rise to $22m (£16.66m) for the 17-year-old Canada international, who will join Bayern in January after the MLS season.

Shrewd from Chelsea.

Technically yes it was announced weeks back, but officially he only joined them from his holiday 4 days ago.

Either way, it's good business for Milan and it's dreadful for Chelsea.
    ah yeah completely agree. Surely they can do better than a 35 year old. Decent number 2 but no Number 1.
  • Kasey Palmer is set to join Blackburn on loan
  • Golovin to Monaco for around 30m
  • a major surprise to me .. Barry Douglas from Wolves to Leeds .. he was outstanding for them last season but perhaps is regarded as too 'unsophisticated' for the Prem

Scunthorpe sell their v good full back Conor Townsend to WBA .. then land a coup by borrowing Cameron Borthwick-Jackson from Man U .. Scunthorpe, who I reckon will still have a major shout in our division, have had to totally remodel their defence and midfield after major comings and goings .. it's a club that has the good habit of picking up good undersung talent and decent loans

• Scunthorpe sell their v good full back Conor Townsend to WBA .. then land a coup by borrowing Cameron Borthwick-Jackson from Man U .. Scunthorpe, who I reckon will still have a major shout in our division, have had to totally remodel their defence and midfield after major comings and goings .. it's a club that has the good habit of picking up good undersung talent and decent loans

It's the nature of L1 that the best players tend to move on, it's not just us. Peterborough always seem to have a large turnover of players every summer.

Getting replacements in the key to success. Surprised Borthwick-Jackson has dropped down to L1, either that's a real coup or it's a young player finding his real level.
  • Think someone already mentioned it but Conor Townsend to WBA. Very good signing imo and someone who the optimist in me was hoping we would sign if we were taken over.

Was one of Scunthorpe's many impressive players last season with a cracking left foot on him. WBA seem good value to me along with Boro to win the champ next season
  • Think someone already mentioned it but Conor Townsend to WBA. Very good signing imo and someone who the optimist in me was hoping we would sign if we were taken over.

Was one of Scunthorpe's many impressive players last season with a cracking left foot on him. WBA seem good value to me along with Boro to win the champ next season

All 3 relegated teams ought to be up there, with the parachute money. West Brom finished the season really well so may have some momentum from that