Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Tunisia

Comments

• Options
    And that’s why I’d always take a WC win over a massive domestic trophy. Look at that, class.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

W

Belgium Tunisia is the day before our game so we will know what we need from Panama.

We need to win every game to ensure we take on a second best side.
    You know winning every game doesn’t ensure that right?
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Trippier MOTM by a country mile.

Kane. There are no words.

Best 22 opening minutes of any tournament I can remember for England, shame about the rest. Good that we're creating chances. Alli
    takes the chances Lingard fluffs in the same positions.

Alli started well but should have gone off earlier.

Would love to see Rose on the left flank to stretch the opposing defence. How many bloody times does Young check back on to his right foot? frustrating.

Best game Henderson has had in an Enland shirt by a mile.

You lol’d my Henderson comments before. He’s an important player for us
  • Options

Belgium Tunisia is the day before our game so we will know what we need from Panama.

If the win against Tunisia Guarantee it that our game against Panama won't be more than 2-0 so we can decide if we want to stay in 2nd or go for 1st place in the group.
    Wishful thinking I know.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Woeful but we won...years ago the premier league was supposed to be set up to enhance our chances in these competitions. ..try telling those two man utd pratts playing up front....Pathetic..we are going backwards...club before country.

Sterling plays for Citeh though Chippy :wink:
    And rash and lind doo too hey
  • Options
    After everyone has played 2 matches we'll have a better idea who we're likely to be playing in a round of 16 match and further on.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Laddick01 said:

Rashford better not be fit or Gareth is making a poor decision here

I'd get Rashforf on in place of Kane. Need someone with work rate.
    ...and some fell on fallow land.
  • Options
    edited June 2018

If the win against Tunisia Guarantee it that our game against Panama won't be more than 2-0 so we can decide if we want to stay in 2nd or go for 1st place in the group.
    Wishful thinking I know.
    It's something we have to start thinking about.

Do we want to win the group and be in the same half of the draw as France, Brazil, Germany and Portugal?

Or would it be better to aim for 2nd and end up in the other half with Spain and Argentina (who we cannot possibly meet until the semi final anyway)?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

RedChaser said:

Woeful but we won...years ago the premier league was supposed to be set up to enhance our chances in these competitions. ..try telling those two man utd pratts playing up front....Pathetic..we are going backwards...club before country.

Lingard's finishing let him down but Rashford was a game changer when he came on and should start the next game.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

W

We need to win every game to ensure we take on a second best side.
    But then after that it could be a potential QF against Brazil/Germany? Would you rather take 2nd and face the winner of Group H but then potentially play Mexico/Serbia/Switzerland in the quarter final?
    That's looking further into it than I had lol why plan for quarter finals before round of 16?
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

Lingard's finishing let him down but Rashford was a game changer when he came on and should start the next game.
    Hope you are right.
  • Options

I thought the rule was all kick off at the same time to avoid teams playing for results etc
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Absolutely buzzing. Weren’t at our best but wore them down and it’s above what other top teams have done. Players must be sky high.

Yeah - England kept their composure and kept playing their game for 90 minutes. It was a good performance and got a just reward
    See what an England win can do, we agree about something!
  • Options
    cabbles said:

I thought the rule was all kick off at the same time to avoid teams playing for results etc
    Yes. That's the last game though.
  • Options
    Talal said:

I don't care how well Sterling plays for City, he just doesn't ever do it for England.

Amazing how shit you can look without De Bruyne and Hazard alongside you
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafc4life said:

Thought Maguire was excellent

So did I, he was excellent. Yet some on here or at least one said he was poor.
  • Options

Daggs said:

Absolute tripe by a bunch if effeminate snowflakes who have no idea what it means to represent England in the World Cup.
    It will take a near miracle for us to proceed from the group.

Bobby Moore, Ray Wilson, Nobby Stiles, Geoff Hurst etc. Would be embarrassed by the performance of this bunch of posers. They are more suited to the girls' grammar 1st eleven along with their manager.

Harry Kane is exempt from any of my comments.

In 66 England drew their 1st match.
    And went on to win the World Cup. How do you think this lot will do?
  • Options

cabbles said:

Yes. That's the last game though.
    D’oh, so it is
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Daggs said:

Absolute tripe by a bunch if effeminate snowflakes who have no idea what it means to represent England in the World Cup.
    It will take a near miracle for us to proceed from the group.

Bobby Moore, Ray Wilson, Nobby Stiles, Geoff Hurst etc. Would be embarrassed by the performance of this bunch of posers. They are more suited to the girls' grammar 1st eleven along with their manager.

Harry Kane is exempt from any of my comments.

In 66 England drew their 1st match.
    They did 0-0 v Uruguay before beating Mexico and France both 2-0 to win their group and face Argentina in the QFs only 16 teams in those days.
  • Options
    In slightly more controversial news, I think we should stick with Sterling. He makes things happen and his movement is excellent, even if his touch is often errant
  • Options
    Lingard, sterling both shit and so weak on the ball
  • Options

cafc4life said:

Thought Maguire was excellent

So did I, he was excellent. Yet some on here or at least one said he was poor.
    He was good overall but did make a couple of errors first half that could've been costly.
  • Options

JohnBoyUK said:

Trippier MOTM by a country mile.

Kane. There are no words.

Best 22 opening minutes of any tournament I can remember for England, shame about the rest. Good that we're creating chances. Alli
    takes the chances Lingard fluffs in the same positions.

Alli started well but should have gone off earlier.

Would love to see Rose on the left flank to stretch the opposing defence. How many bloody times does Young check back on to his right foot? frustrating.

Best game Henderson has had in an Enland shirt by a mile.

You lol’d my Henderson comments before. He’s an important player for us
    If I was picking the team, Dier starts in the middle, simple. Good luck to Henderson who has been given a chance and has taken it with both hands.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

In slightly more controversial news, I think we should stick with Sterling. He makes things happen and his movement is excellent, even if his touch is often errant

I'd like to know what these things are.