Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Options
    Apart from Deeney for covid reasons have any other players come out to say they won't play in fear of injury? 

I wish Netflix had done a documentary about us this season 
  • Options
    Solly is out of contract as well, choosing not to play. 

Won't get half the abuse that Taylor will. 
    Because solly won’t play much anyway. Taylor is our key to survival. Solly is key to keeping training ground spirits up. Big big difference
  • Options
    He has been offered a lucrative deal and been told he will be signed but they don't want him playing for us. This is football. It is how football clubs behave.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    I suspect it is different with Solly. He has probably has been told he won't get a new contract and if so would understandably be pissed off with that. You could undersatnding taking the view that loyalty works both ways. Again, football is a hard business. Nothing should detract from his contribution and to be fair, I am grateful to Taylor for his too.
  • Options
    davis - don’t care

solly - you’ve made me sad. All those years we thought you were mr Charlton. In reality, your Charlton career is over! You wouldn’t have played much but that the fact that as vice captain, a player that has been captain on many occasions, you are now sticking 2 fingers up and walking away when we need fighters, fighters that understand Charlton. That is you and it saddens me that you are doing this

taylor - always comes across as mr morals, mr smart but what a selfish arsehole you are being. A few weeks ago you were on a pod cast saying Charlton are big and the fans don’t deserve this and it’s the fans that are suffering! You have added to our suffering, you are a game changer that lifts the team and crowd whenever you touch the ball. Laying the flag on the goal line during the Wembley celebrations, the social media attention, you are a con man like mouthall. 9 games to save us and you would have gone with our blessing and received a hero’s welcome if ever you returned to se7

your arrogance has put us in this position, getting injured playing park football with non league players on international duty and drawing a good wage to do nothing, now going on strike, you have relegated us. 

You said in the recent mouthall rant that you were not allowed to talk to Brentford but you are a Charlton player and would carry on being professional. You’ve played 20 games this season, pull yourself together, pull on the shirt and be a Charlton player and a professional until the season ends.......then f**k off to the highest bidder
    Passionate and correct. Well said.
  • Options
    davis - don’t care

solly - you’ve made me sad. All those years we thought you were mr Charlton. In reality, your Charlton career is over! You wouldn’t have played much but that the fact that as vice captain, a player that has been captain on many occasions, you are now sticking 2 fingers up and walking away when we need fighters, fighters that understand Charlton. That is you and it saddens me that you are doing this

taylor - always comes across as mr morals, mr smart but what a selfish arsehole you are being. A few weeks ago you were on a pod cast saying Charlton are big and the fans don’t deserve this and it’s the fans that are suffering! You have added to our suffering, you are a game changer that lifts the team and crowd whenever you touch the ball. Laying the flag on the goal line during the Wembley celebrations, the social media attention, you are a con man like mouthall. 9 games to save us and you would have gone with our blessing and received a hero’s welcome if ever you returned to se7

your arrogance has put us in this position, getting injured playing park football with non league players on international duty and drawing a good wage to do nothing, now going on strike, you have relegated us. 

You said in the recent mouthall rant that you were not allowed to talk to Brentford but you are a Charlton player and would carry on being professional. You’ve played 20 games this season, pull yourself together, pull on the shirt and be a Charlton player and a professional until the season ends.......then f**k off to the highest bidder
    Passionate and correct. Well said.
    My man crush has crushed me!! He has conned us just as much as mouthall and his actions will hurts us as much too! 
  • Options
    He could, of course, have trained to get his fitness, been picked and then walked through the last couple of games before signing elsewhere. At least he is being honest and giving Bowyer the chance to field someone who will really try for the club in its' hour of need. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Some massive overreactions on here. Still 3 weeks to go and have only heard one side of the story.

If you put yourself in his shoes. He's been underpaid for a long time, has one last contract until he has to re-train and find something else to do with his life. He knows that if he gets injured for a while then he probably won't get that last contract. I think a lot of those criticising him would probably do the same.

