Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Norwich - friendly 28/7/18

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2018
    JamesSeed said:

Just heard some guy near me, look at the south stand and say who is Jimmy Seed.

Grrrr why do non Charlton fans turn up to games they clearly dont care about

Who is he then?
    The grandad of the one and only @JamesSeed
    He's not as popular as me though.
    He knew how to use the phrase "next week" properly though ;)
  • Options
    With no hold up player at least the defenders will get a decent work out. :smirk:
  • Options
    Here come the two sides for this last stop of pre-season...COYA! #cafc
  • Options
    KICK-OFF | 1' We are off and underway at The Valley... #cafc
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

We all started somewhere.
  • Options
  • Options
    We all started somewhere.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Nicholas said:

shirty5 said:

Nicholas said:

That's the strong team Bowyer said he was going to play against Norwich. He is vastly becoming as deluded as all the previous Roland arse licker managers.

It would never surprise me if he walked before next Saturday
    He wont walk his in a no lose situation, do well with a crap team and other clubs might hire him as manager. Do shit he can blame it on the crap set up.
    I understand your frustration with this shitfest of a situation mate but Bowyer's not the enemy.
    Of course his not the enemy, but when you hear the same shit that came out of all the other managers mouth it does make you wonder.
  • Options

What do we reckon the formation is 4-4-2 with lapslie on the left and Grant partnering reeco? Or 4-4-1-1 with Grant on the left and lapslie number 10?

Id say the latter as cant see anyone other than Marshall or Grant out wide
    In Taylor’s absence Karlan Grant and Reeco Hackett-Fairchild will start up front together today. Elsewhere Joe Aribo returns to the lineup to partner Jake Forster-Caskey in midfield. George Lapslie and Mark Marshall are set to play either side of the pair in front of a back four of Chris Solly, Patrick Bauer, Jason Pearce and Lewis Page. Dillon Phillips once again starts in goal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1' Good bit of play in the opening 30 seconds as JFC feeds Hackett-Fairchild with a great through-ball. He looks for Grant with a low cross, but the keeper gets there first. #cafc
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Nicholas said:

Oggy Red said:

Nicholas said:

That's the strong team Bowyer said he was going to play against Norwich. He is vastly becoming as deluded as all the previous Roland arse licker managers.

Although to be fair, when Bowyer said that, he probably thought he'd be able to play Magennis and Taylor.
    That doesn't make Bowyer an "arse licker".

Apart from upfront, the starting line up is decent, plus the experienced Pratley on the bench.
    Apart from telling us all how his met with Roland and gets on well with him and that he is gonna get in 4 players and is not fussed if 5 are sold etc. Same old shit Bowyer is spouting is the same as they all have.
    About time we turned on Bowyer, what has he ever done for us?
    next week?
  • Options
    I wanted to watch the match to see if Solly would go back to tacking this season, rather than backing off and letting his winger get a cross in.
  • Options
    5' More good play as Grant sends in a very decent cross for Hackett-Fairchild. Any connection with his head would surely have resulted in a goal, but he misses it by inches. #cafc
  • Options
    14' Marshall tries his luck from distance, but his effort bounces wide.

0-0 #cafc
  • Options
    JFC made 3/4 errors already
  • Options
    FFS "bit light up top"
  • Options
    15' Hernandez sends a shot curling wide for the visitors. #cafc
  • Options
    Lapslie has impressed in the opening 15 minutes
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    the new formation this season is

subs ----the DD team
  • Options

"South stand" FFS
    That CL poster is probably not pwoper Charlton, Henry. :smile:

• Options
    17' Good play down the left results in Marshall cutting into the box and seeing an angled shot well saved by Krul. Aribo tries to keep it alive, but it eventually goes out for a goal-kick. #cafc
  • Options
    Not s bad start to be fair.

Karlan hits the post after linking up with Reeco

Lapslie looking busy and Marshall looking sharp
  • Options
    F**k me the old guy sat next to me is soo sexist.

Made at least 5/6 comments about the 4th official being a women and not knowing what she is doing
  • Options
    18' Post! Grant picks up possession and brushes past defenders as he moves across the edge of the box before seeing his low effort come back off the left upright. #cafc
  • Options
    19' Grant continues to cause havoc. He beats Klose to get into the box, but he's caught as he skips past the defender. Referee waves play on, but you can bet that would have been a free-kick and a red in a competitive fixture
  • Options
    Is this a full strength Norwich team?
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

Is this a full strength Norwich team?

• Options
    Subs: Matthews (GK), Godfrey, Zimmermann, Marshall, Buendia, Stiepermann, Thompson, Cantwell, Aarons