Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Playing Golf Thread

Comments

• Options
    Anyone play(ed) Bexleyheath Golf Club, now walking distance from it and not picked my clubs up for a few years now (combination of kids / frozen shoulder)

• Options
    Anyone play(ed) Bexleyheath Golf Club, now walking distance from it and not picked my clubs up for a few years now (combination of kids / frozen shoulder)

I live not far from there in Barnehurst and I’ve never played it I had a club fitting there in December but not had the chance to play according to the fitter of my clubs he says it’s a tough little course 
  • Options
    Played the back 9 at Eaton in Norwich first thing this morn. Ahhhhh... That...is... Better....

@Sillybilly - sorry to hear about your tough times. Stay positive, pal!
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Couple of us on here are members. I’m playing today. We can get guests back on from May if interested
  • Options
    Just catching up with this thread and shocking news sillybilly....Really hope your recovery goes well
  • Options

I've only played a couple of comps there. 9 holes with a couple crossing each other which can get a bit annoying. Ok-ish if you just want to keep your eye in & nip round for an hour or so. Problem is not many other options in the area apart from Barnehurst, which again is another 9 holer. If you dont mind a short car journey then I'd suggest either Birchwood, Pedham Place or Cray Valley.
  • Options

I've only played a couple of comps there. 9 holes with a couple crossing each other which can get a bit annoying. Ok-ish if you just want to keep your eye in & nip round for an hour or so. Problem is not many other options in the area apart from Barnehurst, which again is another 9 holer. If you dont mind a short car journey then I'd suggest either Birchwood, Pedham Place or Cray Valley.
    cheers - played them all many times, always liked Birchwood - would seem a shame not to play Bexleyheath as it's literally down the road
  • Options

Barnehurst is shut
  • Options
    Tee off at 3pm, genuinely can't wait. I've packed a few extra golf balls in the bag in preparation. Got a feeling I might lose a few today!
  • Options
    Haven’t played Bexley Heath gc. Know people who have, they weren’t overly enthusiastic about it. However not everyone has to enjoy every course. I personally hated Pedham first time so didn’t rush back. Played it again last year and thought it was ok. I guess the 1st time I probably played like a dog!!! 🤣. Looking forward to my round at lullingstone tomorrow.👍. I also echo people in wishing sillyboy all the best.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Put on 11 stone over lockdown, and can't play any proper sport now. Think I might take up golf, slightly more active than darts I guess. 

On a serious note though, I can feel part of my foot starting to go (I kicked a football on an arcade machine in Newport 4 years ago that it turns out was made from something similar to concrete), so might start taking it up soon. 
  • Options
    Barnehurst is shut and not reopening. 
    Think MyTime Active (?) cancelled the contract - currently waiting another golf company to take it over. 
  • Options
    iamdan said:
    Barnehurst is shut and not reopening. 
    Think MyTime Active (?) cancelled the contract - currently waiting another golf company to take it over. 
    Yep I was speaking with the green keeper last week when I was practicing there they will maintain it so it’s ready for new people but he was from High Elms and has to concentrate there as well ... fingers crossed the council find a new bunch to take it over 
  • Options
    Welcome back everyone!

I reckon I’ll get to at least the third before muttering my first “f*** sake”
    Played 9 at my local this afternoon. Lost first ball with my first tee shot, 2 shots later lost a second ball in the drink and scratched the hole. Didn't get much better from then on and I've come to the conclusion that lockdown is the only thing that keeps my scores down. Fuck golf!
  • Options
    lol, I was the opposite. Blanked the first (standard at my course) then hit 38pts on the next 17 holes. 

