Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season tickets 2018/19

Comments

• Options
    Only one of our three arrived so far...
  • Options
    #elfsborg

How come Covered End gets a like and I get a flag for basically saying the same thing?

Brown nose!
  • Options
    PeterGage said:

What I found strange on this thread is a number of the more viciferous anti Roland posters have bought a season ticket. Absolutely amazing - giving him money and vilifying him at the same time!!

I suppose everyone is different. There are plenty of governments that I haven’t been terribly impressed with over the last 35 years (and voted against) but never found a way from avoiding adding to their coffers :-) I still want to support the team and have given support to all the in stadium/walkout/sit down protests incuding handing out ‘material’.
    I have reconciled the action of buying a ST as actually giving him LESS money than if I had bought a ticket each game (I am not sufficiently ITK or connected to be able to get free tickets out of the regime)
  • Options
    Agreed, economics make unfortunate sense, KM tax of £3 and the 1.00 deadline, postage fees for tickets too. Intrigued to see what happens after the first game, never mind half seasons
  • Options
    Well, the lack of Katy is evident, as the ticket no longer marks me as having a 'client number': I now have a 'fan ID' number. At least they have spotted we are fans not customers. It's almost as good as it raining a little bit on the way home...
  • Options
    Here's something I find amazing.
    My S/T costs £340.
    If I bought a ticket for each game (I would), it will cost approximately £21 + £1.50 =£22.50 x 23 = £517.50.
    So if I didn't buy a S/T as some would like/advise, I'll be giving the Belgian &%$% an extra £177.50.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Essex_Al said:

#elfsborg

How come Covered End gets a like and I get a flag for basically saying the same thing?

Brown nose!

Because I could not think of anything to pan you with on that comment, so I thought "f*** it, flag him"!
  • Options

My S/T costs £340.
    If I bought a ticket for each game (I would), it will cost approximately £21 + £1.50 =£22.50 x 23 = £517.50.
    So if I didn't buy a S/T as some would like/advise, I'll be giving the Belgian &%$% an extra £177.50.

I understand the mathmatical logic of your post. Even more logical is that if you boycotted you would be £340 better off and Roland £340 worse off. Sounds more sense to me :-)

• Options
    PeterGage said:

My S/T costs £340.

I understand the mathmatical logic of your post. Even more logical is that if you boycotted you would be £340 better off and Roland £340 worse off. Sounds more sense to me :-)

No can do. Charlton 'til I die.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Crusty54 said:

PeterGage said:

My S/T costs £340.

The other view is that if more people bought a season ticket the player budget would increase.
    Of course, but we have a rancid owner where some people are determined they won't give their stream off their p*** let alone a pound note to him.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

My S/T costs £340.

Buy an adult one in the family stand for £200 and migrate to covered end or jump over and into the East Stand , savings all round , although it'll be opposite to where you prolly usually sit in the West Stand
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

PeterGage said:

My S/T costs £340.

The other view is that if more people bought a season ticket the player budget would increase.
    But would it..or would Roly simply reduce the Staprix losses with the extra cash?
  • Options

My S/T costs £340.

Buy an adult one in the family stand for £200 and migrate to covered end or jump over and into the East Stand , savings all round , although it'll be opposite to where you prolly usually sit in the West Stand
    I'd need to borrow one of your kids to buy in The Family Stand, wouldn't I ?
    I'll let the West Stand insult go you slaaaag. :smile:
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

PeterGage said:

My S/T costs £340.

I can see a huge flaw in that statement.
  • Options

My S/T costs £340.

Don't think you need a kid for the Family Stand , there was a couple behind me last season who were childless for it for the whole season

I thought you'd matured to the West Stand ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

My S/T costs £340.

Don't think you need a kid for the Family Stand , there was a couple behind me last season who were childless for it for the whole season

I thought you'd matured to the West Stand ;-)
    The day I have to sit in the West Stand library I'll start my own boycott.
  • Options
    rikofold said:

My S/T costs £340.

That's if you still went.

For me, not buying a season ticket is unthinkable, and boycotting is unthinkable. I've supported the club for over 40 years and had a season ticket for 25 of them. I watched us when there were 4k at the Valley, less than half that at Selhurst, I watched us under Gliksten Hulyer, etc. I got excited when we found £100k for John Pearson and even more so when £600k was found for Mendonca. I've been there when times have been good and when times have been very very low. Why on earth wouldn't I buy a season ticket now?

Because the heart of the club has been ripped out by this shyster, someone with all the capability of building on what Powell had achieved on and off the pitch and chose to do the opposite in wilful ignorance. His treatment of our club and its fans merits not a penny more, and my individual choice is to give him precisely that.

I won't be buying a season ticket, I'll be boycotting until the day he's gone. The day he's gone I'll be back in full heart, but until then not a penny more.
    Good for you Rich. Everyone must do what they want to do.
    It is what it is :smile:
  • Options
    rikofold said:

My S/T costs £340.

That's if you still went.

For me, not buying a season ticket is unthinkable, and boycotting is unthinkable. I've supported the club for over 40 years and had a season ticket for 25 of them. I watched us when there were 4k at the Valley, less than half that at Selhurst, I watched us under Gliksten Hulyer, etc. I got excited when we found £100k for John Pearson and even more so when £600k was found for Mendonca. I've been there when times have been good and when times have been very very low. Why on earth wouldn't I buy a season ticket now?

Because the heart of the club has been ripped out by this shyster, someone with all the capability of building on what Powell had achieved on and off the pitch and chose to do the opposite in wilful ignorance. His treatment of our club and its fans merits not a penny more, and my individual choice is to give him precisely that.

I won't be buying a season ticket, I'll be boycotting until the day he's gone. The day he's gone I'll be back in full heart, but until then not a penny more.
    I understand your point of view, but surely when we went to Selhurst that ripped the heart of the club out far more than what Roland did?
  • Options
    PeterGage said:

My S/T costs £340.

And you wouldn't have to suffer what is looking like a car crash of a season! The fact is, when you don't buy a season ticket you simply attend fewer matches too.
  • Options
    Mine arrived today. All details correct. I didn’t have time to ring the ticket office to enquire about a refund as I was mad at work. Now that I’ve got it I’m keeping it although I feel a little dirty. My own fault for believing the hype in May. Can’t go Saturday. At a wedding. Not particularly bothered.
  • Options
    Does anybody know how many STs have been sold so far?
  • Options

• Options
    edited August 2018

A figure of 5200 odd was mentioned on hear earlier I think.

Edit; 5233 was the exact figure, see Masicat's post here http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/3284308#Comment_3284308