Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Options
    Taylor is a coward . He shit on his fellow players , the clubs and the fans who adored him when they needed him . An absolute disgrace of a human being who mugged us all off .

I didn't think at 1st. Had the open 2 sides to every story belief and still thought highly of him as a player.

It's just complete bollocks now.

He is pretty much just a selfish self indulgent c*nt.
  • Options
    Forest isn't a bad call, but would they really want him if they get promotion?
  • Options
    No, the story says it depends on what league they find themselves in.
  • Options
    I imagine they would. Getting promoted means having to upgrade a lot of positions while being expected to pay Premier League prices. At the moment Forest have one striker who's done well but is 32, and the rest of their strikers haven't scored this season. They will need to bring in at least a couple of new strikers and Lyle is available on a free and probably won't ask for insane wages for the level. Sheff Utd showed this season how difficult it can be to bring in the right players when you've just gone up, and the result is that they've been playing with David McGoldrick up front all season, a player who just scored his first Premier League goal in July. Lyle would be a great pick up for a newly promoted side, but he might have to settle for being a back up
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    All getting very boring now. One minute he's dead to us the next he's the worst thing since the black death.
    Get a life, grow up and move on. 
    Black Death lives  matter
  • Options
    All getting very boring now. One minute he's dead to us the next he's the worst thing since the black death.
    Get a life, grow up and move on. 
    Black lives deaths matter

• Options
    https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/lyle-taylor-transfer-latest-rangers-22345773

Up to 10 clubs after him apparently including Rangers, Celtic, Burnley, West Brom, Swansea and a couple of Turkish clubs.
  • Options
    Be interesting to see the fans reaction if he signs for Galatasaray and refuses to play at any point
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Be interesting to see the fans reaction if he signs for Galatasaray and refuses to play at any point
    To be honest I doubt you would get away with it contractually at many other clubs regardless of what the fans might say/do.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    To be honest I doubt you would get away with it contractually at many other clubs regardless of what the fans might say/do.

they can't force anyone to play
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Okay, if he attempted to refuse to play
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    se9addick said:

they can't force anyone to play
    No, and I wasn’t suggesting anyone could. However they can sue you for breach of contract if you don’t fulfil your side of the bargain. 
  • Options
    dickplumb said:
    Forest. Want Lyle Taylor. Free. Talks have begun. Keen on him for either division. Not done yet but ideal for what Lamouchi wants. From our old mate Nixon.
    Knew this was going to be Nixon due to the machine gun sentence approach!
  • Options
    I know Taylor isn't actually keen on playing football, but if he went to Forest he'd be on the bench as they have Grabban.
  • Options
    Missed It said:
    angrybird said:
    To Lyle Taylor,  Just wondered how you are feeling seeing your former team mates trying desperately to avoid relegation. ... a situation you was actually part of until you decided you couldn't be bothered and walked out refusing to play.
    Yes i understand you have to consider your future and you would have left at the end of the season anyway but the least i would have expected was for you to have the decency to honour your contract.
    No doubt wherever you end up you will acquire another set of adoring fans who you will no doubt let down when you decide uve had enough and move on.
    Hopefully we will stay up but it will be no thanx to you. 
    From a very disappointed fan !

The real damage was done earlier in the season when he was out for weeks after getting injured with Montserrat.  He didn't think twice about indulging himself in international football for a total no-hope team. Getting injured for them was fine when it's on somebody else's dollar.  Getting injured when it's his own money at stake? No way Lyle is sticking his neck out for that.

Not really knowing the first thing about player contracts but could a team prepared to quadruple his wages be able to include some clause in his contract banning him from going to Montserrat on international duty?
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Missed It said:
    angrybird said:
    To Lyle Taylor,  Just wondered how you are feeling seeing your former team mates trying desperately to avoid relegation. ... a situation you was actually part of until you decided you couldn't be bothered and walked out refusing to play.
    Yes i understand you have to consider your future and you would have left at the end of the season anyway but the least i would have expected was for you to have the decency to honour your contract.
    No doubt wherever you end up you will acquire another set of adoring fans who you will no doubt let down when you decide uve had enough and move on.

