Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The rise of the vegans.

Comments

• Options
    Almond milk, quite good for you, but horrible for water use.

I wish Oat milk was a bit higher in protein. That's probably my main gripe with it. It's a bit pointless other than for cereal and tea.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Dazzler21 said:
    10 gallons of water required to produce just nine almonds. The enviromental damage caused by farming of almonds in California is a good reason to go for other alternatives - they are overpumping natural aquifers with extensive drilling, using large amounts of chemicals which is bad for  nature and the millions of honey bees they have to bring in each year.

Pea milk is good for protein and calcium and requires very little water - about 1% of what almonds use.
  • Options
    Salad said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    10 gallons of water required to produce just nine almonds. The enviromental damage caused by farming of almonds in California is a good reason to go for other alternatives - they are overpumping natural aquifers with extensive drilling, using large amounts of chemicals which is bad for  nature and the millions of honey bees they have to bring in each year.

Pea milk is good for protein and calcium and requires very little water - about 1% of what almonds use.
    Doesn't sound as appetizing though. Would you like some pea in your coffee? Err, no thanks.
  • Options
    Salad said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Never tried pea milk, I'll look out for it
  • Options
    @Stig - it gets worse - it's yellow pea
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Salad said:

Sorry. But that's is bollocks. 
    Where are you growing your almonds?
    Where are they processed?
    How do they get to SE London?
    Poore evidence. 
  • Options
    Rather pea milk than nut milk
  • Options
    Milk Milk
    Lemonade
    Round the corner
    Chocolate's made
  • Options
    Carter said:
    Rather pea milk than nut milk
    Better than Nut Juice? Maybe?!
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Milk Milk
    Lemonade
    Round the corner
    Chocolate's made
     Fudge not chocolate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Any recommendations for a non dairy Milk to put in my Cappuccinos? 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Oatly Semi.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Quite a few brands do a Barista style oat milk that froths up really well, Rude Health & Alpro I think do it
  • Options
    As long as it's oat it'll be good

Currently sipping on a strong oat milk cappucino from Pret (Friday treat)
  • Options
    Sainsbury's have Mighty Pea Milk Barista:

• Options
    I've gone for Oat milk as my coffee milk of choice, seems to be the best when put into a Flat white or Cortado, but not sure about it in a white coffee. 
  • Options
    I'm assuming people want the same protein etc that dairy offers? In that case which is the best alternative?
  • Options
    I'm assuming people want the same protein etc that dairy offers? In that case which is the best alternative?
    Soya milk is the best protein replacement I believe - the normal stuff is nearly the same as regular milk 
  • Options
    I think normal soy is just fine. Also go for the cheap brand, I use Morrisons own. Around a quid cheaper than the branded versions and the taste difference isn't really there. Could argue alpros is a bit thicker but it isn't that noticeable that it's worth 1.80
  • Options

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    What does the soy milk taste like?
  • Options

Only one way to find out?

Grab a soy cofee next time you're out and try it
  • Options
    I don't have milk in drinks, but my family reckon soy is the best for that, but never for cereal.
  • Options

Only one way to find out?

Grab a soy cofee next time you're out and try it
    Will do. Only really use milk in my coffee so changing is no big deal.
  • Options
    Soy milk is bloody awful on cereal. Has to be Oat or water for me. 
  • Options
    Lets face it, none of them are as delicious as cows milk - Oat milk is the tastiest alternative although I like hazelnut milk in my porridge  
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Nope, check yourself before you wreck yourself bwoi!

I never forget coming home pissed, hunting desperately for something to eat indoors and finding only cornflakes. So I had them

With water 

Still makes me shudder
  • Options
    Carter said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Nope, check yourself before you wreck yourself bwoi!

I never forget coming home pissed, hunting desperately for something to eat indoors and finding only cornflakes. So I had them

With water 

Still makes me shudder
    I was mainly referring to porridge oats with the water. 

Regular cereal are definitely Oat milk. 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Couldn't give a shite what a multimillionaire says.

This Vegan mac and cheese was pretty decent, considering it was from scratch.

some vivera bacon in there, which was a bit much...