Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England V Panama- 1PM Kick off

Comments

• Options

Just looked online and apparently play was stopped because Panama passed forward from sent not backwards,all England players were off pitch and if they passed it backwards they could have played on

That's absolute bollocks, the ball can go forwards or backwards from kick off, it doesn't matter.
    He’s already been told that it’s a myth but won’t believe it. Like pissing in the wind.
  • Options

Just looked online and apparently play was stopped because Panama passed forward from sent not backwards,all England players were off pitch and if they passed it backwards they could have played on

That's absolute bollocks, the ball can go forwards or backwards from kick off, it doesn't matter.
    He’s already been told that it’s a myth but won’t believe it. Like pissing in the wind.
    Maybe read back, i said if i am wrong then fair enough, just wondered why Pepe made sure Fonte stayed on tbe pitch and why Trippier did as well, call it curiosity
  • Options

Love the fact Pope has made sure he is at the front next to Kane

Pope looks a bit awkward in that photo
  • Options

step away from the internet
  • Options
    Well if you aint gonna play Popey you might as well do something...
  • Options

They are all on their side of the pitch aren't they....?
    Yep. But while one team was celebrating the other kicked off. Legal but not very sporting.
    The celebrating side was still celebrating at the end of the game though as the won 2- 1
    But that was against Celtic, so obviously don't count. Well done for scouring the internet to make your point though
  • Options

Strange that between them both those photos have a few players missing. Where's Sterling for example?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Taking the photo...
  • Options

Strange that between them both those photos have a few players missing. Where's Sterling for example?
    He goes missing for long periods
  • Options
    What a strange game, sounds weird but I didn’t think England played particularly well, we simply scored six goals and I know how stupid that sounds.

Thought we were better vs Tunisia the other night to be honest and Panama were so bad defensively that it’s hard to take too much out of the result.

Great to be through of course but there will be much sterner tests ahead.
  • Options

DRAddick said:

Someone makes up bollocks on Internet and others believe it without question shock!

As stated before
    Pepe
    Trippier and Panama all think its a rule so maybe there is 1
    Because that's how laws work isn't it. Rules don't exist because enough people believe in them, you're confusing them with pantomime wishes. It's not a rule. Stop believing things off Twitter.
  • Options

But more importantly can only do so after the ref blows his whistle to restart the game.....Which he didn't.
  • Options

DRAddick said:

Someone makes up bollocks on Internet and others believe it without question shock!

As stated before
    Pepe
    Because that's how laws work isn't it. Rules don't exist because enough people believe in them, you're confusing them with pantomime wishes. It's not a rule. Stop believing things off Twitter.
    For the last time, rather than picking 1 post read the whole thread,i am getting frustrated at repeating this point.

I am not beliving anything i am curious as to why Pepe, Trippier and Panama all thought the same thing
  • Options

Love the fact Pope has made sure he is at the front next to Kane

Pope looks a bit awkward in that photo
    Cahill looks like his head has been photoshopped on
  • Options

DRAddick said:

As stated before
    Pepe
    For the last time, rather than picking 1 post read the whole thread,i am getting frustrated at repeating this point.

I am not beliving anything i am curious as to why Pepe, Trippier and Panama all thought the same thing
    Sorry Paulie mate, don't want to pick you out more but that isn't true. You're first post on the subject wasn't questioning the law, it was making a statement of fact about it........
    "Dunno what happened look like ref blew his whistle, if he did we got lucky.

Rules state if all 10 outfield players are off the pitch celebrating they can take sent
    " .

When pointed out its not true you went onto "well the players must think it's true"
    Your next post even starts with Just looked online....... and apparently play was stopped because Panama passed forward from sent not backwards,all England players were off pitch and if they passed it backwards they could have played on" had to be pointed out to you that you can now pass the ball in any direction from kickoff, so that's clearly wrong too.

I appreciate you love to get involved in the conversations, and of course that great. But you need to adjust how you obtain, check and relay "facts" from the internet. (As do most people to be fair). Of course you don't have to do anything you don't want to so feel free to carry on. Just don't wonder why people will seemingly be constantly contradicting you and sniping.
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

DRAddick said:

As stated before
    Pepe

Sorry Paulie mate, don't want to pick you out more but that isn't true. You're first post on the subject wasn't questioning the law, it was making a statement of fact about it........
    "Dunno what happened look like ref blew his whistle, if he did we got lucky.

Rules state if all 10 outfield players are off the pitch celebrating they can take sent
    " .

When pointed out its not true you went onto "well the players must think it's true"
    Your next post even starts with Just looked online....... and apparently play was stopped because Panama passed forward from sent not backwards,all England players were off pitch and if they passed it backwards they could have played on" had to be pointed out to you that you can now pass the ball in any direction from kickoff, so that's clearly wrong too.

I appreciate you love to get involved in the conversations, and of course that great. But you need to adjust how you obtain, check and relay "facts" from the internet. (As do most people to be fair). Of course you don't have to do anything you don't want to so feel free to carry on. Just don't wonder why people will seemingly be constantly contradicting you and sniping.

