Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season tickets 2018/19

Comments

• Options

masicat said:

No Charlton supporters went to Millwall when we went to Selhurst, fact. If you are a Charlton supporter you simply couldn’t do it. I am suspicious of anyone who says they won’t go to watch the team until Douchbag goes. I know some will find that argumentative, but it’s how I feel. Protests I agree with, but staying away because you don’t like the owner? Do me a favour.

Wrong mate, plenty went and watched Millwall with Millwall mates rather than go selhurst.

Not supporters. Others might, but not supporters.
  • Options
    Season tickets purchased before 1pm on Wednesday, August 8th will be posted to fans. Season tickets purchased after this date and time will be available for collection from the North Stand Ticket Office from 10am on Saturday. Season tickets not collected on Saturday will then be posted to supporters on Monday.

If you purchase a 2018/19 season ticket before 1pm on Wednesday, August 8th and it does not arrive by post by Friday, August 10th, please contact the ticket office by calling 03330 14 44 44 or by visiting The Valley in person.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5b6ab3f40e421/201819-season-tickets-landing-on-charlton-supporters-doorsteps
  • Options
    masicat said:

masicat said:

No Charlton supporters went to Millwall when we went to Selhurst, fact. If you are a Charlton supporter you simply couldn’t do it. I am suspicious of anyone who says they won’t go to watch the team until Douchbag goes. I know some will find that argumentative, but it’s how I feel. Protests I agree with, but staying away because you don’t like the owner? Do me a favour.

Wrong mate, plenty went and watched Millwall with Millwall mates rather than go selhurst.

Not supporters. Others might, but not supporters.
    Trouble is mate we are a fan base made up of 50% 'others'
  • Options
    11/12: 9,663

so 4,000 more than this season that's a big big difference

• Options
    Ground is going to be so empty Saturday :-1:
  • Options

If the Aussies don't pay up soon I reckon RD will start closing blocks/stands to save more money.
  • Options
    Sincere apologies to se9addick,I did not read past the dear sucker bit and thought this was a boycotter having a dig.I do get a bit touchy when people tell me what to do with my money,and can only say sorry for the misunderstanding.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

PeterGage said:

Here's something I find amazing.
    My S/T costs £340.
    If I bought a ticket for each game (I would), it will cost approximately £21 + £1.50 =£22.50 x 23 = £517.50.
    So if I didn't buy a S/T as some would like/advise, I'll be giving the Belgian &%$% an extra £177.50.

I understand the mathmatical logic of your post. Even more logical is that if you boycotted you would be £340 better off and Roland £340 worse off. Sounds more sense to me :-)

The other view is that if more people bought a season ticket the player budget would increase.
    But thats not an alternative view its a hypthetical one, everyone knows that we could sell out and Roland would give Bowyer fuck all, he is unique like that.
  • Options
    masicat said:

I know Charlton fans that did and they stayed Millwall fans. Fact.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

masicat said:

and you disowned them i hope
  • Options

masicat said:

in what way suspicious?

He probably means it will be like the people on here that said they would boycott the home games and go to the away games instead.

Did our away support increase by thousands ?

I'm confident that at least 50% of the boycotters may not return & may only return occasionally.
    Ok, we don't know, but that's my guess.
  • Options

masicat said:

and you disowned them i hope
    One was a best friend, of my then girlfriends sister.
    (I married the girl friend, so her sister is now my sister in law).

I tell you what I'll name him, as I can't see it matters.
    Don Sellick, lived in Eltham, followed Charlton home and away for years & then switched to Millwall when we went to Selhurst. Someone on here may even remember/know him.

Loads switched because they didn't/were too young to drive and jumping on the 53 or getting a train to New Cross was far easier than getting to Selhurst.
  • Options

Not sure about that, when the completion of the takeover was announced yesterday morning the ticket office got swamped and it’s looking like the ground will sell out now. Still not sure why the Mods on here made all the threads about it ‘CL Clique’ only though...
  • Options

masicat said:

They were never really Charlton fans then
  • Options
    Croydon said:

masicat said:

Regardless, their children and their children's children will probably have ended up Millwall and not Charlton.

Why do you think there are so many Millwall fans in Charlton, Welling, Bexleyheath, Woolwich etc,

Had we been at the valley when we got promoted back then we would have had a much larger fan base, we lost a lot because of that In my opinion.
  • Options
    Still haven't received my ticket.

Rung the Club and got cut off 3 times by the pony automatic system.

Finally spoke to a young girl to be told I should receive it tomorrow.

I had the temerity to say what if I don't? I asked to speak to someone in authority as I accepted that the position was not her fault and was told that nobody was available.

I am now seriously contemplating getting a refund on both mine and my daughter's tickets and jacking Charlton in completely.

Charlton is meant to be a relaxation not an added stress to life.

I know the prevailing view on here will be ha, ha, ha serves you right for buying season tickets.

You are probably correct.

Right now I feel so disconnected from the Club and just want to sever all links. Even though I am allegedly a 'customer' there is fuck all customer service.

I didn't get as far as giving personal details so the Club ethos of Meire's hatred of the Over 60s doesn't even explain it.

