Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Options
    It does sound like Bowyer has come out to put pressure on him to play. 

I can't imagine Taylor would really care though what fans thought of him. He's set for life and walking into a new club where the fans will love him there instead. 
  • Options
    Well, bollocks.  Disappointing but that is money for you.
  • Options
    Disappointed in both

If the season had panned out normally and Taylor told Bowyer he wasn't available for the last 2 games of the season because he had a big move lined up and didn't want to get injured, he's be rightly criticised

And Solly is the club captain. I don't know what his future plans are, but if I was another club I'd be worried about his commitment to the cause
  • Options
    I can see both sides here so will reserve judgment until I know which club we're protecting him for.

Anyone know if Brentford are still most likely? Given the circumstances, you'd think it's a Prem club.
  • Options
    I don't the employment law rules but in the current situation if it's safe to go to work and you refuse would you expect to be sacked?

In Taylors case, or any employee/employer case, I feel you should show some loyalty to an employer who paid you whilst you were unable to work due to injuring yourself whilst working for another company (which your main employer has no control over) and at least fulfil your contractual obligations.

I am deeply disappointed in Taylor's attitude. Not that he'll probably give a shit. 
    This. It's one thing not signing a new contract or wanting to leave, but its another refusing to play when you are being paid for another 2 months. 

1 month and possibly only 1-2 games before his contract ends on 30 June.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    I can see both sides here so will reserve judgment until I know which club we're protecting him for.

Anyone know if Brentford are still most likely? Given the circumstances, you'd think it's a Prem club.
    Saw Burnley mentioned over the weekend, Lyle would be ideal in a Dyche side. 
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

Seems to be linked with a new club every day.

Preston, Middlesbrough, Burnley and Rangers are the latest ones i've seen. Even saw Palace mentioned somewhere, that'll go down well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hes been sitting on his arse getting paid every week and now refuses to play? Well surely he's in breach of contract.
    What a wanker
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    I don't the employment law rules but in the current situation if it's safe to go to work and you refuse would you expect to be sacked?

In Taylors case, or any employee/employer case, I feel you should show some loyalty to an employer who paid you whilst you were unable to work due to injuring yourself whilst working for another company (which your main employer has no control over) and at least fulfil your contractual obligations.

I am deeply disappointed in Taylor's attitude. Not that he'll probably give a shit. 
    This. It's one thing not signing a new contract or wanting to leave, but its another refusing to play when you are being paid for another 2 months. 

1 month and possibly only 1-2 games before his contract ends on 30 June.
    It doesn't matter if it's 1-2 or 8-9 games he will miss, he should make himself available to play in any game he is contractually obliged to if fit. 
  • Options
    I think Southhall must be his agent ! 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Clubs only pay July wages if out of contract and without another club I thought I read somewhere. 

Lyle will have another club contract from then I would assume hence not playing. Co-incidently whilst it leaves a sour taste right now, Lyle was part of the team that gave me a fantastic day at Wembley. I will always respect him for the way he got on with this season after Brentford move collapsed and gave his all. Lyle is good at 100%, I am sure he is great at 60/70/80% but if not fully committed as has the nagging worry then his head is not in it. Understandable but majorly disappointing for us as fans.

Solly has been a fantastic servant for the club. His knee(?) injury has caught up with him and played less and less. Matthews has been a suitable deputy. I respect Chris's decision as if he did get another injury then us, and other teams, would not offer another contract. He is probably high risk due to previous history. I don't blame him. He probably will get another chance elsewhere so why risk it, especially if he knows he isn't getting abother contract (we don't know whats been said).

For those saying about Lewis Page and Loans, Page needs to play to prove himself to other clubs if he isn't getting another contract here (who knows) and loanees have contracts at parent clubs hence injury issue not a problem.

Bowyer has done a fantastic job and will do his best with the players wanting to play for Charlton.
  • Options
    Assuming his contract expires on June 30th, it isn’t outside the realm of possibility that Taylor actually ends up playing the last 5-6 games of the season with a different club. Maybe even one that we come up against (Brentford for example).
  • Options
    We are fooked - can’t see where goals would come from without him - hope I am wrong, but it’s just bad news after bad news at the moment
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Assuming his contract expires on June 30th, it isn’t outside the realm of possibility that Taylor actually ends up playing the last 5-6 games of the season with a different club. Maybe even one that we come up against (Brentford for example).
    I am almost certain that won't be allowed to happen. But it is the EFL so you know it might be a risk.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Furlough those that don't want to play and on top of that fine them, surely its breach of contract.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

The transfer window is closed - he could not play for another club this season.
  • Options
    It's obviously poor form that he's decided not to play. 

Definitely in breach of contract for refusing to play before June 30th. However, I doubt the threat of a week or two without pay is going to affect him if he's agreed a decent contract elsewhere. 

Over the last few weeks he's done the club a massive favour with his honesty. He's also been fantastic for 80% of the 60 odd games he's played for us. Shame it ends this way but I can forgive him. We're a joke of a club and we've only got ourselves to blame for yet another quality player walking away from the club for free come 1st July. 
  • Options
    Disappointed more by the news of Solly rather than Taylor to be honest although clearly Lyle is the bigger loss to the team.

I'd like to hear from the players themselves and their reasons for not playing before making any judgement.
    If Solly is because of Covid I don't blame him one bit. I'm sure there will be many others refusing to step foot on the pitch in a few weeks time. 
  • Options
    Markg2004 said:

Solly has been a fantastic servant for the club. His knee(?) injury has caught up with him and played less and less. Matthews has been a suitable deputy. I respect Chris's decision as if he did get another injury then us, and other teams, would not offer another contract. He is probably high risk due to previous history. I don't blame him. He probably will get another chance elsewhere so why risk it, especially if he knows he isn't getting abother contract (we don't know whats been said).

If Solly is that worried about playing a few games (mainly from the bench), why would another club give him a contract for a whole year?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Danny Murphy saying that Lyle should be playing, says that Lyle should speak to the club about an Insurance Policy

Has questioned if the club are capable of doing that though

Acknowledges that Taylor is 30 compared to Murphy being 20 when he went from Crewe to Liverpool

Yet says that playing with the fear of injury is not a good place to be in
    Insured against losing a contract that doesn’t exist? Sign me up for that policy! 
    How do you know that there isn't a contract that has already been agreed?
    Even if he doesn't have a contract in place an insurance policy could be taken out by the club, in Lyle's favour, covering the earnings that he could expect to receive over the next three years following a move. 
    Of course, the club won't do that because it doesn't have proper leadership and doesn't have a pot to piss in. 
    Can't blame Lyle at all and I hope that he gets the move that his talent deserves. 

Unless he’s moving to a foreign club I’m pretty sure he can’t sign anything (if that’s what you mean by “agreed”) with another English team until his contract with Charlton expires.