The real damage was done earlier in the season when he was out for weeks after getting injured with Montserrat.  He didn't think twice about indulging himself in international football for a total no-hope team. Getting injured for them was fine when it's on somebody else's dollar.  Getting injured when it's his own money at stake? No way Lyle is sticking his neck out for that.

Not really knowing the first thing about player contracts but could a team prepared to quadruple his wages be able to include some clause in his contract banning him from going to Montserrat on international duty?
    No, I don’t think you can stop a player playing for their national team 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    MattF said:
    Missed It said:
    angrybird said:

Thought as much, just wishful thinking in my head I suspect. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    MattF said:
    Missed It said:
    angrybird said:

Unless he 'retires ' from International Football .
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    se9addick said:
    MattF said:
    Missed It said:
    angrybird said:

Think he's too proud of playing for Montserrat to do that.
  • Options
    angrybird said:
    I think what he did will tarnish his reputation at any future club anyway, as he did become a bit of a "poster boy" for footballers downing tools. They'll love his goal scoring and play, but no more than that.

He probably isn't bothered
  • Options
    angrybird said:
    I think what he did will tarnish his reputation at any future club anyway, as he did become a bit of a "poster boy" for footballers downing tools. They'll love his goal scoring and play, but no more than that.

He probably isn't bothered
    Guaranteed he won't be it's just a job, by his own admission and a means to an end.
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Richard J said:
    se9addick said:
    MattF said:
    Missed It said:
    angrybird said:

Money talks though, eh.  If they offered him the right package and said it was conditional on 'retiring' from what we have seen of his moral compass to date, he would say 'Where do I sign...' 

Charlton did mess him around with contracts which I do have sympathy for.  What I don't have sympathy for is not fulfilling a contract and allowing the kids who adored him the ability to say goodbye in these last few games.  He has really let them down.  
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Richard J said:
    se9addick said:
    MattF said:
    Missed It said:
    angrybird said:

Money talks though, eh.  If they offered him the right package and said it was conditional on 'retiring' from what we have seen of his moral compass to date, he would say 'Where do I sign...' 

Charlton did mess him around with contracts which I do have sympathy for.  What I don't have sympathy for is not fulfilling a contract and allowing the kids who adored him the ability to say goodbye in these last few games.  He has really let them down.  
    All very true and I was maybe being a little tongue in cheek. If players susceptible to injury can sign pay as you play sort of contracts then maybe there's an opportunity for Lyle to pioneer a "play when I feel like it" contract.
  • Options
    The next club he goes too will forget about this as soon as he starts banging the goals in. Football fans are fickle. As Harry Redknapp said:

"You go in and start winning football matches, they could take Saddam Hussein in there, they don’t give a monkeys do they.

“If you start winning every week they’ll be signing ‘there’s only one Saddam’.”

• Options
    The next club he goes too will forget about this as soon as he starts banging the goals in. Football fans are fickle. As Harry Redknapp said:

"You go in and start winning football matches, they could take Saddam Hussein in there, they don’t give a monkeys do they.

“If you start winning every week they’ll be signing ‘there’s only one Saddam’.”

A bit like us singing 'There's only one Matt Mouthall', if only we knew then what was to follow 😡.
  • Options
    Now I am not one for conspiracy theories usually but I read something online and its got me thinking.

We all know Mr Taylor does not really like football he has said it himself but he has also said previously there are a few people innthe game he is thankful to, and I am pretty sure one of those would ne the manager at Concord who gave him a chance after being released by Millwall and gave him the opportunity to earn all this money.

Now this is where my conspiracy theory comes in, who was the manager at Concord at the time.............

DANNY COWLEY

the current Huddersfield manager and the team who will likely survive if we get relegated due to a lack of goals