Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Options
    It won't make it easier, but is is far from impossible.
  • Options
    As disappointed as I am, I won't be condemning anyone for not playing. We know the club is in an absolute mess, but we don't know everything that's gone on being the scenes. If it was a well run club I'd feel a lot angrier about it but as we appear to have been overrun by a confederacy of crooks I can't blame anyone for cutting loose.  
  • Options
    Bowyer sounds annoyed in that interview 
    I don't blame him! Like others have said would he have sat out April and May in a normal season. He's paiid to play football albeit up until the end of June. Should not be training with us or being paid if he aint going play
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    So he’s still contracted till the 30th but won’t play between the 20th & 30th ? Surely he’ll be breaching his contract ?
    You can't force a player to play during a pandemic. 
    But that isn't his reason for not playing. I suppose he is being honest and could have lied and said he didn't want to play because of the risk of catching the virus

Isn't the Hull game the next one? A 6-pointer if there ever was one. Even if he could just play that I'd be less angry, let alone until the end of his contract. So the season would have finished in May ordinarily and he was more than happy to be under contract (i.e. be paid) up until then end of June for a further month. Now there is the need to play in June he doesn't want to do the job he is actually paid for! Have been a fan of his, but am mightily pissed of by this.

• Options
    Disgusting behaviour by Lyle. Who does he think he is?
    Piece of shit. I hope he falls off a kerb and breaks his ankle. 
  • Options
    I don't blame him! Like others have said would he have sat out April and May in a normal season. He's paiid to play football albeit up until the end of June. Should not be training with us or being paid if he aint going play
    Doesnt he have the right to be training seeing we're his latest club?

Only say that because Roger Johnson was allowed to train @ Sparrows Lane before he joined Bromley when out of contract
  • Options
    Where will Taylor move to ?  Any rumours floating about.
  • Options
    Where will Taylor move to ?  Any rumours floating about.
    Brentford/Boro/Rangers have all been linked at different times 
  • Options

Only say that because Roger Johnson was allowed to train @ Sparrows Lane before he joined Bromley when out of contract
    I'd send him to Coventry - literally!
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    JamesSeed said:
    99% of us would do exactly the same as Lyle's doing, were we in the same situation. It’s a profession after all. 
    Still gutted though. 
    No they wouldn't - not if they were in a 'profession' and being 'professional'.

I'm sorry Bob but being in the profession of football I do think that 99% of us would do the same.
    I have to say that listening to the responses of so many "fans" over the last 12 hours has been like listening to the whining of a 14 year old boy just dumped by his first girlfriend. "But she told me that she loved me!!" 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I presume the agent has "Big moves" lined up despite the fact clubs will have less money to offer ?

Does he fancy a crack at the Premier league maybe ..

Or a top Championship club going for promotion in his mind.

Otherwise it won't be much of a step up..
  • Options

I doubt that we could be forced to let him use the facilities if he has been released for breach of contract and as he is still our player we could just suspend him from the training ground for breach of contract.

if he has downed tools he shouldn’t be allowed to travel in, mix with others and use the gym anyway, there is still a very real health threat out there.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    It always seemed to me that the Montserrat stuff was just a glorified holiday whenever it came up. I’m sure he was proud to represent them but it does wind me up that he was prepared to risk getting injured for them but not for us when he is contracted to keep playing.
    So, was it a glorified holiday or was he proud to represent them, which was it? 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    99% of us would do exactly the same as Lyle's doing, were we in the same situation. It’s a profession after all. 
    Still gutted though. 
    Surely the simple fact that 99% of our out of contract players haven't done the same, shows what you're saying to be incorrect?
    No, it doesn't.
    99% of our out of contract players are not in the same position as Lyle. They may be hoping to have their contracts extended at Charlton. They certainly don't have the same options as Lyle and their motives/reasons for agreeing to play will, most certainly, be different. 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    JamesSeed said:
    Still gutted though. 
    I for one would not do what he is doing. He has probably cost us a takeover as well as we go into the last 9 games without our top player so relegation looks more of a possibility and who would buy us now. The club could tadke a policy for the last 9 games to cover an career ending injury? 10 mil or so? how much would that cost ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2020
    cafctom said:
    It always seemed to me that the Montserrat stuff was just a glorified holiday whenever it came up. I’m sure he was proud to represent them but it does wind me up that he was prepared to risk getting injured for them but not for us when he is contracted to keep playing.
    So, was it a glorified holiday or was he proud to represent them, which was it? 
    No idea to be honest - probably both. I wouldn’t call games against Saint Lucia and Aruba matches that are worth getting injured in though. And if you are going to get injured in them then don’t pull this stunt right when the team needs you and the clubs survival is on the line. 