I get the emotional aspect of it but I think calling him a dickhead, a sewer rat and telling him to fuck off is a little unwarranted.
    ^^This^^
    Read through a lot of bollox and @Leeds_Addick has nailed it. Although arguably Lyle could do with growing a pair, at least for 3 games anyway. 
  • Options
    So,in march 2018 I took my 7 year old son to Peterborough away. We lost 4-1 with the likes of Magennis and zyro up front. Why do you support Charlton dad? They are Rubbish. What could I say,he was right. We need a striker who can score goals dad. Somehow,Bowyer got us into the playoffs but due to lack of firepower we lost to Shrewsbury. Then came the summer, and we signed Lyle Taylor from Wimbledon and I must admit I'd never really heard of him. But after the first few games,we knew we had a striker on our hands and there started my sons love of Charlton. He knew that when we now played,we had a striker who would put the ball in the net more often than not. He's now nine and a pretty good footballer himself,so he knows a good player when he sees one. He was so happy this morning when I told him that the championship would be restarting soon. But he will be absolutely gutted when I tell him that his first true Hero at Charlton is refusing to play the remainder of the season. It will be just like having Magennis and zyro back up front and that lack of firepower will in my opinion send us down. So Lyle... if you are reading this,make one little boy and and thousands of other addicks happy by playing out the season and becoming a true Charlton hero by firing us to safety.
  • Options
    So long Lyle, thanks for the memories... and what the might have been. Good luck with your next move.
    Chris Solly, once again thanks for your service. Just leave you lads with this thought.

When you get what you want in your struggle for self
    And the world makes you king for a day
    Just go to the mirror and look at yourself
    And see what that man has to say.

You may fool the whole world down the pathway of years
    And get pats on the back as you pass
    But your final reward will be heartache and tears
    If you’ve cheated the man in the glass. 
  • Options
    So,in march 2018 I took my 7 year old son to Peterborough away. We lost 4-1 with the likes of Magennis and zyro up front. Why do you support Charlton dad? They are Rubbish. What could I say,he was right. We need a striker who can score goals dad. Somehow,Bowyer got us into the playoffs but due to lack of firepower we lost to Shrewsbury. Then came the summer, and we signed Lyle Taylor from Wimbledon and I must admit I'd never really heard of him. But after the first few games,we knew we had a striker on our hands and there started my sons love of Charlton. He knew that when we now played,we had a striker who would put the ball in the net more often than not. He's now nine and a pretty good footballer himself,so he knows a good player when he sees one. He was so happy this morning when I told him that the championship would be restarting soon. But he will be absolutely gutted when I tell him that his first true Hero at Charlton is refusing to play the remainder of the season. It will be just like having Magennis and zyro back up front and that lack of firepower will in my opinion send us down. So Lyle... if you are reading this,make one little boy and and thousands of other addicks happy by playing out the season and becoming a true Charlton hero by firing us to safety.
    Probably shouldn’t have told him as this may be a Taylor drama and he may change his mind??! 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Is it worth reminding everyone of this with people saying that Solly / Taylor shouldnt be paid?

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-in-talks-to-defer-wages-to-save-club-money-during-lockdown/
    Yes, Defer wages not take a temporary cut. 

They still expect full payment.
  • Options
    There are 3 weeks til game time. Lot can happen until then. I still back him to end up playing for us. Ultimately we had 9 games of 90 minute football before that he was going to play in, that's still the same so the risk hasn't really changed.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    When you're struggling to keep your head above water.
    Lyle Taylor is now the man that puts his foot on top of your head.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd like to hear from Taylor before judging too much, careers are short and he'd be crazy not to move on in the summer. If for that deal to happen he has to refuse to play for us - e.g. at the request of the club he's signing for, or because he'll lose the offer if he gets injured - then his hands are tied, really.
  • Options
    He wasnt that bothered about getting injured playing for Monserat was he ? He picked up his wages for 4 months when he was out then. 

Sewer rat.
    Sewer rat? Really? 
  • Options
    I wonder if Taylor will turn out in the end? Bowyer’s words on him feel like an arm round the shoulder to sway him to pull his boots on one last time. 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    I wonder if Taylor will turn out in the end? Bowyer’s words on him feel like an arm round the shoulder to sway him to pull his boots on one last time. 
    I think all chances of that happening are gone with the way that Charlton fans have spoken to or about Taylor today.  
  • Options
    Can’t be bothered to read all this but yeah own goal for me....
    You’d think one of the fucktard owners would bung him some more dosh/insurance just to play as surely relegation will affect the whole pound that the pricks have spent on us....
  • Options
    On a final months notice at work, I think most people would have their eyes on other things and their committment may not be what it was previously.
    Good luck in the rest of your career Mr Taylor.
    Absolutely fucking speechless.

Well you aren’t are you - because you’ve said something.

Always loved you Dicky.