Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Options
    Now I am not one for conspiracy theories usually but I read something online and its got me thinking.

We all know Mr Taylor does not really like football he has said it himself but he has also said previously there are a few people innthe game he is thankful to, and I am pretty sure one of those would ne the manager at Concord who gave him a chance after being released by Millwall and gave him the opportunity to earn all this money.

Now this is where my conspiracy theory comes in, who was the manager at Concord at the time.............

DANNY COWLEY

the current Huddersfield manager and the team who will likely survive if we get relegated due to a lack of goals
    So what's your theory ?   :-)
    Maybe just maybe part of him thought if I dont play it will help the man who kick started my career survive in the Championship 
  • Options
    the injury sustained whilst fulfilling his hobby of playing for his international side ( a hobby he hasnt been able to enjoy until playing with us ) is what gets me i also am quite annoyed that he sat on his ass since march earning full pay whilst a lot of people in the country are struggling to make ends meet. 

the not extending his contract i get it and why hes done it - but its a pussy move and i hope he gets abused for it. 
  • Options
    I know Taylor isn't actually keen on playing football, but if he went to Forest he'd be on the bench as they have Grabban.

Did no one notice Lyle Taylor can play down the middle or out Wide ? Just like Karlan Grant.

Blimey, some bitter folk on here.
    Never realised we had so many bunny boilers.
    I prefer DaveMehmet doing his sex gags than becoming Chief inspector Dreyfus with a nervous twitch.
  • Options
    I know Taylor isn't actually keen on playing football, but if he went to Forest he'd be on the bench as they have Grabban.

Did no one notice Lyle Taylor can play down the middle or out Wide ? Just like Karlan Grant.

I prefer DaveMehmet doing his sex gags than becoming Chief inspector Dreyfus with a nervous twitch.
    You didn't read the CAFC supporter role specification, did you?
  • Options

I knew I was Charlton till I die, but not that it was a cult and we hate like religious zealots.

Now what was the recipe for that Rabbit !  
  • Options
    Missed It said:
    angrybird said:
    To Lyle Taylor,  Just wondered how you are feeling seeing your former team mates trying desperately to avoid relegation. ... a situation you was actually part of until you decided you couldn't be bothered and walked out refusing to play.
    Yes i understand you have to consider your future and you would have left at the end of the season anyway but the least i would have expected was for you to have the decency to honour your contract.
    No doubt wherever you end up you will acquire another set of adoring fans who you will no doubt let down when you decide uve had enough and move on.
    Hopefully we will stay up but it will be no thanx to you. 
    From a very disappointed fan !

The real damage was done earlier in the season when he was out for weeks after getting injured with Montserrat.  He didn't think twice about indulging himself in international football for a total no-hope team. Getting injured for them was fine when it's on somebody else's dollar.  Getting injured when it's his own money at stake? No way Lyle is sticking his neck out for that.

I know its open season but try to keep at least some semblance of rationality. No footballer wants to be injured, ever. Taylor had missed out on a big money move in summer yet despite predictions was on fire for us before he went there. He might possibly have thought that RD might sell him in Jan, either way the shop window was Charlton, not Montserrat. Further Taylor had a very jnjury free career, it must have been traumatic for him because initially it had not even seemed anything big. And he shared a club with Lewis Page so he could see how things can go. I am not at all condoning his behaviour now, but I am sure the injury influenced him. Even more, it influenced his agent, who can rot in hell. 
  • Options

I knew I was Charlton till I die, but not that it was a cult and we hate like religious zealots.

Now what was the recipe for that Rabbit !  
    Cook for 115 years.
  • Options
    Its all academic and his contract was up at the end of June but our chronic lack of goals just makes me more and more pissed off with Taylor
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    Its all academic and his contract was up at the end of June but our chronic lack of goals just makes me more and more pissed off with Taylor
    The thing is, even if he'd played up to the end of June that'd have given us a bit more flexibility with our forward line, and a few more goals to help keep the goal difference up.
    One of the many changes needed in the wake of this pandemic is to make it a clear breach of contract dor a player to refuse to play without valid reason; and the financial penalty to be applied also to the player's agent. That'll stop any kind of repeat, dead.
  • Options
    Missed It said:
    angrybird said:
    To Lyle Taylor,  Just wondered how you are feeling seeing your former team mates trying desperately to avoid relegation. ... a situation you was actually part of until you decided you couldn't be bothered and walked out refusing to play.
    Yes i understand you have to consider your future and you would have left at the end of the season anyway but the least i would have expected was for you to have the decency to honour your contract.
    No doubt wherever you end up you will acquire another set of adoring fans who you will no doubt let down when you decide uve had enough and move on.
    Hopefully we will stay up but it will be no thanx to you. 
    From a very disappointed fan !

