Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Options
    My first thought when I heard this was I can't blame him. He hasn't been treated well. You would expect a club being run by anybody who knows even a little bit about football and players that you keep you best players happy. I suppose that lets us out. We still have Bowyer and if anybody can keep us up, he can though.

And the reality is, players that don't know if their wages are going to be paid until the last minute and are out of contract in a few weeks have probably lined up their next club and if so will be under instructions not to risk injury.

but that happens to hundreds of players every season who are coming to the end of their contracts but they don't down tools and refuse to play. I have no problem with Lyle doing what he likes from 1st July as it's eff all to do with us then but until 30th June he should play and if he get's injured then tough, it's happened before and it will happen again.

• Options
    edited June 2020

Plotting not having to play a game for Charlton again. 😉

With @Ollywozere snooping behind them.
  • Options
    All these rumours are according to Bowyer. A man that would benefit from the fan pressure to get Taylor to play out the remainder of his contract. 

I'll wait until Taylor himself speaks and explains his reasoning. 
    Id take the word of Bowyer over Taylor's all day long and twice on Sundays.
  • Options
    All these rumours are according to Bowyer. A man that would benefit from the fan pressure to get Taylor to play out the remainder of his contract. 

I'll wait until Taylor himself speaks and explains his reasoning. 
    But you didn't wait.
    You supported Taylor for not playing due to Covid19 concerns.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Rumours on the reliable source that is Facebook that Lyle is only training and won't be playing for us again. Apparently he doesn't want to risk getting injured.
    Nah don’t buy that. If he wasn’t playing for us again, I’m sure the club wouldn’t have him in for training / providing his twice weekly testing etc.
    Wouldn't you have him in for training anyway in the hope that he'd change his mind once he was back in the swing of things?

Longshot probably but one worth taking I'd say.
  • Options
    Solly is out of contract as well, choosing not to play. 

Won't get half the abuse that Taylor will. 
    If fear of injury is behind it with Solly that's more understandable.

With his medical history he will needs to give himself every chance to find another club if we've offered nothing to someone that's given us 10 good years.

Loyalty cuts both ways.
  • Options
    Was gonna say that it don't seem like any other reasons LT has made this decision, listening to Bowyer's interview (eg; Court cases / Covid etc.), and I personally don't buy into the idea that Bowyer would play silly games like using "fan pressure" to get a player to turn out. Also don't think LT would give a sh1t what fans were saying to him regarding his "big move" **chortles**
  • Options
    IF ... A BIG if ... that he’s signed an agreement with Middlesbrough or any other relegation candidate, and they don’t want him to play, that would surely be a conflict of interests that the EFL would want to investigate. As others have said, a good reason for the season to be voided 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I remember Garry Nelson explaining that footballers are contracted to train because they may not play due to injury, loss of form, etc. so if he is training he’ll not be in breach of contract but may miss out on any appearance fees, win bonuses (little joke there to lighten the mood 😉), etc.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    He should be sacked and no last wage paid. Perhaps his new club might think he can not be trusted to see out a contract. If the club had said we are not going to play you and not pay you he would take the club to court. He has a contract to see out. Don`t get me wrong Taylor has been great for the club but you can`t just do that when you have a contract.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Gazza6 said:
    He should be sacked and no last wage paid. Perhaps his new club might think he can not be trusted. If the club had said we are not going to play you and not pay you he would take the club to court. He has a contract to see out.
    Derby showed this season the power that players how these days

If players arent going to be sacked for driving under the influence and causing a dangerous crash then what hope is there 

No one will care that we've sacked Taylor for non scandalous reasons

They'll simply see it to their advantage that they're getting a decent Striker which they'll see as our loss as we didnt offer enough to keep him
  • Options
    Did people really ever compare Taylor to the likes of Yann? I even see him ranked alongside Mendonca.

He’s not even fit to lace Kermorgants boots. I’ve always said that and even more so now.
    In terms of footballing ability he was comparable to Yann for us, in terms of class he seemed comparable, however, that has faltered somewhat with the latest news...

I'd say they're comparable. 
  • Options
    He should pay his wages to charity from the last moment he kicked a ball for us. Take to more money off us and fuck off! 
  • Options
    It doesn't seem right, especially when you remember that we looked after him during the four-month absence through injury sustained in Montserrat.

Well, that's us fucked, good and proper.  See you in Accrington and Rochdale next season.

• Options
    It doesn't seem right, especially when you remember that we looked after him during the four-month absence through injury sustained in Montserrat.

Well, that's us fucked, good and proper.  See you in Accrington and Rochdale next season.

I’ll take that over not having a club at all.

Thats something he will never get.

Thats life.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Players play for their clubs knowing that their contracts are about to expire, that happens all the time

Yes he was younger, but Patrick Bauer for example scored the winning goal at Wembley (and still celebrates the moment) knowing that he was likely to leave. Ditto Aribo

Imagine if either of them had downed tools in April...
    This. Bauer will forever be a hero due to that goal. Taylor could do the same if he played & scored the winner v Millwall.
  • Options
    How much a week is Taylor and Solly on?.
  • Options
    Taylor is full of bluff. 
    Used the Southall/virus situation to his benefit. the honest podcast he did ultimately, in hindsight,  meant we’d never seen him in a CAFC shirt again. 
    Taylor isn’t a football fan, like he says, so doesn’t care about the fans, like he didn’t for AFCW. 

Cheers LT, we’ll find another one of you. 
  • Options
    How much a week is Taylor and Solly on?.
    Bout 12k-15k combined I'd guess. 
  • Options
    Lyle is a fine player and I've really enjoyed watching him play. Roland should have signed him to a longer and more lucrative contract when he proved his worth to the team in our promotion year. But Roland has always been a bit of an asshole. Once a player gets into the last year of his contract then they are always likely to run their contract down, especially if you are as good as Taylor. I saw this coming, I'm sure most of us did. We 'hoped' he would re-sign for us but can't blame him for going to a bigger club with a great financial deal. Also can't really blame him for his current stance. In his position I'd probably do the same. 
  • Options
    Probably need to hear from the players before judging but on the face of it, that’s shitty by Taylor. I get it, it’s a life changing deal to another club. But fk me, we’re doomed without him. He knows how crucial it is to stay up. What happened to the chest thumping spirit? 
  • Options
    I need to hear from the players as to how they’ve come to this decision, if indeed they have, before I lose my shit.  Unfortunately, I think I’m going to have the same feeling I had when Parker left.
  • Options
    Obviously I get why people are upset, but objectively, can you think of how more shambolically a football club could have possibly be ran than we have been in the 2 years Lyle Taylor signed to us for? I can't even really list everything that's happened off the top of my head it's been so absurd.

If you aren't a fan, why would you do anything more? That's awful for us fans and makes us the losers of it all, but Taylor has basically been central to any remote bit of hope we've had throughout this time, and deserves better than the absolute sh*tshow we currently are. Good luck to him.