Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Is he still at Forest?

• Is he still at Forest?

Yep. Been on the bench every game so far 
  • CafcSCP said:
    Is he still at Forest?

Thankfully he's been left there each game too - Wasnt even on the bench against Grimsby in the League Cup
  • edited August 2022
  • CafcSCP said:
    Is he still at Forest?

He won't be for much longer. He's probably 5th choice striker at best now behind Awoniyi, Dennis, Johnson and Surridge. And that's if they don't buy anyone else which you wouldn't put past Forest at all.

I'm sure Taylor will be loaned out this week.
  • CafcSCP said:
    Is he still at Forest?

Thankfully he's been left there each game too - Wasnt even on the bench against Grimsby in the League Cup
    Nor today against Spurs
  • CafcSCP said:
    Is he still at Forest?

He won't be for much longer. He's probably 5th choice striker at best now behind Awoniyi, Dennis, Johnson and Surridge. And that's if they don't buy anyone else which you wouldn't put past Forest at all.

Yep - he’ll go out on loan to a Championship side this week. Just hope not Millwall 
  • CafcSCP said:
    Is he still at Forest?

Yep - he’ll go out on loan to a Championship side this week. Just hope not Millwall 
    There is more chance of us signing him than Millwall.

He will be forgiven after 2 or 3 goals for us, they will riot before half time.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    CafcSCP said:
    Is he still at Forest?

You reckon? They are really struggling this season. Absolutely nothing up front. Couple more defeats and Rowett will be gone - think he’d be very tempted by LT. 

What would their fans have against him? Think he was a non-kneeler too which they’d like!
  • Sponsored links:

• CafcSCP said:
    Is he still at Forest?

Nor today against Spurs
    Probably requested not to come on so he don't get injured for his big championship loan move this wk  :D
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    CafcSCP said:
    Is he still at Forest?

You reckon? They are really struggling this season. Absolutely nothing up front. Couple more defeats and Rowett will be gone - think he’d be very tempted by LT. 

What would their fans have against him? Think he was a non-kneeler too which they’d like!
    He has said some rather "nasty" stuff about Millwall in the past, remember he started there.
  • I do not blame Lyle Taylor for leaving Charlton. He was under the Southhall regime. (A miracle we survived that episode). We need a goal scorer , goals with help us get promotion. Stockley is a good lad, but definitely needs a partner. I would have him back. League One is level.
    Same reply as other thread

southall was booted out before Taylor went on strike......just saying 
    But Southall was the reason that Lyle didn't sign a new contract. If he had signed a new contract, as he had previously hoped, to stay at Charlton for another two or three years then I have no doubt that he would have played in all of those final games.
    It matters not one jot whether he was offered a contract or not. He didnt fulfil the contract that he HAD signed. Basically downed tools & went on strike. If he ever comes back as a player will be the day I stop going. 
    I think we need a striker and Taylor is a good one at this level. Martin and the team have to get the best player they can within budget, and if it is Taylor then so be it.

That said I don’t think there is any chance he would return.
  • edited August 2022
    Redrobo said:
    I do not blame Lyle Taylor for leaving Charlton. He was under the Southhall regime. (A miracle we survived that episode). We need a goal scorer , goals with help us get promotion. Stockley is a good lad, but definitely needs a partner. I would have him back. League One is level.

But Southall was the reason that Lyle didn't sign a new contract. If he had signed a new contract, as he had previously hoped, to stay at Charlton for another two or three years then I have no doubt that he would have played in all of those final games.
    It matters not one jot whether he was offered a contract or not. He didnt fulfil the contract that he HAD signed. Basically downed tools & went on strike. If he ever comes back as a player will be the day I stop going. 
    I think we need a striker and Taylor is a good one at this level. Martin and the team have to get the best player they can within budget, and if it is Taylor then so be it.

More chance he would return than we will have the budget, I’d guess.
  • edited August 2022
    Redrobo said:
    I do not blame Lyle Taylor for leaving Charlton. He was under the Southhall regime. (A miracle we survived that episode). We need a goal scorer , goals with help us get promotion. Stockley is a good lad, but definitely needs a partner. I would have him back. League One is level.

So Martin does buy the players?  Make your mind up.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    CafcSCP said:
    Is he still at Forest?

He has said some rather "nasty" stuff about Millwall in the past, remember he started there.
    both Lyle and myself will not be apologising
  • Taylor doesn’t like the game and it’s just a means to earn money for him.  Therefore he’ll be delighted with how it’s panned out for him - getting paid &15-20k a week to have a couple of hours kickabout with your mates every day.

no idea about Ryan Frasers character but if he’s on the £50-60k a week salary he’s rumoured to be on I reckon he’ll be ok taking the money and training with the stuffs for the next 2 years
  • The last word of that link sums him up
  • CafcSCP said:
    Is he still at Forest?

Wouldn’t have been good enough for us this season. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    CafcSCP said:
    Is he still at Forest?

This aged well 😊
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    CafcSCP said:
    Is he still at Forest?

This aged well 😊
    Have you been stewing on this for 7 months?
  • I hate having to agree with Simon Jordan again, but turd is the right word to describe all the players who refused to play the end of that season, when you consider the incredible sacrifices being made elsewhere.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    CafcSCP said:
    Is he still at Forest?

This aged well 😊
    Have you been stewing on this for 7 months?
    No. The thread resurfaced because someone commented on it. 
  • @MillwallFan - Been punting on Zak Flemming shots every week. Followed him in the Dutch division. He must have minimum of 5 shots a game from anywhere. Big payday when he decided to leave that rusty toolbox.
  • @MillwallFan - Been punting on Zak Flemming shots every week. Followed him in the Dutch division. He must have minimum of 5 shots a game from anywhere. Big payday when he decided to leave that rusty toolbox.
    Yeah, they’re talking about 20 million already. Think we have 1.5 for him. Deal of the century so far 
  • edited March 2023
    I hate having to agree with Simon Jordan again, but turd is the right word to describe all the players who refused to play the end of that season, when you consider the incredible sacrifices being made elsewhere.
    On the other hand Bowyer sought out Taylor and got him on loan from Forest to play for Birmingham, so def no hard feelings there! Personally I'd be in Howes camp and make his life a misery if I could!
  • Is this drop kick (Taylor) actually playing football for anyone at the moment?
  • Is this drop kick (Taylor) actually playing football for anyone at the moment?
    I wondered that recently. He’s not even making the bench at Forest 
    I wondered that recently. He’s not even making the bench at Forest 
    Bet he is still making the payroll though