Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Options
    MattF said:
    Puts Brum 1 up at Derby 
    Forest player scores against Derby.

That will go down well.

Nice side foot finish across the keeper too.
    It must be all the EFLs fault for allowing Birmingham to sign a Forest player in time to play against Derby
  • Options
    Jesus

No Lyle isn't, he a very naughty boy who believes he can walk on water.

I miss the days he was Lyle Taylor baby but that is history and a sad part of having shite owners who turned him into a escapee from Cafc.

Will score when he is loved by home fans and hated by away fans. 
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Puts Brum 1 up at Derby 

That will go down well.

Purely in footballing terms he’s a quality player who will score plenty of goals in the Championship if he plays regularly 
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Puts Brum 1 up at Derby 

That will go down well.

Purely in footballing terms he’s a quality player who will score plenty of goals in the Championship if he plays regularly 
    🎼Lyle Taylor Baby, Lyle Taylor Oooh. Lee, Lee, Lee Bowyer🎼 The fans fell out of love with them but don’t forget the good times 😉.
  • Options
    Well done Derby County! 
  • Options
    Bielik's just ruined Lyle and Lee's afternoon. Shame.
  • Options
    Bielik's just ruined Lyle and Lee's afternoon. Shame.
    And injured himself.
  • Options
    Bielek, who writes these scripts?
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Exactly a year after Beliek was injured he comes on as a sub for Derby and scores the equaliser with the last kick of the match...in the 96th minute!!
    Just to add it was a very good game, happy to see Beliek back after 12 months out, but in scoring he has injured his shoulder!
  • Options
    Kristian Bielik  Baby ! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well done Derby County! 
    Yes yes I know but if Rooney kept them up it would be some story. 
  • Options
    The way he left still hurts. He made going to watch Charlton enjoyable. A genuine talisman, just felt with him on the pitch we were always a threat. 

Nowadays the fans content themselves by singing about the white Pele. 
    At last someone agrees with me re the stupidity of the Elliott Lee song !!!
    I agree with re the Lee song.  It’s not as bad at the Jason Euell one though. 
  • Options
    Rylo said:
    We’d still be in the Championship if he’d played out his contract. No doubt in my mind. That’s what makes all of this so much more frustrating.
    I’m not sure, we probably would have stayed up that season but I think it would have prolonged the ESI ownership which in the long run would have been disastrous. 
  • Options
    The way he left still hurts. He made going to watch Charlton enjoyable. A genuine talisman, just felt with him on the pitch we were always a threat. 

I just don’t understand how a comparison with one of the best footballers to have ever graced the game, and who scored over 500 goals in club and international matches combined, was made with a Div 3 English footballer, in a mediocre team, that is still flirting with the drop zone of Div 3 - I’m all for positive songs about our players, but this one is wide of the mark by a country mile - and yes, we sing songs saying ‘we are by far the greatest football team’ etc - but seriously……
  • Options
    The Lee song is just catchy not aimed at his excellence ! Ha 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:

I just don’t understand how a comparison with one of the best footballers to have ever graced the game, and who scored over 500 goals in club and international matches combined, was made with a Div 3 English footballer, in a mediocre team, that is still flirting with the drop zone of Div 3 - I’m all for positive songs about our players, but this one is wide of the mark by a country mile - and yes, we sing songs saying ‘we are by far the greatest football team’ etc - but seriously……
    Blimey - it’s a humorous football song that is intended to be tongue in cheek.

For the record - I’d never let Nicky Bailey ACTUALLY shag my wife, no matter how many times I sang that song. 
    You tell me now…
  • Options
    cafctom said:

For the record - I’d never let Nicky Bailey ACTUALLY shag my wife, no matter how many times I sang that song. 
    It was the wanting ginger hair bit I crossed my fingers for...  
  • Options
    edited January 2022
  • Options
    They completely blew a 0-2 lead starting from as late as 87th minute.

😁

• Options
    cafctom said:

Plus the song goes "I'd even have ginger hair too", nothing mentioned on that one.
    I was brought up on football in the 80's, I cannot take the comments seriously on how bad the behaviour of fans is now.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Plus the song goes "I'd even have ginger hair too", nothing mentioned on that one.
    I was brought up on football in the 80's, I cannot take the comments seriously on how bad the behaviour of fans is now.
    Some of the stuff in the 70s and 80s was pretty terrible.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Rylo said:
    We’d still be in the Championship if he’d played out his contract. No doubt in my mind. That’s what makes all of this so much more frustrating.
    I’m not sure, we probably would have stayed up that season but I think it would have prolonged the ESI ownership which in the long run would have been disastrous
    Agree with this, however I feel that we almost certainly would have had more interest from other investors had we been a league higher, meaning a better overall state of affairs than the current situation (I’m still happy with TS by the way, not a sign). Anyway, that’s enough of me wasting my time writing about this ex player. Onwards and upwards! 
  • Options
    Objectively speaking, to be fair to Lyle, he does at least have a personality, whether people like him or not. He is a stand out character.

I want to see him fail, because he gets on my nerves, but there's a reason why this discussion has 245 pages. 

If it wasn't for his continuous fame quest, then I don't think many people would still care about him purposefully ditching the club early for his selfish reasons. It would be more forgettable.

He wants to be a stand out character and he does deliver on that front.

If he was premier League standard and in his mid late 20s, then he would be very well known. 

Opposition fans would love abusing him even more - and he would score goals, in response.
    He probably needs bowyer on the touchline.

Lucky c*nt

• Options

It's almost as if Leko isn't taking us to the Premier League!