Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Season tickets 2018/19

1789101113»

Comments

• ross1 said:

All these problems, but I have had none, not waiting for the post, not worrying if I have to phone them, not worrying if I have to queue before the game and whether I will get in before the game starts, why, I DID NOT BUY A SEASON TICKET WHILE RD IS IN CHARGE, simple

Quite, what will you be doing at 3pm tomorrow though?
  • se9addick said:

ross1 said:

All these problems, but I have had none, not waiting for the post, not worrying if I have to phone them, not worrying if I have to queue before the game and whether I will get in before the game starts, why, I DID NOT BUY A SEASON TICKET WHILE RD IS IN CHARGE, simple

Doing the match thread I hope @ross1 :wink:
  • se9addick said:

Do they have to send a new card out each season? Is there no way of updating the card remotely when you purchase a season ticket for the following campaign?

They change the design to try and prevent people sitting in a different area.

They also re-zoned the stadium this season.

If I hadn't renewed my ticket early I would have been faced with a double increase as my seat has moved into a dearer zone.
  • Missed It said:

Ours turned up earlier in the week, as I expected they would do and probably as about nearly everybody else’s did. That some may not have or won’t have received theirs by today is just the law of averages at work. On the occasions that match tickets haven’t been delivered I’ve got in touch with the ticket office, they say they will have a replacement ready for collection, I’ve made the effort to get to the ground half hour earlier ‘because we all think there will be a big queue - fuck knows why we should all think that - walked up to the counter and they’ve handed over the ticket, 2 minutes used up and I’ve spent any extra 28 minutes in the bar.

Always another thing for the doom and gloom merchants to moan about but in reality it’s an inconvenience, not a fuckjng disaster

Absolute rubbish.

There is no reason why the club could not send out season tickets earlier.

True. Except I guess they won’t know how many STs to order at first, they’d then have to wait for them to turn up. Somebody has got to personalise the cards and program them and somebody has to put them in an envelope with the correct address on it and make a record that it’s been sent out. I suspect the first of those four things means the cards don’t even reach Charlton until not much before they are sent out at the moment and then if you’ve got 5,000 to dispatch it will take time. Perhaps Airman will know though the cards we get today are probably a bit more complicated than the books were in his day when he was working at the club.
    They had virtually all those ‘obstacles’ 3 months ago when they had 5 days between the end of the season and the home play off game v Shrewsbury yet managed to get nearly 14,000 out.
    they’re now struggling to achieve a third of this, despite having x18 the time to do it.
    These are personalised and branded smart cards, not print at home tickets. A huge logistical difference I would have thought. I walked through the whole process of credit and debit cards being produced, I doubt there is much difference and for Charlton it’s a one a year exercise, not a 365, 24/7 one
    Just like my work photo ID that gains me automated entry into certain parts of certain buildings at certain times.
    I had to fill in a form (like s/t applicants) and take it to an office (like s/t applicants) and 3 minutes after having my photo taken I have in my hand my new personalised card (unlike s/t applicants).
    Fair enough. Beats me why Charlton didn’t do that then. Was there 5,000 others in the queue for a pass at your work ?
    Sorry, forget that, just realised 5,000 tickets at 3 minutes a ticket would take 7 weeks to process over a 7 hour working day and a 5 day working week. Your way might not necessarily be better

That's if just one person is working on it. It wouldn't surprise me if they actually did only have one person working on it but any sensible organisation would have a surge plan in place to deal with the extra work that comes with issuing season tickets. It's a bit like Christmas, everyone knows when it's happening and it shouldn't come as a surprise!
    Went to the ticket office yesterday as mine hadn't arrived. They printed a duplicate.

More than one person working in there.
  • Croydon said:

@letthegoodtimesroll question for you, why has every other club in the country managed it without issue?

Because they are not owned by a Belgium fuckwit.
    Answered on his behalf sorry
  • RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

msomerton said:

Buying a season ticket is supporting the club not the owner. If people had totaly boycoted Charlton at Selhurst then the club would not be hear today, and for many years the owners where the people who moved us out of the Valley without notice.

We moved to Selhurst in the autumn though, so those of us that had season tickets had two choices throw it in the bin or give it a go. My family chose the latter. Whether we would have renewed had we not got promoted is doubtful and probably would have joined the boycotters. We did renew and the rest is history.
    You could have got a refund like I did, so you wouldn't have simply chucked it in the bin if you chose not to go.
    Wasn't a considered option for us.
    But chucking them in the bin was?

I guess you mean that you never considered anything but going so chucking them in the bin was also not an option? Just being a pedant. Feel free to ignore, it's not meant to be a wind up.
  • RedChaser said:

se9addick said:

ross1 said:

Doing the match thread I hope @ross1 :wink:
    I am waiting for an important phone call tomorrow, it may mean (I hope not), I will be missing the game, if I am at home, then yes I will be doing the match thread, thanks for asking
  • Well, our season tickets never did turn up in the end.
    But at least collecting duplicates turned out to be quick and painless.
    Turned up at the North Stand ticket office about 2.30, was ushered straight to counter #1, tickets handed over no questions asked.
    Was expecting a lot more inconvenience so happy with that
  • Crusty54 said:

se9addick said:

Do they have to send a new card out each season? Is there no way of updating the card remotely when you purchase a season ticket for the following campaign?

If I hadn't renewed my ticket early I would have been faced with a double increase as my seat has moved into a dearer zone.
    Your seat has legs!!??
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2018
  • cafcfan said:

Crusty54 said:

se9addick said:

Your seat has legs!!??
    Seats need legs. You'd be sitting on the floor without them.
    Turned up at the North Stand ticket office about 2.30, was ushered straight to counter #1, tickets handed over no questions asked.

Surprised by that, at 2.40 the queue for the North ticket office was approaching 100

Surprised by that, at 2.40 the queue for the North ticket office was approaching 100
    Season ticket collections no doubt.

Not half as surprised as I was!
    When my son and I joined the very end of that long queue I thought we would miss kick-off.
    But within a minute of us arriving somebody "official" walked the length of the queue calling out "is anybody here for season tickets?" and we were the only ones who stepped forward.
    Walked us past the rest of the queue to counter #1.
    They had counters 1 and 2 dedicated to season ticket collections and there was nobody at them!
  • cafcfan said:

Crusty54 said:

se9addick said:

Your seat has legs!!??
    No, just pigeon shite on it...

Not half as surprised as I was!
    When my son and I joined the very end of that long queue I thought we would miss kick-off.
    But within a minute of us arriving somebody "official" walked the length of the queue calling out "is anybody here for season tickets?" and we were the only ones who stepped forward.
    Walked us past the rest of the queue to counter #1.
    They had counters 1 and 2 dedicated to season ticket collections and there was nobody at them!

Quite a lot of people went to collect season tickets earlier in the morning, assuming it would be total rolling goatfuck and best to get it sorted in time.
  • Move to the Covered End, we dont require seats so it doesnt matter how dirty they are
  • Got home yesterday to find my boy’s ST has finally been deliverered along with his junior red card, bear in mind that we picked up his reprinted one before the Shrewsbury match.

His sister is still waiting on her junior red card through.