Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Colombia v England - Tues 3rd July 7pm

Comments

• Options
    Well I don't know about you guys but I feel f--king sh-t today. Greenwich was buzzing last night.
  • Options

Well I don't know about you guys but I feel f--king sh-t today. Greenwich was buzzing last night.

Bloody Vuvuzelas are everywhere since that 2010 World Cup!!
  • Options
    Still can't quite believe we won a shootout. All feels a bit like a dream.
  • Options

RedChaser said:

Anyone see Pickford and Dier interviews on Itv , I genuinely couldn’t properly understand Pickford in his broken northern English

Works both ways. I live in the north and they don't always understand my beautiful south-east London accent.
    Picking them up on how to say 'bus' and 'book' gets them going :wink: .
    And 'bath' and trying to teach them how to use plurals or not saying 'us' when they mean 'I'.
    I just confuse the norvern monkeys with rhyming slang - that soon has then scratching their heads.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    bobmunro said:

RedChaser said:

Anyone see Pickford and Dier interviews on Itv , I genuinely couldn’t properly understand Pickford in his broken northern English

Works both ways. I live in the north and they don't always understand my beautiful south-east London accent.
    Picking them up on how to say 'bus' and 'book' gets them going :wink: .
    And 'bath' and trying to teach them how to use plurals or not saying 'us' when they mean 'I'.
    I just confuse the norvern monkeys with rhyming slang - that soon has then scratching their heads.
    I always have a pair of tweezers handy in case they get splinters. I'm very caring you know. :wink:
  • Options
    edited July 2018

Pickford doesn't look like a real goalkeeper, his positioning is all over the shop, he looks small (though apparently 6' 1") and generally unathletic.

We all got carried away after spanking a poor Panama, but my god that Belgium game was a return to business as usual for England playing tournament football. Like Charlton in recent years, no strength in depth, and probably only Kane is truly world class.

I know I predicted failure to get out of the group, but I can't see a win against Colombia.

Fancy a little bet for The Upbeats? I've got a tenner that says we'll win. @EveshamAddick
    Yes, why not....
    The Upbeats will be happy with their winnings @EveshamAddick
  • Options
    Just sobering up!
  • Options
    i was thinking that it was a bit too comfortable - when is it ever comfortable?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Just sobering up!

I'LL TRY NOT TO SHOUT THEN :wink:
  • Options
    Leuth said:

supaclive said:

Drop Sterling. You can't have an attacking midfielder who has scored twice in 45 games. Sorry but that just isn't good enough. Marcus Rashford to play with the first team or Vardy who created more for himself and others in 32 minutes than Raheem did in 88.

If you can't see how England looked more dangerous with Sterling on the pitch, I don't know what to say. He had a poor game but he's so much better than the alternatives
    Every time he has the chance to play the decisive ball, he can't
    Every time he has the chance to score, he doesn't

I'm sorry but his job is to create chances for others and score goals. He does neither.

You can say what you like, but the stats don't lie!
  • Options
    everyone feeling rough now , imagine how you're gonna feel on Sunday .Saturday is gonna be the biggest piss up in years
  • Options

Just sobering up!

Don't think I'm going to be doing that today tbh, I feel absolutely awful.

But who cares, it's coming home!!!
  • Options
    supaclive said:

Leuth said:

supaclive said:

Drop Sterling. You can't have an attacking midfielder who has scored twice in 45 games. Sorry but that just isn't good enough. Marcus Rashford to play with the first team or Vardy who created more for himself and others in 32 minutes than Raheem did in 88.

If you can't see how England looked more dangerous with Sterling on the pitch, I don't know what to say. He had a poor game but he's so much better than the alternatives

I'm sorry but his job is to create chances for others and score goals. He does neither.

How do you know what his job is? Surely his job is whatever Southgate tells him to do?
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Loving the digital age where we can see the trials and tribulations of all English walks of life going through that last night.

Though it must be so much more daunting for the players seeing on Facebook and Twitter etc the kind of effect they are having around the country.
    The likes of Waddle,Pearce and Southgate never had that kind of pressure with an England shirt on their backs.
  • Options
    WSS said:

supaclive said:

Leuth said:

supaclive said:

How do you know what his job is? Surely his job is whatever Southgate tells him to do?
    So his job is to not create chances for others or score goals?

:-)
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    This made me laugh. Luckily Dier was more accurate with the penalty.

https://twitter.com/Reidoscript/status/1014283891220406273?s=19
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    supaclive said:

WSS said:

supaclive said:

Leuth said:

supaclive said:

So his job is to not create chances for others or score goals?

:-)
    He can create chances for others by keeping two defenders busy!!

But I get your point.

• Options
    Also just read that Vardy was due to take the fifth pen but has a groin strain and is doubtful for Sweden.
  • Options
    Before the penalties started the TV was saying here that England had only won one out of eight previous shootouts (beating Spain in 96). Without looking it up I can only remember six times we lost previously - 90, 96, 98, 04, 06 and 12 (grim reading eh). Am I missing one or was the TV wrong? Doesn't really matter anyway as we finally won!
  • Options
    edited July 2018

Before the penalties started the TV was saying here that England had only won one out of eight previous shootouts (beating Spain in 96). Without looking it up I can only remember six times we lost previously - 90, 96, 98, 04, 06 and 12 (grim reading eh). Am I missing one or was the TV wrong? Doesn't really matter anyway as we finally won!

West Germany (1990)
    Spain (W) | Germany (L) - (1996)
    Argentina (1998)
    Portugal (2004 / 2006)
    Italy (2012)
    Colombia (W) - (2018)

So its two wins in eight shootouts
  • Options
    WSS said:

supaclive said:

Leuth said:

supaclive said:

Probably a fair assumption that an attacking midfielder who sometimes plays as a second striker is in the side to create chances and score goals!
  • Options
    edited July 2018

Also just read that Vardy was due to take the fifth pen but has a groin strain and is doubtful for Sweden.

Fair play to Dier then.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Me too. I would have brought on Rashford earlier, but I trust Southgate. of course he will make errors but he doesn't have the benefit of hindsight. He knows what he is doing and that is more than can be said for some previous England managers.

Dier would have been next on the list. It isn't a case of putting your hand up anymore!
  • Options

Just sobering up!

Amateur... The real forward thinkers amongst us have volunteered to go out and get the desk lunch and have mistakenly walked into a pub
  • Options
    Sterling really does divide opinion doesn't he.
    Personally I don't think he scores enough goals or create enough chances.
    But i will be the first to say I'm wrong if he scores and helps us beat Sweden.