Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Norwich - friendly 28/7/18

Comments

• edited July 2018
    Comfortable 2 - 0 loss
  • edited July 2018

The £1.50 edition will only be available from the Valley Superstore and behind the bar in the Millennium Lounge on Saturday

cafc.co.uk/news/view/5b5b36355cbfe/valley-review-saturdays-programme-doubles-as-giant-fixtures-poster … #cafc
  • Acab said:

Oggy Red said:

Sir Matt Tees if you please.

Me (when I was a kid): "Dad, why is he called Matt?"

"Because he's always on the floor, son"

Best header of a ball I've seen in a Charlton shirt.

Oggy Red said:

Sir Matt Tees if you please.

Me (when I was a kid): "Dad, why is he called Matt?"

"Because he's always on the floor, son"

Best header of a ball I've seen in a Charlton shirt.
    100%
    I think I agree with this but Ron Saunders ran him a very close second.

Arthur Horsfield, Jim Melrose, Ray Treacy were all tidy with their nut too
    The difference with Sir Matt was that he looked like a pipe cleaner. Anybody remember his header against Cardiff on Easter Friday morning 69. I haven’t seen one like it since. Floated in at the back corner of the penalty area and put it in like a bullet.
    My 1st game. Random attendance being a West Londoner. Hooked since.
  • My total boycott for this season is starting to hurt a bit before the season has started - but I am going to hold firm.
  • My total boycott for this season is starting to hurt a bit before the season has started - but I am going to hold firm.

I bet you a pint you don't.
  • 3 nil home thumping and two more injuries...

God i'm a miserable sod!
  • JamesSeed said:

My total boycott for this season is starting to hurt a bit before the season has started - but I am going to hold firm.

I bet you a pint you don't.
    I am just hoping the club is sold sooner rather than later so I can watch my team again. Mind you I have a VPN in the meantime!
  • 3 nil home thumping and two more injuries...

God i'm a miserable sod!

Great title for a new Morrisey song
  • ross1 said:

The £1.50 edition will only be available from the Valley Superstore and behind the bar in the Millennium Lounge on Saturday

cafc.co.uk/news/view/5b5b36355cbfe/valley-review-saturdays-programme-doubles-as-giant-fixtures-poster … #cafc

To save costs this seasons Valley Review, starting from the Shrewsbury game, will only be available from a balding bloke opposite the Club shop.
    'A balding bloke opposite the Club shop'...better title for a new Morrissey song.
  • Sponsored links:

• Didn't we beat Ipswich 6-1 or 6-0 in our final warm up friendly for last season? Anyone fancy a repeat?
  • Comfortable home win 4-0.

I love you @happyvalley
  • ross1 said:

I don't want to upset anyone, only I heard they turned the lights off while they were writing it.
    And the computers.
    So it's all hand typed and literally cut and pasted.
  • ross1 said:

Come on Two Shats you can do better than than that. Why not just print one copy only and turn it into a Kit Williams style treasure hunt? The winner of the competition takes home a very rare (in fact, unique) copy of the programme.

Seriously though, this is absolutely pathetic even for a pre-season friendly.
  • Didn't we beat Ipswich 6-1 or 6-0 in our final warm up friendly for last season? Anyone fancy a repeat?

Beat Ipswich 6-1.

And lost to Norwich 0-2. :smile:

• Always tough games with Norwich , another 1-1 .
  • Sweepstake on how many injuries we pick up today anyone? Taylor out for theee months just as Josh signs on the dotted line for Bolton? Page does a hammy? Pearce does a knee? Sincerely hope I’m wrong but nothing about this basket case would surprise me at the moment. When your luck is out your luck is out.
  • 2-2 just no injuries please.

• Charlton wearing the new home kit for the first time today.
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5b5b32a490104/charlton-to-showcase-new-201819-home-strip-in-norwich-city-friendly

Roll up, roll up ..... only £45 shirt.
    Help Roland pay off the ex directors' loans. :neutral:

• Sponsored links:

• Magennis definitely off then
  • Interesting that no trialists are playing too

• Reeeeeeco!

Henry will be pleased.

• And Josh Magennis must be already on the train to Bolton.

• When did RHF get his passport back then?
  • wow thats the "first" team !!
  • No Dawkins, Ince or Ward in the squad.

Have they gone?