Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Options
    Lyle Taylor let himself and the Cambridge down-  highlights show Iredale hauling him back (off the ball ) as they come into camera  shot and LT takes matters into his own hands with an inside lower arm swipe to the back of Iredales  head. They end up on the ground and it looks like LT kicks out at Iredale though allsorts could be happening in that bundle.

LT in the wrong and sent off. ?Iredle booked.

Guess that Taylor would say you can  just be a doormat or stand up for yourself.
    You can twat opponents in the head and get sent off, or you can not twat opponents in the head and avoid getting sent off.
    mind you Iredale, Taylor's  'victim' is an annoying tw** as he also showed on Saturday, .. still no excuse as Cambs were still in with a glimmer of a chance even that late in the game .. Bolton certainly know how to play the referee
    Is he the guy that held his head for our third despite his head not being touched?

I like him, without him being a dick, we might have lost
  • Options
    Lots of players are annoying tw*ts.
    And deliberately so. So much so the real twat is the one that fell for it, got sent off and has to now serve a three match ban for being one. It's not as if, he's an apprentice is it - his ego got the better of him and he really couldn't give two hoots about the consequences for the club he is playing for or, for that matter, being paid by. They should dock his pay for the time he is out though we know if they did then he would just go on strike.  
  • Options
    edited February 21
    Lyle Taylor let himself and the Cambridge down-  highlights show Iredale hauling him back (off the ball ) as they come into camera  shot and LT takes matters into his own hands with an inside lower arm swipe to the back of Iredales  head. They end up on the ground and it looks like LT kicks out at Iredale though allsorts could be happening in that bundle.

LT in the wrong and sent off. ?Iredle booked.

Guess that Taylor would say you can  just be a doormat or stand up for yourself.
    You can twat opponents in the head and get sent off, or you can not twat opponents in the head and avoid getting sent off.
    mind you Iredale, Taylor's  'victim' is an annoying tw** as he also showed on Saturday, .. still no excuse as Cambs were still in with a glimmer of a chance even that late in the game .. Bolton certainly know how to play the referee
    Is he the guy that held his head for our third despite his head not being touched?

I like him, without him being a dick, we might have lost
    he is and he's still wearing the Rab C Nesbitt bandage
  • Options
    We play Cambridge in mid-April. He'll bloody go and score as will Bonne knowing our luck. Taylor got 2 at the weekend.  :/
    Here’s hoping Harris takes him with him.
  • Options
    gmantaxi said:
    Harris will sign him for Pwoper facking Wall next season, remember where you heard it first .
    well I didn't see 1st part this happening so quickly- anymore predictions?
  • Options
    Lots of players are annoying tw*ts.
    And deliberately so. So much so the real twat is the one that fell for it, got sent off and has to now serve a three match ban for being one. It's not as if, he's an apprentice is it - his ego got the better of him and he really couldn't give two hoots about the consequences for the club he is playing for or, for that matter, being paid by. They should dock his pay for the time he is out though we know if they did then he would just go on strike.  
    We saw this weakness in LT when he was with us . I remember a bundle in the penalty spot in front of the Covered end, where he kicked out when on the ground.Can't remember the opposition. If he could sort out his personality he would be perfect . Never a fan of this stuff, but  as striker in Div 1, he's good.
    Anyway as I had said before-let's see at the end of the season. The lack of a manager at Cambridge, his ban, and a tough run of fixtures I think  they may be well in the mire by 4/5 games time. So he will have helped us avoid relegation!! 
  • Options
    Accrington was the game, Grant got a injury time penalty.
  • Options
    Taylor will probably apply & if he gets it will award himself a 10 year playing contract.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 23
    iaitch said:
    Accrington was the game, Grant got a injury time penalty.
    Remembered also for the Accrington keeper getting sent off and the bile spewed by their players at the linesman that gave the decision for the penalty. They were a horrible team of kickers and moaners. 
    Another guy, Finlay I think, he was at the back of the melee but was reaching through to scrape his studs on Taylor.

Sure he picked up a ban.
  • Options
    Am I correct I thinking that the Accrington red was overturned.
    mute point about his red for kicking out if so.
    I don’t remember him being a dirty player.
    shithousery was his forte. Especially opposing fans
  • Options
    CafcSCP said:
    Am I correct I thinking that the Accrington red was overturned.
    mute point about his red for kicking out if so.
    I don’t remember him being a dirty player.
    shithousery was his forte. Especially opposing fans
    Definitely got a ban, that's why Karlan Grant took the penalty away to Peterborough (which he missed).
  • Options
    Just noticed his stats  since he has returned to League 1 with Wycombe then Cambridge.
    Played 17 Scored 3  Sent off 1

My mate went to the Lincoln mauling of Cambridge mid week. I asked him how did Taylor play? Terrible he laughed and said the substitute Bonne was even worse.

Dont  think you will see either of them in League 1 next season even if Cambridge stay up.
    I’ve been assuming Bonne will be playing in a pub league for years now, bloke must have the best agent in English football to keen getting a league club. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Just noticed his stats  since he has returned to League 1 with Wycombe then Cambridge.

My mate went to the Lincoln mauling of Cambridge mid week. I asked him how did Taylor play? Terrible he laughed and said the substitute Bonne was even worse.

Dont  think you will see either of them in League 1 next season even if Cambridge stay up.
    I’ve been assuming Bonne will be playing in a pub league for years now, bloke must have the best agent in English football to keen getting a league club. 
    No great surprise that given your own assessment that Carlisle are of pub league standard 🤣
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    se9addick said:

No great surprise that given your own assessment that Carlisle are of pub league standard 🤣
    ?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Bonne was very lucky getting a L1 gig, surprised Harris rated him enough at Gillingham to want to move him up a league.

No surprise he's got 0 in 10 for Cambridge so far.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    swordfish said:
    se9addick said:

?
    Based on your post match comment about Carlisle at the weekend! I don't agree that there are league teams and players, who are professionals, who are no better than pub league standard, so we must agree to differ on that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

Bonne was very lucky getting a L1 gig, surprised Harris rated him enough at Gillingham to want to move him up a league.

No surprise he's got 0 in 10 for Cambridge so far.
    Totally agree
  • Options

I thought LT looked sluggish in the highlights and didn't react to danger for 5th (or was it 6th?)
  • Options

His spark and desire to play disappeared as soon as he signed his Forest contract, everything he does since then is just to keep him ticking over

Disagree. Still a threat as this level as shown with a brace at Shrewsbury in February. Usually 14/1 to score 2 in any game, which is good value, in my opinion. As long as the legs hold out i think the hunger will always be there, unless another difficult contract situation comes along of course. 
  • Options
    The bloke is an absolute  “see you next Tuesday” 
  • Options

His spark and desire to play disappeared as soon as he signed his Forest contract, everything he does since then is just to keep him ticking over

Disagree. Still a threat as this level as shown with a brace at Shrewsbury in February. Usually 14/1 to score 2 in any game, which is good value, in my opinion. As long as the legs hold out i think the hunger will always be there, unless another difficult contract situation comes along of course. 
    3 in 17, if you take away that brace and it’s 1 in 16 . Either way it’s a dreadful return for a striker. That said he will probably end up scoring against Charlton.
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    se9addick said:
    swordfish said:
    se9addick said:

?
    Based on your post match comment about Carlisle at the weekend! I don't agree that there are league teams and players, who are professionals, who are no better than pub league standard, so we must agree to differ on that.
    Ah right, I doubt I was speaking literally, it’s a turn of phrase.