The Club is dead. Roland may as well build his flats on The Valley.

• Options

Croydon said:

masicat said:

Regardless, their children and their children's children will probably have ended up Millwall and not Charlton.

Why do you think there are so many Millwall fans in Charlton, Welling, Bexleyheath, Woolwich etc,

Had we been at the valley when we got promoted back then we would have had a much larger fan base, we lost a lot because of that In my opinion.
    A lot of Millwall fans in the suburbs are the descendents of those moved out of Bermondsey during and after the war.
    A small group left Charlton for Millwall in the early 70's as we were not violent enough for them ( Tony Deves, Lenny Biles et al)

The number that just switched allegiance would be very small imo.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    LenGlover said:

I had the temerity to say what if I don't? I asked to speak to someone in authority as I accepted that the position was not her fault and was told that nobody was available.

I am now seriously contemplating getting a refund on both mine and my daughter's tickets and jacking Charlton in completely.

I know the prevailing view on here will be ha, ha, ha serves you right for buying season tickets.

Right now I feel so disconnected from the Club and just want to sever all links. Even though I am allegedly a 'customer' there is fuck all customer service.

I didn't get as far as giving personal details so the Club ethos of Meire's hatred of the Over 60s doesn't even explain it.

Steady on. Suggest you wait until your season tickets don't turn up at all, you then spend an hour and a half queuing on Saturday prior to the match at the only ticket office window trying to sort tickets out, miss the first half because of it and only get in to see Charlton concede two late goals before you decide to give up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LenGlover said:

Me and my son still waiting for ours Len
  • Options

Croydon said:

masicat said:

A lot of Millwall fans in the suburbs are the descendents of those moved out of Bermondsey during and after the war.
    A small group left Charlton for Millwall in the early 70's as we were not violent enough for them ( Tony Deves, Lenny Biles et al)

The number that just switched allegiance would be very small imo.
    Yes, people may switch to non league or more likely switch to "watching football on TV"
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

How many season tickets did we have at the start of SCP’s promotion year .
    Was that our third season in the third tier on the spin after a shit finish .
    See what the difference is now between there and then and you’ll have your difference in numbers to what we’d have if this prick owner hadn’t sucked the life out of most .
    I understand people buying season tickets but not until the last few weeks or so .
    I do not understand buying of beer or food in the ground .
    Spend minimum if you have to go .
    Clearly money matters to the twat who owns us , look at the mingey savings he is making on the youngsters breakfast and whatever else , so every penny counts .
    Spend as little as possible

Interesting how the numbers held up relatively well under RD when we were in the Championship, but that relegation was the final straw for many
  • Options
    Croydon said:

masicat said:

Well, they went home & away for 10 years.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Season ticket finally arrived today. Still have one to turn up. Do we not get code for Valley Pass anymore then?
  • Options
    masicat said:

I think Roland is a lovely man and very misunderstood.

I am not going to games as I do not like how he runs the business.
  • Options

Need to ring the club as the season ticket I didn't buy hasn't showed up yet. :)

Try it, the silly b******* will probably send you one.
  • Options

shirty5 said:

How many season tickets did we have at the start of SCP’s promotion year .
    Was that our third season in the third tier on the spin after a shit finish .
    See what the difference is now between there and then and you’ll have your difference in numbers to what we’d have if this prick owner hadn’t sucked the life out of most .
    I understand people buying season tickets but not until the last few weeks or so .
    I do not understand buying of beer or food in the ground .
    Spend minimum if you have to go .
    Clearly money matters to the twat who owns us , look at the mingey savings he is making on the youngsters breakfast and whatever else , so every penny counts .
    Spend as little as possible

Interesting how the numbers held up relatively well under RD when we were in the Championship, but that relegation was the final straw for many
    not forgetting Karel Fraeye.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Sage said:

buckshee said:

I know someone in their forties who’s been going in the covered on an under 11s ST since they installed the auto turnstiles and has never been challenged.

What a hero!
    I had a free ST from my uni last season so got in without paying a penny.

I also know a friend who has used an U11 ST for the last two years and never had a problem, paid £55 for this season (£2.39 per game) and will also receive a welcome pack and gift from the club too, bonus.
    I was being ironic - pretending to be a child to save cash is pretty naff. I wouldn't be boasting about it.....
    Why is it ? if you really have to attend, surely paying as little as possible makes the most sense ?
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

Crusty54 said:

PeterGage said:

Here's something I find amazing.
    My S/T costs £340.
    If I bought a ticket for each game (I would), it will cost approximately £21 + £1.50 =£22.50 x 23 = £517.50.
    So if I didn't buy a S/T as some would like/advise, I'll be giving the Belgian &%$% an extra £177.50.

I understand the mathmatical logic of your post. Even more logical is that if you boycotted you would be £340 better off and Roland £340 worse off. Sounds more sense to me :-)

The other view is that if more people bought a season ticket the player budget would increase.
    But thats not an alternative view its a hypthetical one, everyone knows that we could sell out and Roland would give Bowyer fuck all, he is unique like that.
    exactly, we dont even get money from player sales