Deep down I do think Lyle’s a decent bloke but his decision making over the course of the past season does leave a lot to be desired. And not just the football side of it, cos he gives everything when he is out there - but the attention seeking, the need to be front and centre. 

If youre good enough then then you can get away with being a bit different in that sense, but don’t let your team mates and fans down like this
  • Options
    Stig said:
    There's something else about this contract situation that I think pushes the decision to leave. A normal season which finished at the end of April would give any player getting hurt two months to recover. Sure, every now and then some poor sod will pick up a career ending injury, but the chances are mercifully small. The vast majority of players injured at the end of the season will be fit by the time their contracts are up. This time around the games are so close to the end of the contract period that even a minor injury could put a player out of action when the transfer window is open. For a player who had a nice deal lined up this season is far riskier, because even a relatively simple injury could delay a move leaving potential suitors to look around for alternatives. No-one is going to want to fail a medical and then sweat it out hoping the buyers bide their time, because the chances are they won't. This, combined with the fact that we don't even know what's going to happen with next season, means that it's full of uncertainty. Indeed practically the only certainty is that however this season finishes, Charlton will still be a nut house - and the biggest doubt about that is whether the club will actually exist. To be a 30 year old player with one last throw of the career-dice left, sticking around would be utter madness and doing something that could jeopardise a move would be very risky indeed.
    My god, the voice of reason. The important question though is will you boo or clap him if we are ever lucky enough to play against him in the future? 
  • Options
    Stig said:
    There's something else about this contract situation that I think pushes the decision to leave. A normal season which finished at the end of April would give any player getting hurt two months to recover. Sure, every now and then some poor sod will pick up a career ending injury, but the chances are mercifully small. The vast majority of players injured at the end of the season will be fit by the time their contracts are up. This time around the games are so close to the end of the contract period that even a minor injury could put a player out of action when the transfer window is open. For a player who had a nice deal lined up this season is far riskier, because even a relatively simple injury could delay a move leaving potential suitors to look around for alternatives. No-one is going to want to fail a medical and then sweat it out hoping the buyers bide their time, because the chances are they won't. This, combined with the fact that we don't even know what's going to happen with next season, means that it's full of uncertainty. Indeed practically the only certainty is that however this season finishes, Charlton will still be a nut house - and the biggest doubt about that is whether the club will actually exist. To be a 30 year old player with one last throw of the career-dice left, sticking around would be utter madness and doing something that could jeopardise a move would be very risky indeed.
    Speaking as a neutral, without any emotional attachment, I think you’re bang on with this post. 
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Speaking as a neutral, without any emotional attachment, I think you’re bang on with this post. 
    Are you sure that you are a Millwall fan? Far too sensible. 
  • Options
    Slightly surprised considering how he performed after the Brentford move was blocked, he was a model pro then. I did wonder if there was an ulterior motive with the interviews he's been doing, letting people know he's available, but the truth is any move has probably already been fixed up. It's pretty poor on his part, there are plenty of players who move on at the end of the season and keep up their standards up, never mind taking the trouble to turn up every week. It’s part of being a professional.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Appreciate the end of June is 4 - 6 weeks later so less time to recover from any injury. But his contract is as a footballer which necessitates playing football! Also, if he does go to Rangers then their season starts earlier so the difference between the time of the play offs and the end of June and the start of the next season is then less so not much difference in recovery time. He would have been happy to be be paid for June whilst not playing
  • Options
    Apologies if this has already been said as I'm too annoyed to read all the comments but just as well Patrick Bauer didn't decide to skip the play-offs last season, eh?
    But if he hadn't have scored in the 94th minute would he just be seen as another Judas? 
  • Options
    Slightly surprised considering how he performed after the Brentford move was blocked, he was a model pro then. I did wonder if there was an ulterior motive with the interviews he's been doing, letting people know he's available, but the truth is any move has probably already been fixed up. It's pretty poor on his part, there are plenty of players who move on at the end of the season and keep up their standards up, never mind taking the trouble to turn up every week. It’s part of being a professional.
    But this season end is totally different to any other season end.