Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Options
    Markg2004 said:

Solly has been a fantastic servant for the club. His knee(?) injury has caught up with him and played less and less. Matthews has been a suitable deputy. I respect Chris's decision as if he did get another injury then us, and other teams, would not offer another contract. He is probably high risk due to previous history. I don't blame him. He probably will get another chance elsewhere so why risk it, especially if he knows he isn't getting abother contract (we don't know whats been said).

If Solly is that worried about playing a few games (mainly from the bench), why would another club give him a contract for a whole year?
    Solly would likely end up playing in League One with a mid table club who would jump at the chance of having his experience on board. He wouldn’t make the same money, but it would be better than nothing at all.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Shame for everyone that he’s gonna leave on a sour note. Can’t blame him personally as I’m pretty sure we’d all do the same. It’s just a shame the way it’s planned out.

seems like he’s gonna get a prem move and good luck to him - without him we wouldn’t be where we are now that’s for sure 
    I can blame him personally.
    He is a professional footballer under contract to play football for the club that pay his wages.
    I don't blame him for wanting to leave the club, but I do blame him for not seeing out his contract.

Will we play a game before his contract expires at the end of June? 1 game maybe, 2 max.

We'll possibly fine him wages for the weeks he refuses to play and that'll be that.

If he's that disinterested, Bowyer is obviously better off planning for all games without him.
    If we're playing 2 games a week and starting 20th June, I'd expect us to play at least 3 games before the end of June.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Sage said:
    It annoys me that Lyle can pick and choose when he wants to play, or when he wants to be professional, or when he wants to respect Bowyer, the man who brought him to the club and has supported him through everything. It’s not too much to ask to fulfil your contract and play, even if it is until the end of June. 4 matches is not a lot to ask, when those 4 matches are huge for our club’s future.

I know it will never happen in football, but if someone in any other walk of life refuses to do their job or breaks the agreement in their contract, they will get the consequences from those decisions. In football it doesn’t happen. But maybe not being paid for the remainder of the contract is the way forward. If you won’t fulfil your end of the contract, why should the employer have to?

If he is refusing to play for no valid reason (and not wanting to get injured is absolutely not a valid reason) it is a repudiatory breach of contract. He should not be paid for June and his contract should be terminated with immediate effect.
    I reckon he’d be over the moon with that, could sign for his new club tomorrow and triple his wages a month early!
  • Options
    Early July Taylor playing for another club.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    bobmunro said:
    Sage said:
    It annoys me that Lyle can pick and choose when he wants to play, or when he wants to be professional, or when he wants to respect Bowyer, the man who brought him to the club and has supported him through everything. It’s not too much to ask to fulfil your contract and play, even if it is until the end of June. 4 matches is not a lot to ask, when those 4 matches are huge for our club’s future.

I know it will never happen in football, but if someone in any other walk of life refuses to do their job or breaks the agreement in their contract, they will get the consequences from those decisions. In football it doesn’t happen. But maybe not being paid for the remainder of the contract is the way forward. If you won’t fulfil your end of the contract, why should the employer have to?

If he is refusing to play for no valid reason (and not wanting to get injured is absolutely not a valid reason) it is a repudiatory breach of contract. He should not be paid for June and his contract should be terminated with immediate effect.
    I reckon he’d be over the moon with that, could sign for his new club tomorrow and triple his wages a month early!
    Nobody is going to pay him a ton of money when he's a couple of months away from being able to play. He'll still have to wait a 6/8 weeks for a club to give him a deal. 
  • Options
    The transfer window won't be open until the season finishes
  • Options
    No. He won't be able to play until the transfer/registration period reopens. 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Shame for everyone that he’s gonna leave on a sour note. Can’t blame him personally as I’m pretty sure we’d all do the same. It’s just a shame the way it’s planned out.

seems like he’s gonna get a prem move and good luck to him - without him we wouldn’t be where we are now that’s for sure 
    I can blame him personally.
    He is a professional footballer under contract to play football for the club that pay his wages.
    I don't blame him for wanting to leave the club, but I do blame him for not seeing out his contract.

Will we play a game before his contract expires at the end of June? 1 game maybe, 2 max.

We'll possibly fine him wages for the weeks he refuses to play and that'll be that.

