Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs Brighton (24/7/18)

Comments

• Options

just keep him up front. better putting goals away than stopping them going in

he did both tonight.
  • Options

Who are 42 and 17 down the left?

They looking decent?
    42 is Jamie Mascoll coming back from serious injury.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

They looking decent?
    Was out half a season I believe.
  • Options
    Maybe Naby is more a defensive midfielder. Not bad in the tackle, a good passer of the ball, oh, and that bloody goal!
  • Options
    Thought Pratley looked very rusty, though won’t judge on that. Ince looked a level above him when he come on. Was impressed with Ince.

Very difficult to follow the second half at first. We made a bulk set of subs with no one really clear who was who. Maloney and Lapsie looked lively.

Ward done ok. Hard to tell in these games and I’d worry it’s got a touch of Roger Johnson desperation about it. A Ward / Sarr combo in an actual game would be a horror show marking wise.
  • Options
    And Albie Mkrgan, how did he do?
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Naby Sarr, just as likely to make a mistake that comes to nothing as he is to score a classy goal.

Solid League 1 player and could do a job in the chump too.
  • Options
    Sage said:

Any chance the club will put up a short clip of Sarr’s goal at some point like they have of other games? Be interested to see it.

We were told before by Robinson that Sarr is a cracking finisher, some may joke but he could score a few if he were to play up front.

Was bound to get noticed having moved north
  • Options
    Moo said:

cafc83 said:

Pratley definitely looks a good acquisition, quite a big lad too and gets about well for an older player. Dawkins looked a bit hit and miss to me.

Thought we did ok against premier league opponents. Hard to judge Dawkins as we didn’t see much of the ball.

Elliot ward looks a lot better than Naby Sarr.
    Nope he doesn't
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

ross1 said:

Scoham said:

4-4-2

Phillips
    Yao Ward Sarr Mascoll
    Lapslie Maloney Ince Dawkins
    Ajose Magennis

Who are these Under 21s ? Who is Dawkins ?
    Yes and Dawkins is on trial
    Thanks & what's he done ?
    On trial for what? :-)

Was a regular in Derby's Championship team about five years ago. Went to the MLS, didn't do very well and been without a club for a little while since.

Would be a great addition in League One IMO.
    Thanks
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Scoham said:

Sage said:

Any chance the club will put up a short clip of Sarr’s goal at some point like they have of other games? Be interested to see it.

We were told before by Robinson that Sarr is a cracking finisher, some may joke but he could score a few if he were to play up front.

I don't remember Sarr running that fast for it. New rocket propelled team.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Scoham said:

Sage said:

Blimey he's gained some speed since I last saw him !

Actually looks a cracking goal
  • Options

Scoham said:

Sage said:

Blimey he's gained some speed since I last saw him !

Actually looks a cracking goal
    Naby has never been slow apart from turning. Was Lapslie out of position wide right?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Naby Sarr, our 25 goal a season striker we've been looking for

You never know, not as ridiculous as it sounds
  • Options
    se9addick said:

The Brighton fans just started a chant of “we want Roland out”!

Good for them, because for some inexplicable reason we sure don’t sing it any more !?
  • Options

sam3110 said:

Naby Sarr, our 25 goal a season striker we've been looking for

You never know, not as ridiculous as it sounds
    Somehow I think it's more likely than Mag doing it.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

They looking decent?
    He is decent
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lapslie reminds of a very young Parker.

He will be decent.

Needs a run of games.
  • Options

I think Sarr is a problem to be solved if you can. He is a decent defender, but one that always has a mistake in him, he is very comfortable on the ball and a physical presence. I like the idea of having height through set pieces and have wondered if he could be given a role - helping the central defenders, but also the central midfield. So a freeish role in front of a back three. Maybe in a 3-1-4-1-1 with two wing backs within the 4 and Fosu given a free role behind a big lump of a striker.

He's a bit like David Luiz at Chelsea. In a flat back four the tendency of Luiz to think he was a footballer exposed his penchant to overdo things but once Conte changed things to three CBs he looked a world beater and they ended up winning the League.
  • Options
    Stand outs for me tonight was prately and lapslie, prately looked like he was running the game first half and lapslie looked like he had a lot of quality on the ball.

I thought mascoll looked good too.

Ajose looked dire, I just don’t get what he brings to the table. Not particularly quick, doesn’t get into goalscoring positions and doesn’t aid the build up play.
  • Options
    Oh and sarr’s finish was absolute class.
  • Options

No one spotted in the director's box other than Tony the Sandwich maker.

We want Roland Out chanted 25 mins in.

Good work out and result v a strong premier league side

Liked Pratley a lot, Dawson good, Ince was strong, Ward worth keeping.

Lapsie impressed, Philips did well and had no chance with goal.

Magennis involved a lot but has to take more of those chances.

Brighton the better side but we weren't over run.

Couldn't tell what the starting line up will be v Sunderland from that but hope Bowyer changes his mind about Pratley.

Sarr scored a very good goal albeit v their youth side after they made 8 subs.

I was in the directors box tonight, first time I’ve ever seen our tone in the flesh and Jesus he looked like a shell of a human.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Who gave Sarr the assist?
  • Options

Who have Sarr the assist?

Ajose
  • Options
    I thought Albie Morgan done well too. Picked up a knock but tried hard to mask it.