Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• I know someone that works for The FA at St George's Park and they saw Taylor there a few weeks ago doing rehab, on what I don't know. 
  • He was the summariser on some game I was listening to on the radio the other day. 
  • Is this drop kick (Taylor) actually playing football for anyone at the moment?
    I wondered that recently. He’s not even making the bench at Forest 
    He can't - he's not in their 25 man squad.

Neither is Arter who's still there.
  • He got injured in training which ruled out a loan move in January 
  • Saw him at Bluewater on Saturday which i thought was a bit odd. Perhaps he never got a buyer on his house 🤣
  • He's 33 and hasn't played a professional game in almost 12 months. Lower championship /league one next season for him 
  • Sponsored links:

• He's 33 and hasn't played a professional game in almost 12 months. Lower championship /league one next season for him 

From big school to pre school having barely kicked a ball.
  • Didn't he say he had fell out of love with football when he was with us, that was ages ago now so why would we go back? He is out of his prime and doesn't give a shit.
  • Always thought he was a talented player - such a waste. Shame he is such a knobhead.
  • Sponsored links:

• He's had his time here, he went for his big money move, he will probably get a gig in the championship, or help a big name team to get promoted out of league one, could get pelters if he comes back to the valley to play against us next season.
  • Taylor / Leaburn to fire us up with 40+ goals between them

I'd forget everything just to get out of this poxy league
    would love to see that once RedBull have taken over
  • edited April 2023
    Didn't he say he had fell out of love with football when he was with us, that was ages ago now so why would we go back? He is out of his prime and doesn't give a shit.
    He doesn’t particularly like football at all.  He told me he doesn’t follow a team and doesn’t like the game - he just likes scoring different goals.I guess he’s an attention whore and enjoys being centre of attention - hence his unusual penalty technique

as much as his decision to leave infuriated me at the time you could argue he’s done well out of it as he has probably made enough money now to go and live like a Demi-god in Montserrat .  Or enough to be pretty comfortable anywhere in the Uk for the rest of his days
  • The sad thing is both Lyle Taylor and Scott Parker would be welcomed back to the Valley if only both had played out the season. 
    Taylor had 9 games to see out after Covid and Parker could have helped Charlton finish in a European position if he hadn't left in January.

Having seen how it's all about getting a contract for young academy players I also saw that journeyman footballers like Lyle Taylor wanted one big contract before injury or age stopped that happening.

Football isn't like an ordinary job where if you have a crap employer you seek new employment; if that was the case, Lyle Taylor baby would have gone with our blessing. 
    Despite the arsehole that was and is Matt Southall, most players saw out their contract with the extension because of the 9 game mini season after Covid shutdown.

In the sliding doors alternative, both Taylor and Parker are revered.

If only...

Unfair comparison as Parker left during a transfer window, a time when players move clubs. We had the whole window to find a replacement. I'm sure we've benefited from players forcing a move as well.

Taylor downed tools at a time when we couldn't replace him.
  • edited April 2023
    The sad thing is both Lyle Taylor and Scott Parker would be welcomed back to the Valley if only both had played out the season. 

The above is the comparison and unless you were at Fulham and heard Scott called a greedy cunt a thousand times and Some Cafc families slapping each other you may not be aware of the polar opposite views.
    (Along the row from me)

The same thing happened at the Valley but I'm not aware if Charlton fans started slapping each other !

• edited April 2023
    I think he’ll struggle to get a gig at championship level. He’s not 29 and running a round like a madman anymore like he was when he was our talisman. He’s 33, hasn’t kicked a ball in anger for yonks, didn’t really cut it at championship level and I suspect will still fancy himself to get a last hoorah big money deal. I wouldn’t touch him with a barge pole. He also has a track record of downing tools. He’d better have a damn good agent. 
  • Ryan Fraser refused the mini extension on his contract at Bournemouth and they got relegated as well. He said he had to be selfish or else the big contract wouldn't happen at Newcastle. He said he was gutted that Cherries were relegated which unless I missed it we never heard regrets from Taylor about Cafc relegation.
    10 points from a possible 27 would've kept Cafc in the Championship. 

Fraser said he would've played if it was a normal season that finished in May and honoured his contract at Bournemouth.
    No surprise that Fraser gets pelters by Bournemouth fans.
  • Ryan Fraser refused the mini extension on his contract at Bournemouth and they got relegated as well. He said he had to be selfish or else the big contract wouldn't happen at Newcastle. He said he was gutted that Cherries were relegated which unless I missed it we never heard regrets from Taylor about Cafc relegation.
    10 points from a possible 27 would've kept Cafc in the Championship. 

Fraser said he would've played if it was a normal season that finished in May and honoured his contract at Bournemouth.
    No surprise that Fraser gets pelters by Bournemouth fans.
    Taylor never seemed to give a shit about what he done

He is a snake and if he ever came back to SE7 I wouldn't bother with the team until he was gone.