Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs Brighton (24/7/18)

Comments

• Options

another thing to get depressed about when it comes to Charlton. just seen that Brighton played against Portsmouth this morning. ended 1 all. the bit that's depressing is that Brighton are playing two games on the same day with the second string playing us. bit like what we do with non league sides in pre season. I guess you could see it as how far Brighton have come but for me its just another reminder of how far we've fallen.

Brighton lost 2-1 at Afc Wimbledon in the week with a quite strong team
  • Options

another thing to get depressed about when it comes to Charlton. just seen that Brighton played against Portsmouth this morning. ended 1 all. the bit that's depressing is that Brighton are playing two games on the same day with the second string playing us. bit like what we do with non league sides in pre season. I guess you could see it as how far Brighton have come but for me its just another reminder of how far we've fallen.

Great. I thought we might have least seen some players I have actually heard of. Seeing as LB said those not playing last sat v Crawley (Mag, Ajose etc) would play tonite it looks like a reserve team game then.

So, Pompey a bigger draw than us then.....and after all the backing we gave them over moving grounds.

that's how far we've fallen.
  • Options
    Looking at the league table for 2010/11 (the Parky/Powell season where we finished midtable)

Brighton won the division, but more surprising 4 out of the top 6 are now in the Premier League, Brighton, Southampton, Huddersfield and Bournemouth. And to show that it can go the other way, the team that finished 7th was Leyton Orient (now in the National)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010–11_Football_League_One#League_table
  • Options

Great. I thought we might have least seen some players I have actually heard of. Seeing as LB said those not playing last sat v Crawley (Mag, Ajose etc) would play tonite it looks like a reserve team game then.

So, Pompey a bigger draw than us then.....and after all the backing we gave them over moving grounds.

possibly the reserves for them, not sure how many of their first team are going to be there as I don't really know their squad. but here's the team that played this morning:

Ryan (Keto 51); Schelotto, Duffy, White (Collar 51), Bong (Mandroiu 51); Knockaert, Bissouma (Gyokeres 51), Kayal, Suttner; Norwood; Hemed.
  • Options

possibly the reserves for them, not sure how many of their first team are going to be there as I don't really know their squad. but here's the team that played this morning:

Ryan (Keto 51); Schelotto, Duffy, White (Collar 51), Bong (Mandroiu 51); Knockaert, Bissouma (Gyokeres 51), Kayal, Suttner; Norwood; Hemed.
    Well most of their fans are white collars!
  • Options

another thing to get depressed about when it comes to Charlton.

Yeh. Much needed.
  • Options
    I’m assuming it’s just the West lower upon tonight?
  • Options

Yeah just block D though
  • Options

In that case it will give bowyer a chance to assess potential loan targets
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:

cafc4life said:

Yeah just block D though
    Row N

Seats 100-150
  • Options
    I thought Bowyer said we weren't gping to offer Elliot Ward a cobtract? If so, why is he playing for us again?

Also surprised to see Taylor on the bench.
  • Options
    Soo if we signed Ince, Dawkins and Ward (despite the article saying we wouldn't)

Who else would we need?
  • Options

sam3110 said:

Soo if we signed Ince, Dawkins and Ward (despite the article saying we wouldn't)

Who else would we need?

A new owner
    Quality.
  • Options
    Phillips, ____
    Solly, Dijksteel
    Bauer, Sarr
    Pearce, Ward
    Page, ____
    Pratley, Forster-Caskey
    Aribo, Ince
    Marshall, Dawkins
    Reeves, Clarke
    Fosu, Grant
    Magennis, Ajose
    Taylor, Vetokele

Would we only need 2 more players?
  • Options

sam3110 said:

Who else would we need?

A new owner
    That goes without saying
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    sam3110 said:

Phillips, ____
    Solly, Dijksteel
    Bauer, Sarr
    Pearce, Ward
    Page, ____
    Pratley, Forster-Caskey
    Aribo, Ince
    Marshall, Dawkins
    Reeves, Clarke
    Fosu, Grant
    Magennis, Ajose
    Taylor, Vetokele

Would we only need 2 more players?

5 of those above are currently injured and another 3 of those are on trial (Not including the ibiza)
  • Options
    Seen a load of brighton fans already,

Tuesday night
    Friendly
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is that a hint at squad numbers? I suppose not with Pearce usually wearing the 6.
  • Options
    7.20 and there are 30 people in Bartrams

And some of those are Brighton!
  • Options
    The referee is the same ref as Saturdays v Crawley. Him and bowyer had quite a lengthy argument second half
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:

I thought Bowyer said we weren't gping to offer Elliot Ward a cobtract? If so, why is he playing for us again?

Also surprised to see Taylor on the bench.

Maybe our targets have changed again and Ward is what we can afford,wouldnt be a surprise after what @JamesSeed revealed on the takeover thread about the next two weeks being 'difficult'.
  • Options

Seen a load of brighton fans already,

Tuesday night
    Friendly

Hope it went well today
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Good to see Stephens returning south for this one.

Are we sure its the Propper Stephens?
  • Options
    Cawley on Ward. Looks like he might be playing just to make up the numbers.