Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England V Panama- 1PM Kick off

Comments

• Options

iainment said:

Mustn't dick about. Play the starters against Belgium. None of the subs (apart from Loftus Cheek) has really forced themselves into contention in game time.

Southgate will get crucified if he plays Kane in a meaningless game and he gets injured. Also in the back of his mind could be if Belgium play a reserve side and still beat us. So i think he'll make changes. Martinez has already said he'll make a number of changes.

Kane, Lingard, Henderson, Stones, Trippier (injury) and Young would be the ones i'd change. Vardy, Rashford, Dier, Cahill, Alexander-Arnold and Rose are all very capable replacements.

Great win although Panama were absolutely pathetic.
    It's getting the balance right between continuity and keeping the team fresh. Once the knockout rounds start, with the potential for extra time, freshness will be an issue.
    Yes but we play Belgium on thursday night, then our next game is either Monday or Tuesday night. That's not a lot of rest (especially if we play Monday) so he'll definitely rest players.
  • Options

Dunno what happenes look like ref blew his whistle, if he did we got lucky.

Rules state if all 10 outfield players are off the pitch celebrating they can take sent
    Not true.

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/fifa-rules-debunk-theory-kieran-trippier-not-joining-celebrations-kanes-winner-164477
  • Options
    Missed the game as was on a flight but was delighted to see the result. Kane a real candidate for Golden Boot now. Actually starting to believe it could be our year now...
  • Options
    Carter said:

I don't know about anyone else but when have we ever had a world cup game as easy as that?

Panama were a disgrace to themselves, not because they didn't make it 6 all but just the way they went about things having done the hard bit of qualifying

For me you don't make changes for the Belgium game, you put a side out to beat them and win the group and worry about the next gane when it comes round.

I said to my Mrs that if they put as much effort into playing the game, as they did fouling and cheating and moaning at the ref, they coulda made a game of it.

I spose the flip side of that though is how well the England team handled it...
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Rules state if all 10 outfield players are off the pitch celebrating they can take sent
    Not true.

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/fifa-rules-debunk-theory-kieran-trippier-not-joining-celebrations-kanes-winner-164477
    Think the players know better,
    Trippier refused to celebrate.

Earlier in the World Cup when Ronaldo scored his free kick to make it 3-3 all portugual player ran off pitch and just before Fonte crossed the line Pepe stopped him and u saw him point out the lines.

Add to that Panama players tried to play on, not sure if its a rule just for the World Cup but think it may be a actual new rule(players seem to think so anyway)
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Wasnt there an incident in the Championship a few years ago where a team scored a goal and then ran back up the pitch to celebrate in front of their own fans

Of course because it meant all the players were in their own half it meant the opposition were allowed to kick off and instantly scored themselves because of that reason.

Different case to what the link meant yet shows what the rules allow and what dont
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Just looked online and apparently play was stopped because Panama passed forward from sent not backwards,all England players were off pitch and if they passed it backwards they could have played on
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Not true.

Think the players know better,
    Trippier refused to celebrate.

Earlier in the World Cup when Ronaldo scored his free kick to make it 3-3 all portugual player ran off pitch and just before Fonte crossed the line Pepe stopped him and u saw him point out the lines.

Add to that Panama players tried to play on, not sure if its a rule just for the World Cup but think it may be a actual new rule(players seem to think so anyway)
    Whether it's the rules or not, if you're sportsmen you wait for the opposition to come back on the field of play. It like selling a house tapping out the 2nd batsman as he starts his run in the cricket - in the rules but just a wanky thing to do imo
  • Options
    Think i'll wait for our resident ref @PeterGage thoughts on this one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Think i'll wait for our resident ref @PeterGage thoughts on this one.

Happy to be corrected but with Trippier and Pepe both stopping themselves or another player leaving the field to celebrate and Panama trying to score today they seem to think there is a rule
  • Options
    No way would a referee allow a team to kick off while a team was still celebrating, every team celebrates a WC goal together
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjVAZskU4Tw

skip to around 25-30 seconds into this video for a description of the law around kick off - all players have to be in the other half of the pitch. Law 8.
  • Options
    Someone makes up bollocks on Internet and others believe it without question shock!
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

Someone makes up bollocks on Internet and others believe it without question shock!

As stated before
    Pepe
    Trippier and Panama all think its a rule so maybe there is 1
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Just looked online and apparently play was stopped because Panama passed forward from sent not backwards,all England players were off pitch and if they passed it backwards they could have played on

Can't you pass in any direction now? Or am I missing something?
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Can't you pass in any direction now?
    Yeah that's law 8 again - a goal can be scored directly from kick off - example;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XCBq8W-OsI
  • Options

Not true.

I don't know what's correct but that's not a great source as the rules quoted in that piece are clearly wrong/out of date

'all players must be in their own half of the field of play'. not true, the player taking the kick doesn't

'the ball is in play when it is kicked and moves forward'. the ball hasn't had to be played forward for a while now
  • Options
    If a goal is ever allowed when a team scores it while the other team is celebrating, I will never watch a football game again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    rina said:

Not true.

I don't know what's correct but that's not a great source as the rules quoted in that piece are clearly wrong/out of date

'all players must be in their own half of the field of play'. not true, the player taking the kick doesn't

'the ball is in play when it is kicked and moves forward'. the ball hasn't had to be played forward for a while now

Heres a better source;

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-8---the-start-and-restart-of-play

"all players, except the player taking the kick off, must be in their own half of the field of play"

• Options

They are all on their side of the pitch aren't they....?
  • Options
    I saw that going round on twitter that if all the players leave the pitch to celebrate the other team can kick off. Video examples of Trippier, Pepe and others were included. The law was confirmed as incorrect by a number of sources including quotes and links to the fa website.

Just one of those things on social media where enough people share it that it seems believable. I'm sure there are plenty of videos disproving it too but a couple of videos posted with the "rule" make it look legit.
  • Options

Yep. But while one team was celebrating the other kicked off. Legal but not very sporting.
    The celebrating side was still celebrating at the end of the game though as the won 2- 1
  • Options

Yep. But while one team was celebrating the other kicked off. Legal but not very sporting.
    The celebrating side was still celebrating at the end of the game though as the won 2- 1
    Yeah fair enough but in your example the rules were followed- technically - in the Panama and Spain ones they would not be able to do that as all of the players were on the other side of the pitch.
  • Options

DRAddick said:

As stated before
    Pepe
    Trippier and Panama all think its a rule so maybe there is 1
    No there isn't. How does anyone actually know what those people were thinking or doing, not as if they've publicly said anything.
    It's not as if it's even difficult to confirm. All people have to do is check the official laws on an official site. But no, people much prefer to get their info from some random know nothing on twitter.
  • Options

That's absolute bollocks, the ball can go forwards or backwards from kick off, it doesn't matter.