Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Options
    There is somebody else with a very strong financial interest in him not getting injured, and scuppering a big money move.

His agent.

Cue the usual suspects giving me shit for being "obsessed". Save your thumbs lads. Instead remember when we suddenly were introduced to Bonne's agent in November. He was so thick and so far down the agent food chain that he broke the first agent rule: stay out of the public gaze. But he did us a favour and lifted a window on how these lowlife think.
    I would think Taylor’s big personality and outlook on life would overrule his agent. 
    Whether the buying club have put in a clause that prohibits him playing is another matter. 
  • Options
    There is somebody else with a very strong financial interest in him not getting injured, and scuppering a big money move.

His agent.

Cue the usual suspects giving me shit for being "obsessed". Save your thumbs lads. Instead remember when we suddenly were introduced to Bonne's agent in November. He was so thick and so far down the agent food chain that he broke the first agent rule: stay out of the public gaze. But he did us a favour and lifted a window on how these lowlife think.
    Couldn’t agree more . 
  • Options
    Football has showed itself to be farcical in its restart project. Premier league have started it with plucking a date out of the air to ensure TV revenue is received which has filtered down to the EFL. The main word used by any employees during the whole pandemic is "welfare" yet footballers due to higher salaries than the general public seem to be instructed to go and play and entertain. With 2nd waves in the UK still to hit, I am not surprised of any footballer refusing to play to protect future earnings or current health.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

His agent.

I would think Taylor’s big personality and outlook on life would overrule his agent. 
    Whether the buying club have put in a clause that prohibits him playing is another matter. 
    A third party cannot unilaterally change an express term in an existing contract between the player and his current club. That express term being the requirement to play if selected (and no other factors such as injury to affect that).
    They may well have had a word in his ear, but if that were the case you would expect all 'Bosman' cases to result in the player out of contract in the summer going walkabout in the last couple of months - and that doesn't happen.

• Options
    Play the last few games and Lyle will forever be a Charlton legend, refuse to play then as far as I am concerned he will just become another ex Charlton player. 
  • Options

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Play the last few games and Lyle will forever be a Charlton legend, refuse to play then as far as I am concerned he will just become another ex Charlton player. 
    What if he plays the last few games, gets a long term injury and we get relegated anyway?

He's fucked his new deal, we're back in league one and he'd just be remembered as the bloke who took a slow run up for penalties.
  • Options
    If their form is as bad as it was he probably only needs to play v Hull get us a win, out of the bottom 3 and job done.
  • Options
    Disappointed with his decision more than anything to be honest.

He would have got a round of applause from me when he returned to The Valley playing for another side.

Now I'll just boo him on his first touch and I'll then forget he's on the pitch and carry on supporting those players who are playing for Charlton.

He'll just be yet another footballer who my missus will get pissed off with when I say "ex Charlton" whenever they appear on TV.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
  • Options
    He’s been a great player for us and I don’t begrudge him moving on after the two offers he’s been given by us. I would have liked him to play out the season but get it.

How many of us would risk a big payday when the option to not work (and still be paid) is on the table?
  • Options
    Football has showed itself to be farcical in its restart project. Premier league have started it with plucking a date out of the air to ensure TV revenue is received which has filtered down to the EFL. The main word used by any employees during the whole pandemic is "welfare" yet footballers due to higher salaries than the general public seem to be instructed to go and play and entertain. With 2nd waves in the UK still to hit, I am not surprised of any footballer refusing to play to protect future earnings or current health.
    If several clubs go bankrupt due to having to pay back TV revenue, many of those same players will find themselves far worse off
  • Options
    Let’s face it a journeyman player until he came to us. This is all that is wrong with professional footballers. Cancel his contract and fcuk off.
  • Options

Bowyer explained the absence of Taylor, Solly and Davis. He said: “I asked all the players who was willing to play the remainder of the nine games. Obviously there are quite a few out of contract on June 30th and those three said that they won’t play. Chris Solly, obviously his contract is up, he’s worried about getting injured. Lyle is obviously worried about injuries and David Davis has said that London, with the virus, is dangerous and he doesn’t want to come down here. Everyone has got their own reasons. I do understand them to a certain point. 

“Chris Solly has been an absolute pleasure to work with in my two years in charge. There is no fuss with him, he just comes out and trains hard every time. To give the amount of time that he has given to this football club, he deserves praise. That doesn’t happen these days. He’s been a credit to the club, he’s come through the club, he’s given 11 years, I think, to Charlton and that shouldn’t be forgotten.

“With Lyle, look what he’s brought in his two years. The good moments, he’s brought a lot of that. If it wasn’t for Lyle’s goals last season we wouldn’t be in the Championship. I know it is difficult for everyone, and no-one more than me, it is difficult to grasp what’s going on but he’s thinking of his career, so let’s not forget all the help he has given us. Even this season, before he got injured, he scored five in six and helped us win a lot of games and when he came back from injury, there was a goal at Forest, he had a lot of good moments in a short space of time. We’ll all be disappointed because they aren’t going to play now but they’ve also had some good moments too.”

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5ed513af35577/bowyer-updates-on-preparations-ahead-of-provisional-june-20th-start-date

• Options
    Wonder how the other players are reacting to him & Solly as this affects their futures massively! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How many games will he miss while in contract...just the potential one I suppose? A real shame but not unusual in football. He's been messed around a fair bit and we as fans feel we've been messed around with an injury while away from us via Ebbsfleet!
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    How many games will he miss while in contract...just the potential one I suppose? A real shame but not unusual in football. He's been messed around a fair bit and we as fans feel we've been messed around with an injury while away from us via Ebbsfleet!
    3 games as we are playing twice a week. This place will be in melt down of we miss out on safety by 1 pt
  • Options
    I'm surprised that anyone is surprised by this to be honest.

It's not as if we didnt know about the proposed move last summer to Brentford.
  • Options

His agent.

If normally agree with you but I really can’t see anyone having an influence over Taylor, not even his agent. He’s head strong.

If he was agent driven, he wouldn’t have signed for Charlton in the first place. 
    I certainly agree that he would never be a pushover for an agent. And I am sure that he made up his mind to leave in the summer, during the Jan window. But that wouldn't stop his agent whispering in his ear... "club's a basket case, Lyle...look at that crap new offer Southall made you...remember that injury last autumn, Lyle.." etc.  I've also heard it said that his agent has an even higher arsehole quotient that the average one, and might not have accurately conveyed the details of the Charlton offer to Taylor. But I'm not sure how reliable that is. I would though, love to know what @nth_london_addick thinks/has heard...
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Disappointed with his decision more than anything to be honest.

He would have got a round of applause from me when he returned to The Valley playing for another side.

Now I'll just boo him on his first touch and I'll then forget he's on the pitch and carry on supporting those players who are playing for Charlton.

He'll just be yet another footballer who my missus will get pissed off with when I say "ex Charlton" whenever they appear on TV.
    This. Will get the same abuse from me as does Parker & Grant. 
  • Options
    Oh god, we’re going to have one of those long, drawn out “Will you clap or boo Lyle Tyler?” threads when we come up against him aren’t we?
  • Options
    Is it worth reminding everyone of this with people saying that Solly / Taylor shouldnt be paid?

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-in-talks-to-defer-wages-to-save-club-money-during-lockdown/