Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Norwich - friendly 28/7/18

Comments

• Is Taylor still injured?
  • And Lyle Taylor injured still?

• No trialists involved either . Bit light up top .
  • edited July 2018
    Oggy Red said:

And Lyle Taylor injured still?

Not worth risking him with next week in mind if he's not 100% and or Josh going.
  • Wow. Bare bones springs to mind.
  • So Reeco is back from Ibiza then? What's the latest with that?

That team is desperately weak.
  • Assuming taylor failed a fitness test, he posted on instagram earlier of him in changing room
  • That’s an embarrassment.

Disgrace
  • Rumour has it Big Josh now been sold off...???
  • Vincenzo said:

Wow. Bare bones springs to mind.

Bare bones? This is the world of the Rat we come to despise over the last 4&1/2 years. :rage:
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:

Oggy Red said:

And Lyle Taylor injured still?

Not worth risking him with next week in mind if he's not 100% and or Josh going.
    Agree with that, Mr Chaser.

And with Vetokele injured, and rumoured interest for Ajose from Coventry ..... we need to see what bargains there are in the charity shop or even the scrap heap.

There has to be another forward lined up, even if he was to come on on loan.

I'm surprised that any of Dawkins, Ince or Ward are not involved. If any were to be signed, you'd think they'd be at least on the bench.

• Only six subs too
  • We need to sign Dawkins, Ince, Ward, another Goalkeeper and a striker to replace Magennis, minimum, and probably a backup left back and an extra winger too. Shambles
  • edited July 2018
    The only good thing seems to be that Ajose isn't a starter.
    Good luck to George Lapslie. I feel he lost a bit of his mojo in the second half of last season, but if he is back to the player he seemed destined to become, he is a team mates dream.
    I also hope the Ibiza experience sees a sea change in Fairchild and Grant, the equivalent of a month in the wilderness with Bear Grylls, two weeks in a Himalayan Monastery with spartan living, shaved heads, and cold showers, and a pre season where their only focus is to do their talking as footballers.
    Oh, and if Grant used his left foot 10% more he will become a 50% better player.
  • To be fair , if Taylor did fail fitness test , this would be our strongest team . Worrying times .
  • We beat Ipswich 6-1 in the corresponding fixture last year!
    We was going to win the league by 100 points.

I miss those days
  • edited July 2018
    Nicholas said:

That's the strong team Bowyer said he was going to play against Norwich. He is vastly becoming as deluded as all the previous Roland arse licker managers.

Although to be fair, when Bowyer said that, he probably thought he'd be able to play Magennis and Taylor.
    That doesn't make Bowyer an "arse licker".

Apart from upfront, the starting line up is decent, plus the experienced Pratley on the bench.
  • edited July 2018

Only six subs too

Is JJ still registered? Oh hang on a minute his legs have been going for 5 years :wink: . Why not stick an academy player in there for the experience?
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:

We need to sign Dawkins, Ince, Ward, another Goalkeeper and a striker to replace Magennis, minimum, and probably a backup left back and an extra winger too. Shambles

Right back?

• Lyle Taylor will miss today’s game against Norwich City with a calf injury.
  • Nicholas said:

That's the strong team Bowyer said he was going to play against Norwich. He is vastly becoming as deluded as all the previous Roland arse licker managers.

It would never surprise me if he walked before next Saturday
  • Commentary but no live feed - disgraceful
  • In stadium and I just cant get enough has come on, why can I not help but sing the Yann Kermorgant version haha
  • RedChaser said:

Only six subs too

Is JJ still registered? Oh hang on a minute his legs have been going for 5 years :wink: . Why not stick an academy player in there for the experience?
    Maybe Bowyer is making a point
  • Oggy Red said:

Nicholas said:

Although to be fair, when Bowyer said that, he probably thought he'd be able to play Magennis and Taylor.

Apart from upfront, the starting line up is decent, plus the experienced Pratley on the bench.
    Apart from telling us all how his met with Roland and gets on well with him and that he is gonna get in 4 players and is not fussed if 5 are sold etc. Same old shit Bowyer is spouting is the same as they all have.
  • shirty5 said:

Nicholas said:

It would never surprise me if he walked before next Saturday
    He wont walk his in a no lose situation, do well with a crap team and other clubs might hire him as manager. Do shit he can blame it on the crap set up.
  • Nicholas said:

Oggy Red said:

Nicholas said:

Apart from telling us all how his met with Roland and gets on well with him and that he is gonna get in 4 players and is not fussed if 5 are sold etc. Same old shit Bowyer is spouting is the same as they all have.
    It's his job, Nicholas.

You don't progress in your job by bad mouthing your boss.