Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The rise of the vegans.

Comments

• Options
    Off_it said:
    I've never understood why people who don't want to eat meat for ethical or animal welfare reasons then want to eat something that looks and/or tastes like meat. Just eat something else, rather than these "meat substitutes".

Also, I know that things have advanced massively over the years, but the "Pepperoni" on that pizza above looks like a bit of cardboard. Good luck to whoever's eating that, and that's before you worry about what's actually in it!

Why do lesbians use dildos?
    What on earth are you doing with your veggie sausages!?
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    I've never understood why people who don't want to eat meat for ethical or animal welfare reasons then want to eat something that looks and/or tastes like meat. Just eat something else, rather than these "meat substitutes".

Also, I know that things have advanced massively over the years, but the "Pepperoni" on that pizza above looks like a bit of cardboard. Good luck to whoever's eating that, and that's before you worry about what's actually in it!

Because deep, deep down, they all love it.

Because, we/they like the taste/feeling, but not the source
  • Options
    Amazing.... 
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Because deep, deep down, they all love it.

Because, we/they like the taste/feeling, but not the source
    you like the taste of dildos?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

That actually looks quite appetising, usually not a fan of fake chikcen. How was it?
  • Options
    Really good, chucked it on a stir fry added hoisin.

So tasty.
  • Options
    You doing this just for the month @Dazzler21 or this a permanent change?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Just the month, but some meat replacement options will come into midweek meals. 

Basically aiming to reduce to 1 or 2 meat containing meals per week from Saturday. May even phase out those over time.  

All other meals will be vegetarian. I'm done with being vegan for at least 11 months.
  • Options
    Yeah, that Not Chicken is really good. I've had it in stir fries and curries - really hard pressed to tell the difference. Nothing like the bland, beige taste of Quorn. I think me and Carter have both banged on about the vegan shawarma before - but that's so good it makes me drool thinking about it
  • Options
    When I ordered a broccoli, cauliflower and cheese pie in the 40th minute I was told they had sold out of ‘the vegetarian stuff’.

Fear my month sabbatical from meat is about to end with a horrid cheeky saveloy :-(
  • Options
    When I ordered a broccoli, cauliflower and cheese pie in the 40th minute I was told they had sold out of ‘the vegetarian stuff’.

Fear my month sabbatical from meat is about to end with a horrid cheeky saveloy :-(
    I thought it was May you were going gay for?
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    I’ve been fairly open minded about all this since this thread began. I’m always keen to give new things a go and it has got me thinking a bit more about things I don’t generally give any thought to.

That's why this year I have decided to "Go Gay for May". I will give you daily updates of how this goes, but if anyone has any tips (ooeer) they would like to share - or even the whole thing - then PM me.  

That's very free spirited of you @AFKABartram. Good luck!
    There you go .....
  • Options
    Doing a bit of research on Russell Martin, the ex Norwich & Scotland player, now managing MK Dons and found this in wiki ..

'Martin has been a vegan since 2014, initially for health reasons as he sought to manage issues with ulcerative colitis. He has established a charitable foundation in his hometown of Brighton, initially set up as a football academy. He is also a part-owner of Erpingham House, the largest vegan restaurant in the UK. In a 2018 interview he stated that he had joined the Green Party of England and Wales.'
  • Options
    I just came across this article. 
    As an almost 60yr old who has been on a plant based diet half my life, I would like to say, who am I to argue? 
    There are added benefits it seems. 
  • Options
    I've got a load of meat in the freezer to use up but once that is gone i'm going to go almost veggie, I will occasionally have some meat if say I go out to dinner but I am going to not buy any meat products, there's no chance I could not have milk & cheese though 
  • Options
    Would not
  • Options
    before switching to non-dairy milk I used to have half dairy, half non on my cereal, and then switched fully. Bit like going semi-skimmed as a step to skimmed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2020
    As an almost 60yr old who has been on a plant based diet half my life, I would like to say, who am I to argue? 

James Wilks, the guy who made Game Changers and is a fully signed up member of the plant based people has since said that if you eat wild meat that has eaten a natural diet and regularly exercised (part of living in the wild) then that meat is of such high quality that it is no less healthy than a plant based diet.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Salad said:
    before switching to non-dairy milk I used to have half dairy, half non on my cereal, and then switched fully. Bit like going semi-skimmed as a step to skimmed.
    Straight to oat milk for me. Nothing else is nearly as good. Oatly is my current favourite.

Made that change maybe a year ago. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

James Wilks, the guy who made Game Changers and is a fully signed up member of the plant based people has since said that if you eat wild meat that has eaten a natural diet and regularly exercised (part of living in the wild) then that meat is of such high quality that it is no less healthy than a plant based diet.
    But I bet that he can't get a hard on as stonking as mine. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

so that's how we're deciding which diet is better for you is it, a boner-off?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Are we talking just length, girth or hardness? Or simply the ability for it to just work.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Are we talking just length, girth or hardness? Or simply the ability for it to just work.
    whist i'm no expert on competitive boner-ing i'd imagine there would be a number of categories, a bit like the Oscars 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Salad said:
    Straight to oat milk for me. Nothing else is nearly as good. Oatly is my current favourite.

Made that change maybe a year ago. 

Oatly is absolutely delicious
  • Options