The real damage was done earlier in the season when he was out for weeks after getting injured with Montserrat.  He didn't think twice about indulging himself in international football for a total no-hope team. Getting injured for them was fine when it's on somebody else's dollar.  Getting injured when it's his own money at stake? No way Lyle is sticking his neck out for that.

I know its open season but try to keep at least some semblance of rationality. No footballer wants to be injured, ever. Taylor had missed out on a big money move in summer yet despite predictions was on fire for us before he went there. He might possibly have thought that RD might sell him in Jan, either way the shop window was Charlton, not Montserrat. Further Taylor had a very jnjury free career, it must have been traumatic for him because initially it had not even seemed anything big. And he shared a club with Lewis Page so he could see how things can go. I am not at all condoning his behaviour now, but I am sure the injury influenced him. Even more, it influenced his agent, who can rot in hell. 
    The previous post to mine was complaining that Taylor was walking out in a relegation battle.  We got 7 points in the games he ducked, so at the end of the day it could be argued not fulfilling his contract didn't make much difference.  What has screwed Charlton's chances is his long absence earlier in the season, as result of playing third rate international football.  I would question whether Montserrat's league football is even of a standard to merit an internationally recognised team, but that's a whole other discussion.  I'm all for FIFA spreading football around the world but too often it's a vehicle for corruption with development funds disappearing into pockets they shouldn't, though I make no accusations against Montserrat in that regard.

Taylor's not daft, and I'm not buying that he found his injury traumatic.  He knows the chances of getting smashed by some caveman centre half.  He's spent most of his career in leagues where that sort of player still thrives.  The fact remains, he didn't mind risking injury playing for someone other than his actual contracted employer who have suffered as a result.  But when it came down to it, he refused to risk injury, deserted his employer and breached his contract to suit his own financial ends.  The only possible silver lining as far as I can see is that given the current state of events, he may have chosen to jump into the free agent sea just as the tide has gone out.
  • Options
    If he’d just seen out his contract he would only have appeared in the 3 games where we took 7 points .
    Plenty said if he just finished his contract he could have left a hero , I questioned that because if he played the 3 he’d get slated for missing the last 6 .
    The fella done what was best for him and not what’s best for us . He didn’t see out his contract but that finished 3 games ago 
    seeing out his contract was the absolute least he should've done
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    If he’d just seen out his contract he would only have appeared in the 3 games where we took 7 points .
    Plenty said if he just finished his contract he could have left a hero , I questioned that because if he played the 3 he’d get slated for missing the last 6 .
    The fella done what was best for him and not what’s best for us . He didn’t see out his contract but that finished 3 games ago 
    seeing out his contract was the absolute least he should've done
    100% this...and if those 7pts had turned into a 9....a complete c@/t end of...!!
  • Options
    Funny how the Brummie lad off to Germany didn't  worry about getting injured, on the eve of a big move. Doubt very much if LT if off to anywhere other that Scottish Prem
    Exactly, and he came on and helped his team grab the point that has likely saved them from relegation! Just think if we'd beaten Cardiff (Lyle last game in June) then we'd be sitting on 49 points already. 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    He's a reasonable but getting on mid table championship striker.  He looked better than he was because we had f*** all to compare him with and decent players tend to look great in shit teams.
  • Options
    Hope wherever he goes let's him take the penalties, he's due to miss at some point good job it's not with us
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Funny how the Brummie lad off to Germany didn't  worry about getting injured, on the eve of a big move. Doubt very much if LT if off to anywhere other that Scottish Prem
    A much bigger move than Lyle will ever get too.
  • Options
    I’ve got a feeling that he’s off to Bristol City, they have money to pay his desired wages 
  • Options
    Heard Preston are in for him. Would be a good fit as with a decent striker they would have challenged this year.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Out of interest, does anyone know if many players of other clubs refused to play like Taylor did? I haven't seen anything about it in the press and thought there would have been more noise if a lot of players had. Or was it just our Lyle?!
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Out of interest, does anyone know if many players of other clubs refused to play like Taylor did? I haven't seen anything about it in the press and thought there would have been more noise if a lot of players had. Or was it just our Lyle?!
    Quite a few, even in the Premier, ask Bournemouth
  • Options

Fraser at Bournemouth did i think, but Lyle was the first so dominated headlines a bit
  • Options
    a few at Hull, a few at Sheff Weds too.
  • Options
    a few at Hull, a few at Sheff Weds too.
    Those ones at least had the grace to see out their contracts at their respective clubs.