Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Started and scored 2 for Forest last night. I thought he was well out of favour there but now i wonder if he'll feature in the premier league.
  • Started and scored 2 for Forest last night. I thought he was well out of favour there but now i wonder if he'll feature in the premier league.
    This article still seems to think he is likely off

https://www.nottinghamforest.news/2022/07/21/nottingham-forests-best-players-in-3-1-win-over-hertha-berlin/

Fair play to him. He has had the summer to work his socks off and fight for a place in that forest starting 11. Sounds like he's giving it a go.

He's a dickhead but if he does actually achieve that then he certainly knows what he's doing. 
  • Dave2l said:
    Started and scored 2 for Forest last night. I thought he was well out of favour there but now i wonder if he'll feature in the premier league.

Fair play to him. He has had the summer to work his socks off and fight for a place in that forest starting 11. Sounds like he's giving it a go.

He's a dickhead but if he does actually achieve that then he certainly knows what he's doing. 
    you can't keep a very good player down for too long
  • I do not blame Lyle Taylor for leaving Charlton. He was under the Southhall regime. (A miracle we survived that episode). We need a goal scorer , goals with help us get promotion. Stockley is a good lad, but definitely needs a partner. I would have him back. League One is level.
    It’s covid and Lyle you can blame for his leaving .  We can maybe blame Southall that we didn’t have a few more points but Taylor chose not to play.  Stockley will not have a partner as we are not playing with 2 up front . 
  • I do not blame Lyle Taylor for leaving Charlton. He was under the Southhall regime. (A miracle we survived that episode). We need a goal scorer , goals with help us get promotion. Stockley is a good lad, but definitely needs a partner. I would have him back. League One is level.
    Same reply as other thread

southall was booted out before Taylor went on strike......just saying 
  • Sponsored links:

But Southall was the reason that Lyle didn't sign a new contract. If he had signed a new contract, as he had previously hoped, to stay at Charlton for another two or three years then I have no doubt that he would have played in all of those final games.

But Southall was the reason that Lyle didn't sign a new contract. If he had signed a new contract, as he had previously hoped, to stay at Charlton for another two or three years then I have no doubt that he would have played in all of those final games.
    Southall offered a contract that never actually made it to Taylor.
    it was never presented. 
    All chatter, as was the Southall Nimer regime.

That's irrelevant. Naby Sarr played in all 9 games with his contract expiring in the summer too
    It might not make it right in some/many people's eyes, but it isn't irrelevant.

That's irrelevant. Naby Sarr played in all 9 games with his contract expiring in the summer too
    Perhaps Naby did so well out of his 5 year contract at Charlton that he wasn't so worried about the move/deal that he could get at the end of the 19/20 season.
  • edited August 2022
    If we don't sign a striker of Lyle's quality we'll be stuck in this league for another season. I have a feeling that Sandgaard, who hasn't got any personal feelings about his actions and stands to lose £m's if we fail to get promoted, see's it the same way.
  • If we don't sign a striker of Lyle's quality we'll be stuck in this league for another season. I have a feeling that Sandgaard, who hasn't got any personal feelings about his actions and stands to lose £m's if we fail to get promoted, see's it the same way.
    I don't 
  • supaclive said:
    If we don't sign a striker of Lyle's quality we'll be stuck in this league for another season. I have a feeling that Sandgaard, who hasn't got any personal feelings about his actions and stands to lose £m's if we fail to get promoted, see's it the same way.
    I don't 
    You don't think we need a striker of Lyle's quality or you don't think TS see's it that way? 
  • supaclive said:
    I don't 
    You don't think we need a striker of Lyle's quality or you don't think TS see's it that way? 
    Some of us don't think TS sees it that way.
  • Sponsored links:

• TS would probably sign Taylor (and rightly so) but his wages will be way out of our league. My big fear is he goes to Millwall and fires them into the play-offs at the very least
  • supaclive said:
    I don't 
    TS doesn't see it that way
  • The snake will be on hugely inflated wages that will mean no club with any sense will be in for him unless its a loan and forest will be paying most of his wages 

What fans wont forget is his lack of moral fibre and rat-like character when he dropped his teammates during a fight, football forgives, we all know that. People who none of us like have always been welcomed back to the game if they are good however changing rooms that contain characters and leaders will see straight through Taylor. He will have a legitimate battle on his hands to prove he isn't going to pussy out when the going gets tough to avoid hurting himself standing on a centre halves foot 
  • buckshee said:
    I'd rather stay in league one than have this self centred cretin anywhere near our club.
    Yeah, of course you would.
  • Don’t know why Taylor is even being discussed.
    He’s in and around the 1st team at Forest currently.
    No way he’d even contemplate moving to a league 1 club
  • buckshee said:
    I'd rather stay in league one than have this self centred cretin anywhere near our club.
    Agreed 
  • CafcSCP said:
    Don’t know why Taylor is even being discussed.
    He’s in and around the 1st team at Forest currently.
    No way he’d even contemplate moving to a league 1 club
    Exactly.

Even if some want to forgive and forget (and that's  not for me, who wants a player you can't trust to turn up and play while under contract?), he'd have Championship interest (probably Birmingham for a start) if he does go out on loan.
  • Swap him In For stockley today and we’re a completely different proposition