Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tour de France (2023 from p54)

Comments

• JamesSeed said:
    That’s one of the best stages of recent years. Brilliant racing, Alaphilippe cracked, Thomas bounced back, superb from S. Yates and Pinot. Superb. 
    Thoroughly enjoyed it. 
  • Alaphilippe finally shows some weakness
  • edited July 2019
    Bloody brilliant stage today!!

Thomas (SOMEHOW!!) and Pinot are the real winners from today

God knows how this'll go now

Really glad there isnt another TT, this'll be decided on who has the best legs and the best nerve!!
  • Next Saturday is going to be massive!!! 
  • Next Saturday is going to be massive!!! 
    Thursday’s going to be the big day: Vars, Izoard, and Galibier ... can’t wait. 
  • stonemuse said:
    Next Saturday is going to be massive!!! 

• Forgive my ignorance guys, its an acronym i see a lot  - GC - what does it stand for?
  • General Classification.

It's French for the winner.
  • edited July 2019
    Forgive my ignorance guys, its an acronym i see a lot  - GC - what does it stand for?
    General Classification. Basically the bloke who finishes the whole race in the shortest amount of time.
  • Addickted said:
    stonemuse said:

Oh my sweet lordie lord!!

Thank god I'll be working from home that day!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Addickted said:
    stonemuse said:

Me too. One not to be missed. 
  • stonemuse said:
    Addickted said:
    stonemuse said:

Me too. One not to be missed. 
    Thank god I am going to be sick that day! 
  • Addickted said:
    stonemuse said:

Thank god I'll be working from home that day!!                                                                                                     That is a brutal day, still think Saturday will decide it on the final climb. Its just so close this year, what a great tour.... And yes I am working from home too 😍 😍 😍

• There are many events within the Tout. King of the Mountains, best at Sprint finisher ire most stage wins. best young rider. GC is the rider who cumulatively has the lowest time over 3 weeks.
  • Sorry but Wiggins was a track cyclist in 2007. Didn't join Sky until 2010. Stop confusing the issue with your greater knowledge of cycling!!!
      I think finally you should heed your own advice to others.  He rode for Credit Agricole, Cofidis and Garmin before Sky: finished 3/4 with Garmin in TDF.  Even with your phenomenally off-whack cycling comments and knowledge you must know some Track cycling skills/directly transfer to prologues and Time Trials: especially in Wiggins's track disciplines.  Even you must be aware of Boardman's stint in yellow after winning a Tour prologue.  Here's a few links to photos of Wiggins track and TT position:

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/latest-news/olympics-2008-track-day-one-in-pictures-93567

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/racing/tour-de-france/wiggins-special-yellow-tour-de-france-time-trial-skinsuit-41321

I gave you the hint to use the procyclingstats website so you could check and correct your wholly incorrect statements before posting.  I'll now just immerse and enjoy the Tour, fully ignoring your comments.  Go Pinot!  Go Buchman! Don't fall over again Thomas!
  • Interesting that Peter Sagan said on the ITV4 Highlights that the CPA needed to protect the riders in this heat what with the Alps tomorrow

A true reflection or is that just Sagan really not looking forward to the Alps
  • Interesting that Peter Sagan said on the ITV4 Highlights that the CPA needed to protect the riders in this heat what with the Alps tomorrow

A true reflection or is that just Sagan really not looking forward to the Alps
    The former 
  • Can't they work from home?
  • Bloody ridiculous that Luke Rowe disqualified... that was all down to Tony Martin. 

Very disappointed. 
  • Sponsored links:

• So 2nd and 3rd lose their team captains and are not allowed to appeal. I wonder who is 4th? mmmmmmm
  • Team INEOS and Team Jumbo-Visma have tonight released a joint statement, following the disqualification of Luke Rowe and Tony Martin:

We believe this is a very harsh decision by the race commissaries and against the spirit of what has been such a fantastic race to date. It was the sort of incident that merits a fine and a warning but certainly not expulsion from the race - a ‘yellow card’ but not a ‘red’. Luke and Tony recognised it for what it was - a minor spat on the road at the end of a sweltering day in the saddle. It didn’t affect any other rider and it didn’t disadvantage any other team. They rode to the end of the stage together where they both shook hands. There was no ill will and they clearly still have a lot of respect for one another. We believe it is unjust that their Tour could come to an end over something like this at this point in the race.
  • It's a French race and the French make the rules.
  • It's a French race and the French make the rules.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.
  • The Tour for Alaphilippe and Pinot could easily be decided tomorrow

JA I dont think will be able to keep up on the second climb whilst Leroy has already mentioned that Pinot struggles when it gets warm

Well tomorrow is without doubt going to be that
  • Meanwhile both G and Kruijswijk lose key super domestics the day before three consecutive days in The Alps.

Why don't they just give Pinot a motorbike.
  • Unless there's other footage or previous we don't know about, and the Ineos statements suggests not, that was a suspiciously harsh  penalty. 
  • edited July 2019
    Started when Bennett ran Thomas off the road. Rowe then pushed into line to get Thomas back into position, Martin cut him up, then Rowe pushed him or grabbed a handful of jersey. 

Dreadful decision by the comms, who will now face accusations that they've done it to fuck Thomas and Bernal over with two Frenchmen standing to gain the most advantage from it (The Panzerwagen is dialling it in as his career winds down and wouldn't be anywhere near the front tomorrow after the neutralised zone, whilst Rowe is road captain for Skineos and crucial to the way they ride to the bottom of the first climb in each stage). Even if there's nothing underhand to it and it's just a shit decision, someone should have told them to guve their heads a wobble before they made it, cos it looks sus.
  • edited July 2019
    Its racing, physical contact is part of riding in the bunch, just as bad as the decision to DQ Sagan the other year. 
  • edited July 2019
    I have always had an inate hatred of Sport Administrators, few who have competed at the level they are officiating.