Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs Brighton (24/7/18)

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    ross1 said:

It's almost just like watching Brazil (with a Charlton badge).
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Sage said:

Any chance the club will put up a short clip of Sarr’s goal at some point like they have of other games? Be interested to see it.

We were told before by Robinson that Sarr is a cracking finisher, some may joke but he could score a few if he were to play up front.

Two things.

1) Is that playing at the right speed? If not, Sarr's got bionic legs.

2) Goal of the season settled already.
  • Options
    Sooo we drew Vs Brighton, who have beaten ManUre today, ergo we're better than ManUre?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Sooo we drew Vs Brighton, who have beaten ManUre today, ergo we're better than ManUre?

We lost to Sunderland
    Who themselves lost to Darlington

So we are worse tham Darlington
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

really annoys me but Man U were the only "top" team that we didn't manage to beat in our Premier League days, Best we did was the 3-3 at home & the final day 0-0 at theirs (Costa's last game). We beat Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, Man City, Liverpool, Villa home & away (although I'm not if we beat Liverpool at their place).
  • Options
    Did we ever beat Everton away during that period, always seemed to be a banker home win.
  • Options
    Did anyone hear the chant by Brighton fans against ManU at the end?

"You are going down with Palace."

Hahaha.
  • Options

sam3110 said:

really annoys me but Man U were the only "top" team that we didn't manage to beat in our Premier League days, Best we did was the 3-3 at home & the final day 0-0 at theirs (Costa's last game). We beat Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, Man City, Liverpool, Villa home & away (although I'm not if we beat Liverpool at their place).
    Beat Liverpool 1-0 at Anfield, Shaun Bartlett getting the winner - if I remember.
  • Options

Did we ever beat Everton away during that period, always seemed to be a banker home win.

Won there 1 0 in the season we had Di Canio.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2018

My 6 year old watches a dvd from 2001 onwards and every time I go in to turn it off there is always a a goal or a game I don't remember on his TV.

Funny as I remember every goal, goalscorer and result from every game at at selhurst and Upton Park.
  • Options

Yes, 3-0 around 2004
  • Options

sam3110 said:

Did you not see us beat them twice at shithouse park? I did....

Liverpool was the one for me, saw us thumped by them so many times that I fudging loved Lisbie’s hat-trick.
    Best day at The Valley for me that one...
  • Options

My 6 year old watches a dvd from 2001 onwards and every time I go in to turn it off there is always a a goal or a game I don't remember on his TV.

Funny as I remember every goal, goalscorer and result from every game at at selhurst and Upton Park.
    I'm not sure I can bring myself to watch any of the PL games now, it's too depressing when you see where we were then, and where we are now!
  • Options
    Kin el, we actually won there 3 times, 01,04,05 3nil,1 nil 1nil, Stuart scoring in two games.

Depressing really :(
  • Options

I'm not sure I can bring myself to watch any of the PL games now, it's too depressing when you see where we were then, and where we are now!
    Life is life mate, you can't change it or affect what's happening now, good to remember the old times sitting there with my other son, who's 22 now, who in all reality had it easy as a 6 yo Charlton fan then, mendonca hat trick first home game, bt Arsenal 4 2 first away game.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

sam3110 said:

Liverpool was the one for me, saw us thumped by them so many times that I fudging loved Lisbie’s hat-trick.
    We played them off the park better when we beat them 2nil at home I think, maybe a 15yr bttv celebration or something
  • Options
    Great, great penalty save by bolder in first one.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

sam3110 said:

Beat Liverpool 1-0 at Anfield, Shaun Bartlett getting the winner - if I remember.
    Was it not Rufus or did I imagine that?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great finish from Murray, funny, as I thought watching him at the valley he looked like he was long passed it and looked pony.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

sam3110 said:

If you care to read my post you'll find I said "Premier League". We did even manage to beat them at Old Trafford in 1987.....but I happened to be on holiday in Devon at the time with my then girlfriend & her parents.....as 10CC once sang..."the things we do for love"
  • Options

Fumbluff said:

sam3110 said:

We played them off the park better when we beat them 2nil at home I think, maybe a 15yr bttv celebration or something
    Under lights one Tuesday night.

Luke Young scored a rare goal, I think.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Fumbluff said:

sam3110 said:

Under lights one Tuesday night.

Luke Young scored a rare goal, I think.
    He did.

Great night that was.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Scotland called themselves World Champions after beating England in the Home internationals in ‘67.
  • Options

Great, great penalty save by bolder in first one.

The penalty save was in the 0 0 game. Robson took it on the strike of half time.