Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Options
    edited April 11
    cafctom said:
    Not a criticism of him, but I reckon he'll not attend the game as he'll know the abuse that will come from the away end.
    Alternatively, he will absolutely love the attention…
    And opening a monthly cheque of about 100k.

I'm in the minority but cannot bring myself to dislike him for previous events.

At Cambridge? Righto. Lucky if he clears £2K a week I would think.
  • Options
    edited April 12
    cafctom said:
    Not a criticism of him, but I reckon he'll not attend the game as he'll know the abuse that will come from the away end.

At Cambridge? Righto. Lucky if he clears £2K a week I would think.
    Thought he was on loan from Forest.  Just seen that is not the case, however, last season he would have been on BIG money.
  • Options
    Clever ruse by their mansger?
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Yep. I mean how bad could the “abuse” from Charlton fans really be? Some guys singing nasty songs about you from a safe distance away? I don’t think he would care a jot and more likely revel in the spotlight being on him one last time in his fading and unfulfilled career. 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Taylor once again protecting himself for his big money move in the summer.

I hear Bromley are interested 😄
    Pre school 
    He's turned into Benjamin Button?
  • Options
    You know if Taylor played he would take 94 mins of abuse then score  the winner …. So good job he bottled it 
  • Options
  • Options
    Wouldn’t surprise me one bit.😡
  • Options
    edited April 12
    Ya know what, Taylor would probably have taken any abuse from the away end as some sort of perverse adulation, bet he loves hearing the "We would have stayed up if he played stuff"...🙄
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    J BLOCK said:
    He will 100% attend, he absolutely loves the attention. 
    Agree...gives him a chance to pull immature faces.
  • Options
    follett said:
    cafctom said:

I've always been one who rarely has problem with a player leaving or playing shit. I don't think there's many ex players I have a problem with. Even Bonne, he tried, he was just not a good footballer, didn't know how to handle the abuse and bit back at fans and I can understand that.

Taylor on the other hand, refused to see out the season for us, purely out of his own self interest. The club and fans gave him everything and he disrespected the club solely to pursue his own self interest. How often in football do players refuse to play ahead of the summer so they can secure a move away from a club? He would have got the move anyway.
    He was our best player and main goal threat. We were left with Bonne and Davison up front, which is so far away from what is a capable league one attack let alone a championship attack. We went down with the last kick of the season and although it's easy to say, very likely would have stayed up if he played. 

Imagine now, Szmodics decides to refuse to play Blackburn's last few games of the season, because he is worried he might pick up an injury ahead of summer. Its just not going to happen, a real professional would never do that. 
    Would be especially weird as his contract isn't running out, but I get your point!!
  • Options
    follett said:
    cafctom said:

I've always been one who rarely has problem with a player leaving or playing shit. I don't think there's many ex players I have a problem with. Even Bonne, he tried, he was just not a good footballer, didn't know how to handle the abuse and bit back at fans and I can understand that.

Taylor on the other hand, refused to see out the season for us, purely out of his own self interest. The club and fans gave him everything and he disrespected the club solely to pursue his own self interest. How often in football do players refuse to play ahead of the summer so they can secure a move away from a club? He would have got the move anyway.
    He was our best player and main goal threat. We were left with Bonne and Davison up front, which is so far away from what is a capable league one attack let alone a championship attack. We went down with the last kick of the season and although it's easy to say, very likely would have stayed up if he played. 

Imagine now, Szmodics decides to refuse to play Blackburn's last few games of the season, because he is worried he might pick up an injury ahead of summer. Its just not going to happen, a real professional would never do that. 
    This all day long.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Attended Wimbledon v Charlton a couple of years ago at Plough Lane, whilst a Forest player. Sat high up in the main stand and clearly enjoyed being the centre of attention. 

• Options
    se9addick said:
    cafctom said:
    Yep. I mean how bad could the “abuse” from Charlton fans really be? Some guys singing nasty songs about you from a safe distance away? I don’t think he would care a jot and more likely revel in the spotlight being on him one last time in his fading and unfulfilled career. 
    The away end at Cambridge is a long way from the pitch, so even if he had been playing he would have been a long distance away from the Charlton fans 
  • Options
    follett said:
    cafctom said:

Imagine now, Szmodics decides to refuse to play Blackburn's last few games of the season, because he is worried he might pick up an injury ahead of summer. It’s just not going to happen, a real professional would never do that. 
    It wasn’t just that he refused to see out the season. It was a weird time and I think the season finished after his contract technically expired. But he didn’t play after football restarted, even in the games that took place pre-June 30th, despite being under contract. 

I have always thought that if the club had been in a better place there’s no way we would have let two players (three if you include that guy on loan from Birmingham), one very important to out survival, just refuse to play with no consequences. 
  • Options
    Unfortunately😁 Taylor is injured 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:

Yeah I’m sure he is…🤥,as someone said above,prob left his teammates to do the dirty work of staying up,while he can say “not my fault “ & this decision of his,just keeps up the attention he craves,without being ridiculed if he makes a fuck up on the pitch…fookin snake…
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    It would be funny if he turned up to watch from the away end!
  • Options
    Blimey we still going on about Taylor?
    Let it go.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Supposedly. 🤥🤥🤥
  • Options
    Will still be taking my snake tomorrow 

He will 100% be there his ego is to big to no make an appearance 

Either pre match or half time he will find a way to get on the pitch for some ceremony or some  bullshit but he will have to show his face
  • Options
    Hope he scores! What did he do wrong? 
    Would anyone here put the company they work for ahead of their own personal gain? 
    Contract or not, it was agreed between the employee and the manager that he would not work anymore.

Could of gone on the sick/injured as many do before starting a new job but he was actually quite open and honest about the reasons he would not work any longer.
    Big Up Lyle! You were a Charlton Hero during your time here!
    And his point is now proven as he is now back in league 1 playing for Cambridge!
  • Options
    Would anyone here put the company they work for ahead of their own personal gain? 
    Contract or not, it was agreed between the employee and the manager that he would not work anymore.

Could of gone on the sick/injured as many do before starting a new job but he was actually quite open and honest about the reasons he would not work any longer.
    And his point is now proven as he is now back in league 1 playing for Cambridge!

Had a once in a lifetime opportunity and he took it!