I also said i am happy to be proved wrong and then said I was wrong my next 3 posts then said I am just curious as to why Pepe, Trippier and Panama all thought the same but yet people still said I was disagreeing when i wasnt like I said yoi clearly see Pepe tell Fonte to stay behind the line, so just curious
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You're only guessing that that was the reason they stayed on the pitch and even if so, it sounds like they've been duped on the rules like you and many others have online.

Weirdest fake football rule/rumour I've come across.
  • Options
    When you win 6-1 you played well, even if Panama were a bit non-league at times. Sterling did get an assist, but, and I say this as someone who does not watch a ton of premier league football, remains in the category of supposedly top players I've never seen play well. So often attacks seem to break down when he gets involved and his finishing is just not good enough to justify playing through the middle as part of a quasi front two. The treatment he's had has been really shit so I was really hoping he was going to have a strong tournament but he's failed to carry much threat against the weaker two teams. Maybe the wide open spaces in the Belgian defence might suit him better, but the same could be said for Rashford or Vardy.

We do look a bit vulnerable to the high press too when we're passing along the back three. I think there is work to be done getting the midfield and wing backs to offer more options for receiving passes from the centre backs.

However, we've already seen probably England's best showing at a major finals fir at least 10 years so we can be pretty happy overall. Us and Belgium have similar strengths and weaknesses. Their team looks better on paper, but they're definitely beatable. I don't think we should fear them.
  • Options
    Part of the problem with the defensive possession is that Young always turns back inside, and gives the ball to Maguire, so we have no outlet on the left to move the ball through.

Was hoping Danny Rose wound come on and impress, but he was sloppy in possession and didn't really add much.

Also Kyle Walker is careless in possession, and needs to improve his concentration. You can take the piss against Panama, but against the French, Spainish and Krauts - not so much, and they won't be so easy to manipulate at set pieces either.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    DRAddick said:

Great victory! Congratulations England! Absolutely love the second goal by Stones. Fantastic teamwork. Well done.

Seriously Jessie, just move over here and become a full time Charlton and England fan :smile:
    You have no idea how many times I've thought dreamed about that over the years :lol: Apart from football (a big part of my life) I have other hobbies and many of them are Britain related. I have a long list of British bands I wish to see live. I also like musicals. If I got to move to England I wouldn't be worrying about being single, not being able to find a boyfriend at 31 and stuff like that! :joy: I'd have plenty things to enjoy, great activities to take part in and meet lots of people with similar hobbies/interests...
  • Options

What a strange game, sounds weird but I didn’t think England played particularly well, we simply scored six goals and I know how stupid that sounds.

Thought we were better vs Tunisia the other night to be honest and Panama were so bad defensively that it’s hard to take too much out of the result.

Great to be through of course but there will be much sterner tests ahead.

The first 15-20 mins v Tunisia were better, but we struggled after that, really looking forward to seeing the Belgian game.
  • Options
    The hysteria over England is plain embarrassing - have to reserve any judgement until we've played Belgium.
  • Options

iainment said:

Mustn't dick about. Play the starters against Belgium. None of the subs (apart from Loftus Cheek) has really forced themselves into contention in game time.

Southgate will get crucified if he plays Kane in a meaningless game and he gets injured. Also in the back of his mind could be if Belgium play a reserve side and still beat us. So i think he'll make changes. Martinez has already said he'll make a number of changes.

Kane, Lingard, Henderson, Stones, Trippier (injury) and Young would be the ones i'd change. Vardy, Rashford, Dier, Cahill, Alexander-Arnold and Rose are all very capable replacements.

Great win although Panama were absolutely pathetic.
    This - all day long.

Listening to Steven Gerrard the other day, and he was saying that apart of the problem England have had before, is that we always tend to play our 'Best XI', as we need the points, so therefore come the knockout games we are knackered, and lack energy.

It would be madness to play our bext XI against the Belgium's, when we have so many players who could come in for that game and do a good job.

Arnold for Trippier
    Cahill for Maguire
    Rose for Young
    Ali for Lingaard
    Dier for Henderson
    Rashford for Sterling
    Vardy for Kane

Martinez has already said that he is going to do the same, as he is fully aware (as I am sure Southgate is), that this is going to be a phoney war - the real battles begin in the last 16, where Colombia, Japan and Senegal will all be tough and skilful customers.

Don't waste your gunpowder on friendly fire.
    We may also want to protect the players on yellow cards, Walker and RLC

I suppose the flip side is that as this is a low pressure game, the players won't have to bust a gut, straining for a win to qualify, so will use far less energy.

Looking at the squad, I'd forgotten Welbeck was there. It would be nice to give him a run out, but he doesn't really suit the 352 system, he seems far better suited to 433. Indeed, most of our attackers (Sterling, Welbeck, Rashford) seem to play mainly as the wide strikers in a 433 at their clubs, Vardy is the only person used to 2 up front.