Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England V Panama- 1PM Kick off

Comments

• Options
    Would like us to play a proper line up against Belgium just to test the back line. We've conceded two really soft goals and we could have been behind at the start today if not for Panama being bloody awful. Wouldn't hurt to get a real test off Hazard and Lukaku to show the players what they'll be facing further down the line
  • Options

Would like us to play a proper line up against Belgium just to test the back line. We've conceded two really soft goals and we could have been behind at the start today if not for Panama being bloody awful. Wouldn't hurt to get a real test off Hazard and Lukaku to show the players what they'll be facing further down the line

you're assuming Hazard and Lukaku are starting... Martinez has already said he will rest players so who knows? (although you would imagine Lukaku might have something to say about that with the golden boot race)
  • Options
    Mustn't dick about. Play the starters against Belgium. None of the subs (apart from Loftus Cheek) has really forced themselves into contention in game time.
  • Options
    Would like to see either Rashford or Vardy start before Sterling.
  • Options

I love Southgate. Doesn’t just say what people wanna hear. We won 6-1 and the first thing he done was say he wasn’t happy with the start or the goal. Even if we don’t progress far in this tournament he should be able to build and mature as England manager.

Agree with him, no point in getting carried away....just yet.
  • Options

I love Southgate. Doesn’t just say what people wanna hear. We won 6-1 and the first thing he done was say he wasn’t happy with the start or the goal. Even if we don’t progress far in this tournament he should be able to build and mature as England manager.

100 % this.
    He has pretty much got a young squad that will improve over the next few years and Southgate has earned the right to be the manager.
  • Options
    Sterling heads gone for me.
    He doesn't look anywhere near the player we need him to be.
    Its a shame, but when it's happened in the past it's taken him months to turn it around not a couple of games. I don't see it being any different here.
  • Options

you're assuming Hazard and Lukaku are starting... Martinez has already said he will rest players so who knows? (although you would imagine Lukaku might have something to say about that with the golden boot race)
    They definitely won’t start
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The amount of people moaning when he took over, I said it then and will say it now he was and is the perfect choice
    Said the same. Shrewd appointment and lives and breathes what the FA is trying to create from youth level up.
  • Options
    Did Sterling do anything positive all game? I think he's got to be dropped.
  • Options
    iainment said:

Mustn't dick about. Play the starters against Belgium. None of the subs (apart from Loftus Cheek) has really forced themselves into contention in game time.

Southgate will get crucified if he plays Kane in a meaningless game and he gets injured. Also in the back of his mind could be if Belgium play a reserve side and still beat us. So i think he'll make changes. Martinez has already said he'll make a number of changes.

Kane, Lingard, Henderson, Stones, Trippier (injury) and Young would be the ones i'd change. Vardy, Rashford, Dier, Cahill, Alexander-Arnold and Rose are all very capable replacements.

Great win although Panama were absolutely pathetic.
  • Options

Did Sterling do anything positive all game? I think he's got to be dropped.

Assist for the fourth goal :smiley:
  • Options

Both Lukaku and Kane were taken off early. Both major Golden Boot contenders

Lukaku lost at least 4 good chances after being taken off.
  • Options
    In general we played well against a very poor side. We play as a team which is what the best sides do. I do think our defence is weak and we will struggle against the top sides. But we are in form and confident. That gives hope.
  • Options

Both Lukaku and Kane were taken off early. Both major Golden Boot contenders

Lukaku lost at least 4 good chances after being taken off.
    Pretty sure he was taken off because he had an injury, Martinez has said he's a major doubt for thursday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The paradox for me is Sterling is great at getting in goal scoring positions but
    1550 minutes without a goal for England
    Missed his last 40 chances for England
    His first touch has disappeared.

The boy doesn't hide and he's good to his mum but it's getting embarrassing if he get ahead of Ali, Rashford Welbeck or any outfield player.

2 goals from 40 matches and so many misses.

Not playing Rashford when he has looked so confident in his last 2 games is strange.

Sorry if this is churlish after a great win but you can't have passengers if you want to go deep into a tournament.

Henderson and Trippier are having a great tournament and Henderson is not only the workhorse of this team but unlucky with a couple of great shots and a superb freekick off the training ground.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Dunno what happenes look like ref blew his whistle, if he did we got lucky.

Rules state if all 10 outfield players are off the pitch celebrating they can take sent
  • Options

iainment said:

Southgate will get crucified if he plays Kane in a meaningless game and he gets injured. Also in the back of his mind could be if Belgium play a reserve side and still beat us. So i think he'll make changes. Martinez has already said he'll make a number of changes.

Kane, Lingard, Henderson, Stones, Trippier (injury) and Young would be the ones i'd change. Vardy, Rashford, Dier, Cahill, Alexander-Arnold and Rose are all very capable replacements.

Great win although Panama were absolutely pathetic.
    It's getting the balance right between continuity and keeping the team fresh. Once the knockout rounds start, with the potential for extra time, freshness will be an issue.
  • Options

Would like to see either Rashford or Vardy start before Sterling.

This. Impact sub at best. Failed at too many tournaments.
  • Options
    edited June 2018

The amount of people moaning when he took over, I said it then and will say it now he was and is the perfect choice
    Said the same. Shrewd appointment and lives and breathes what the FA is trying to create from youth level up.
    But his ex Palace..LOL. In the old days he would have been described as a yes man a bit like Ron Greenwood, Cloughie would never of got the England job (not a yes man). However for what it's worth I did think at the time it was a good appointment as he knows the youth, u21 & u23 system and has built a young squad that will get better. Worth bearing in mind that Roy Hodgeson did start that process (going for a younger looking squad).
  • Options

Dunno what happenes look like ref blew his whistle, if he did we got lucky.

Rules state if all 10 outfield players are off the pitch celebrating they can take sent
    I'm glad Panama got utterly spanked. What a scummy team.
  • Options

Difficult conditions and against a side that just wanted to boot us. We won 6-1 with a hattrick from our star man. Great result and job done.

Imposed ourselves and won comfortably, shame about the late goal but the game was over by then.

Stiffer tests to come but that is good, the team needs to test itself to be ready for the next euros and next world cup.