Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Tunisia

Comments

• Options
    cafc4life said:

Thought Maguire was excellent

Much better in the second.
  • Options

Do Rashford and Loftus-Cheek start next game?

I'd start em, not a fan of Stering at international level meself
  • Options

Do Rashford and Loftus-Cheek start next game?

Tough call. They had a great impact when they came on but maybe that's where both players are most effective.

Alli and Sterling were on the pitch for the opening 10-15 minutes where England were carving the Tunisians open at will.

Sterling did miss a couple of chances though so I can see the argument for starting Rashford over him. I do not think Rashford would've missed the early opportunities that were squandered.
  • Options
    Encouraging that we stuck to our guns and continued to play football.
    Every other England side I've watched in my 30 odd years would have been continually pumping big high balls into the box for at least those last 20 minutes.
    Fair play.
  • Options
    Never mind all this. Love island is on!
  • Options
    I’m with NLA, Rio Ferdinand does talk sense.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Same old England

Silly old fool
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He is the best pundit out there
  • Options
    Player ratings for me:
    Pickford - 6: Unlucky on pen, literally nothing else to do
    Trippier - 8: Bit more pace the lad would be incredible
    Walker-6: Seen better
    Stones- 7: No blunders, solid
    Maguire- 7: Poor start, bags of potential and finished very well
    Young- 5: doesn’t suit the system, would try Rose
    Henderson- 7: Actually looked like a very good CDM
    Alli- 5: Started well, faded horribly
    Sterling - 4: How this lad has the confidence to reject a contract offer from city I’ll never know
    Lingard- 6: Poor finishing but movement is top notch, stays in the 11 for me
    Kane- 7: Top 2 finisher in the world right now, not always in it but with service he’s world class
  • Options
    If we're doing player ratings...

Pickford 6
    Trippier 8
    Walker 5
    Stones 7.5
    Maguire 8.5
    Young 5.5
    Henderson 8
    Alli 6.5
    Sterling 5.5
    Lingard 7
    Kane 9

Rashford 8
    RLC 8
  • Options

He is the best pundit out there
    I think Aluko has been very good but I like Rio too. Quality player too.
  • Options
    Pickford
    Trippier
    Walker
    Maguire
    Stones
    Rose
    Henderson
    Lingard
    Alli
    Rashford
    Kane

For me..... but think cos we won he will leave it unchanged.

Loftus Cheek waiting in the wings behind Lingard or Alli.

Cahill / Dier the two options to bring on if we need to close up shop
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Every other England side I've watched in my 30 odd years would have been continually pumping big high balls into the box for at least those last 20 minutes.
    Fair play.

I agree with the point about long balls but that was a typical abject England performance excellent up to when we score and then the life gets sucked out of the team

We made great chances before we scored and in the first half we created a few more clear cut ones but after twenty odd mins we just stop playing and we play shite balls in shite areas and we do it slowly

When we score I ain’t saying go hell for leather and get caught but we become scared and we lose momentum and impetus every single time
  • Options
    No Tunisian player received a yellow card.
  • Options

A comfortable win if not a convincing one would be great for confidence.

That went well.
  • Options
    Look at all that blue. Utter domination. Three points deserved.
  • Options

Fair play.

I agree with the point about long balls but that was a typical abject England performance excellent up to when we score and then the life gets sucked out of the team

We made great chances before we scored and in the first half we created a few more clear cut ones but after twenty odd mins we just stop playing and we play shite balls in shite areas and we do it slowly

When we score I ain’t saying go hell for leather and get caught but we become scared and we lose momentum and impetus every single time
    Agree completely. Even when we got the winner I felt we could still quite easily concede as we don’t know what to do when we’re infront.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Conceding the penalty was the momentum shifter. Anyone can play when you're in front but the acid test comes when you have to pick yourselves back up and we struggled to do that until the subs gave us a lift and Captain Marvel nicked the winner. Hopefully lessons learnt and we go again but next time more composure in front of goal and take the chances. Cmon England!
  • Options
    edited June 2018

A comfortable win if not a convincing one would be great for confidence.

That went well.
    It might work in our favour that it wasn't comfortable.

Now we know we can score a late goal when we need one.

If we're a goal down in the last 16 against Colombia, will our heads drop? No, because we've done it before and know that we can do it again.