Happy to be locked down for another 3 months now after that  :-) 

Don’t know why but the best o play is always after I’ve not played for a few months. Soon as I start playing regularly, bad habits creep in. 
  • Options
    Played 18 holes at Westerham this morning,great to be back out there,32 points off 15 so pretty pleased with that. Course was obviously in great nick and the weather was perfect. 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Played my course today (Redlibbets) 
      Fairways in good nick but greens very bumpy having yet to recover from the hollow tining. My golf ranged from OKish to Hellish!
    Hope for better on Thursday 
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Played my course today (Redlibbets) 
      Fairways in good nick but greens very bumpy having yet to recover from the hollow tining. My golf ranged from OKish to Hellish!
    Hope for better on Thursday 
    I’ve a 1:40 tee at Redlibbets today thanks for the info regarding the greens 
  • Options
    Last minute decision to play the 9 hole at Birchwood with my son yesterday evening.

Glad we did, weather was lovely, course in good nick.

Lady in reception said it was the busiest she'd seen the 9 hole in many years.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So good to get back out there yesterday and surprisingly played really well. Went round with the same ball and scored 38 points playing off 15. 

Back out there this evening. It can only get worse!
  • Options
    Home course very busy yesterday and lots of happy faces. 

Shot 78, a handful of iron and chipping errors but happy with the start. Putted well which surprised me more than anything.

The second round back after a break is normally the litmus test..........
  • Options
    lol, I was the opposite. Blanked the first (standard at my course) then hit 38pts on the next 17 holes. 

Happy to be locked down for another 3 months now after that  :-) 

Don’t know why but the best o play is always after I’ve not played for a few months. Soon as I start playing regularly, bad habits creep in. 
    3 Amigos Podcast Bruins summer update- free agency draft  rumors   scoutingpost
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:
    Anyone ever used the Garmin CT10 club tags or similar (arcos)? Got a starter pack free with a new watch, worth setting them all up?
    Just added the Arccos inserts.
    Be interesting to see the results. 5 games before you can use the caddie feature.
    iv got new stronger lofted irons too so the average distance will be invaluable I’m sure.
  • Options
    CafcSCP said:
    cafcpolo said:
    Anyone ever used the Garmin CT10 club tags or similar (arcos)? Got a starter pack free with a new watch, worth setting them all up?
    Just added the Arccos inserts.
    Be interesting to see the results. 5 games before you can use the caddie feature.
    iv got new stronger lofted irons too so the average distance will be invaluable I’m sure.
    Let us know how you get on with them, if worthwhile I'll fit to a couple of clubs. If not, they'll be going on ebay!
  • Options
    Hi @Sillybilly, just catching up with this. Firstly really shocked and sorry about what you are going through. I'm glad you are out the other side, and all I can offer is best wishes and hope that everything behgins to come together again. Big hug, and hope the Addicks offer you something to put a smile on your face (and not another five a side standard own goal) as you begin to recover.
  • Options
    I've only just read this Sillybilly, my best wishes go to you at this awful time.
    Don't lose sight of what you may be able to achieve, remember those competing at the Paralympics to help remind you of what some people have been able to achieve through adversity.
    I can't help wondering what the cause was as I've generally heard of this if people are diabetic, but not much else other than an accident. All the very best to you and yours.
  • Options
    I've only just read this Sillybilly, my best wishes go to you at this awful time.
    Don't lose sight of what you may be able to achieve, remember those competing at the Paralympics to help remind you of what some people have been able to achieve through adversity.
    I can't help wondering what the cause was as I've generally heard of this if people are diabetic, but not much else other than an accident. All the very best to you and yours.
    Cheers mate.  The cause was blocked arteries in my leg. The main single artery the upper leg and both arteries in the lower leg had complete blockages. It’s a family history thing I m afraid. I have similar issues in my upper body (a total of 5 coronary stents). I am not diabetic 
  • Options
    Hi @Sillybilly, just catching up with this. Firstly really shocked and sorry about what you are going through. I'm glad you are out the other side, and all I can offer is best wishes and hope that everything behgins to come together again. Big hug, and hope the Addicks offer you something to put a smile on your face (and not another five a side standard own goal) as you begin to recover.
    Cheers Ken.