Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Ryan Fraser's " big move" has hardly worked out for him either , bombed out to the U23s by Eddie Howe now. 
  • edited April 2023
    MarcusH26 said:
    Ryan Fraser's " big move" has hardly worked out for him either , bombed out to the U23s by Eddie Howe now. 

Ryan Fraser's 'big move' to Newcastle worked out very nicely financially but football wise his best football was played at Bournemouth.
    Both Fraser and Shelvey were not considered good enough for a team trying to be at least a top 6 club in the Premier.
    The Geordie's are ahead of schedule under Howe and could even nick a Champion's League spot. 

At least we know Lyle Taylor was at Blue water on Saturday morning and watched his brother play for Chatham Town in the afternoon. CL have Spies everywhere.

• Would he even drop down to league 1 now? I think the forest move has set him up and if he doesn't get a championship club next year, he will retire.

or he will do something to make it all about him and sign for Wimbledon for £500 a week to make sure everyone knows what a great guy he is
  • Would love Darren Pratley back.   Top fella 

No, I'm pleased  DP managed a promotion from League 2 and was unfortunate to be released because of Watson having one more season but I really don't think getting a 37 year old is progress. 
    Unless it's Messi 😀
  • Genuinely forgot about him. As have Forest clearly as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Would love Taylor to sign for a league one club next year just so that we can all let him know precisely what we think of him when he plays at the Valley. Reckon that game would put a couple of thousand in the gate with stay always coming back just to give him dogs  abuse. 
    Ignoring him would be the best thing - he  thrives on attention.
  • Would love Darren Pratley back.   Top fella 
    Must be knocking on 50 now, if that’s the case I reckon I’m in with a shout!
  • Genuinely forgot about him. As have Forest clearly as well.
    He’ll only be concerned he’s paid on time.
    I wonder what he’s on now with being in the premier league.

• edited April 2023
    Genuinely forgot about him. As have Forest clearly as well.

Not sure how accurate this is https://www.spotrac.com/epl/nottingham-forest-fc/payroll/

not bad for picking splinters out your arse and training for about 12 hours a week. 
  • Miss the haircut.
  • Lingard £200k a week!?!

Brennan Johnson £30k a week looks ridiculous in comparison
  • Harry Artur still picking up over £22k/week - wtf 
  • Brownie12 said:
    Genuinely forgot about him. As have Forest clearly as well.

Not sure how accurate this is https://www.spotrac.com/epl/nottingham-forest-fc/payroll/

not bad for picking splinters out your arse and training for about 12 hours a week. 
    Due to promotion Arter's wage is reportedly 40k, good old Lyle supposedly trousered 20k once he left us. I imagine he's way north of this now.
    Good luck to him.
  • Nottingham Forest can confirm its retained list following the conclusion of the 2022/23 Premier League campaign.

Six senior players' contracts have come to an end: André Ayew, Cafú, Jack Colback, Jesse Lingard, Jordan Smith and Lyle Taylor.

https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/2023/june/02/forest-confirm-retained-list/

• Sponsored links:

• I'm begging that he gets a Championship move. Can't handle seeing him score against us. 
  • He will not get a great welcome if he comes to the Valley and rightfully so.
  • One year of an inflated wage and now jobless. Not worked out particularly well for him. And how much has a season of zero competitive football affected his ability? 
  • Probably retire and move into punditry. I remember when he was injured he was a pundit for our 2-2 draw on TV at Fulham.
  • Croydon said:
    One year of an inflated wage and now jobless. Not worked out particularly well for him. And how much has a season of zero competitive football affected his ability? 
    I think he can retire and lead a very comfortable life on the three year contract he signed.
  • I think he'll play on.

Whilst 3 years on 15-20k seems a hell of a lot (which it is), it's not going to mean he can live the high life for the rest of his days. At best for those three years is £1.1-£1.4m in your pocket, and he'll have spent a proportion already.

He'll get a 12 month gig at Championship or more likely league one on £150k+ a year, he'll take that and kick the can down the road.