If he's that disinterested, Bowyer is obviously better off planning for all games without him.
    If we're playing 2 games a week and starting 20th June, I'd expect us to play at least 3 games before the end of June.
    Yes true but i thought the 20th was only provisional and might move back a week?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Refusing to play through fear of injury is such a cowards way out, in any normal season he wouldn't have not be able to choose when he plays. Also very surprised at Solly, if he is doing the same as Lyle to protect himself for a move its a disgrace!
  • Options
    What a dickhead. One of the most important short periods in our history and he won’t put on the shirt. Undone all his good work. He can fuck off.

This x 1000
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Rossman92 said:
    If you are refusing to train or play, how can you justify taking wages for June?
    Worst thing is, Lyle has still been back training with us, as has Solly but neither want to play.

They need suspending without pay until their contracts are up if you ask me.
  • Options
    Can't say I'm not gutted. Bowyer who comes from a time where footballers like him had pride, grit and determination is probably thinking Lyle is a right lightweight especially after seeing his comments this morning. 

Obviously Lyle can be expected to feel let down by Roland and ESI and probably thinks feck em!! .. But wheres his pride to say I'll go out with my head held high and show that your the better person by fullfilling your contract!

Clearly money dictates all but it's not a good way to leave the club. He should play until the 30th June anything less leaves a bitter taste. 
  • Options
    Whist it's disappointing Lyle won't be playing let's not kid ourselves that he would score enough keep us up, we lost 4 of our last 5 games and only scored in 1 of them - (Lyle with 2 of the 3 against Luton).

I think we have a better chance of staying up now we know who we will have back wanting to play as I think we were 100% going down had the season carried on with Lyle playing.
  • Options
    Surely if he is refusing to play because he does not want to get injured then , he needs to be off our wage bill as of now. 
  • Options
    Lyle's position is understandable but deeply disappointing. It's a hammer blow to our chances of survival, which were probably less than 50/50 anyway. He's contracted until 30 June and should, in my view, play the two or three games this month. It's not as if the 2020/21 season is going to start in August either.

To complete the extended season, he'd need to have a binding pre-contract with his new club and their consent to play on. Some kind of insurance policy could probably be taken out to protect their and Lyle's interests but, given our deplorable ownership, that looks a forlorn hope.

Another gut punch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If he was refusing to play was for COVID reasons I could understand but because he might get injured is ridiculous. No sympathy whatsoever for him . 
    Bugger off Lyle and take that ego with you .
    Yes, I agree with this. If concerns over COVID had been his rationale that would have been more acceptable to my mind. If, as a minimum, he says he would honour his contract term and play in any games up to the end of that (presumably to 30th June), then at least that is a half way house. But to effectively down tools does not sit well with me regardless of what he hopes may be coming his way.
  • Options
    If Taylor is still training with us, doesn't he risk getting injured, in training?

Would Solly have been considered for a coaching role, next season, which he may not be able to do if he were to get injured?
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    I don't the employment law rules but in the current situation if it's safe to go to work and you refuse would you expect to be sacked?

In Taylors case, or any employee/employer case, I feel you should show some loyalty to an employer who paid you whilst you were unable to work due to injuring yourself whilst working for another company (which your main employer has no control over) and at least fulfil your contractual obligations.

I am deeply disappointed in Taylor's attitude. Not that he'll probably give a shit. 
    This. It's one thing not signing a new contract or wanting to leave, but its another refusing to play when you are being paid for another 2 months. 

1 month and possibly only 1-2 games before his contract ends on 30 June.
    I thought players were paid until the end of July, if they are not fixed up with another club,even though contracts finish end of June?
    If so 2 months and 3/4 games.
  • Options
    Think the club is missing a trick. He should be called in but but allowed to train get him to do other jobs round the club. As at least that would disrupt his train routine. I do complety get his stance though as we all would do it. Also I would publicly mention the club if they are in the same division as us as surely that's a breach of fair competition 
  • Options
    No. He won't be able to play until the transfer/registration period reopens. 
    Is this the case? So his contract with CAFC finishes, but he is not able to register with a new club. Does that sound right? Obviously, it's the EFL so anything could happen but it sounds as though he is prevented from earning. I get that he shouldn't be allowed to play for another team in this season, but is there a case that he should be allowed to join another team to prepare for whenever 2020/21 starts.

Shame if he isn't playing but let's be under no illusions where most players' loyalties lie. 
  • Options
    Very disappointed. If it was health concerns with the virus I could understand it, but if it’s concerns with his next job, surely that’s a sacking offence?