Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season tickets 2018/19

Comments

• Options
    Still not arrived.

Farce.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Still not arrived.

Farce.

Their answer: The game is not until Saturday, you will have another 2 posts by then. Or in supporter language, we don't care, we have your money
  • Options
    got mine
  • Options

Sincere apologies to se9addick,I did not read past the dear sucker bit and thought this was a boycotter having a dig.I do get a bit touchy when people tell me what to do with my money,and can only say sorry for the misunderstanding.

@thickandthin63 no worries mate
  • Options
    got mine too , my son put his in the bin
  • Options
    They sent me mine in the wrong name and I rang up the ticket office to inform them - haven't received a replacement and they cancelled the original one(I was assuming they wouldn't until I confirmed receiving the replacement).

• Options
    edited August 2018
    ross1 said:

LenGlover said:

Still not arrived.

Farce.

Their answer: The game is not until Saturday, you will have another 2 posts by then. Or in supporter language, we don't care, we have your money
    They certainly didn't like it when I started talking about wanting a refund because of the stress and inconvenience they had caused me.

They told me that the terms and conditions said season tickets were not refundable and that it is not their 'policy' to give refunds.

Fed up with it.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

ross1 said:

LenGlover said:

Still not arrived.

Farce.

They certainly didn't like it when I started talking about wanting a refund because of the stress and inconvenience they had caused me.

They told me that the terms and conditions said season tickets were not refundable and that it is not their 'policy' to give refunds.

Fed up with it.
    That is a new policy, as I said earlier, many years ago, under Murray, I moved out of London after I had bought my season ticket and before the season started and they gave me a complete refund
  • Options
    Bought mine and my dad's last week, his has arrived at his house but mine is nowhere to be seen. Anyone know what the drill is for Saturday if it's still not been delivered by then?
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Bought mine and my dad's last week, his has arrived at his house but mine is nowhere to be seen. Anyone know what the drill is for Saturday if it's still not been delivered by then?

Stand in a queue to get a replacement, get served by about 4pm on Saturday (I’m not even joking).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just make sure you get in the right queue, the last time Daisy fucked it up I stood in a queue for half on hour just to be told I needed the line next door, this then ended with me saying I’m fucked if I’m queuing again you’d best fetch it for me. Much shouting and swearing later and that’s exactly what they did.
  • Options
    Class. Can't wait!
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Croydon said:

Stand in a queue to get a replacement, get served by about 4pm on Saturday (I’m not even joking).
    Not if you get in the queue early enough
  • Options

Does the club charge a fee for being in the queue?

You just know there are going to be countless amounts of fans getting in late Saturday.

Just a shame there is nobody to complain to.
  • Options
    Ours turned up earlier in the week, as I expected they would do and probably as about nearly everybody else’s did. That some may not have or won’t have received theirs by today is just the law of averages at work. On the occasions that match tickets haven’t been delivered I’ve got in touch with the ticket office, they say they will have a replacement ready for collection, I’ve made the effort to get to the ground half hour earlier ‘because we all think there will be a big queue - fuck knows why we should all think that - walked up to the counter and they’ve handed over the ticket, 2 minutes used up and I’ve spent any extra 28 minutes in the bar.

Always another thing for the doom and gloom merchants to moan about but in reality it’s an inconvenience, not a fuckjng disaster
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Croydon said:

You need to get in the F queue
  • Options

Ours turned up earlier in the week, as I expected they would do and probably as about nearly everybody else’s did. That some may not have or won’t have received theirs by today is just the law of averages at work. On the occasions that match tickets haven’t been delivered I’ve got in touch with the ticket office, they say they will have a replacement ready for collection, I’ve made the effort to get to the ground half hour earlier ‘because we all think there will be a big queue - fuck knows why we should all think that - walked up to the counter and they’ve handed over the ticket, 2 minutes used up and I’ve spent any extra 28 minutes in the bar.

Always another thing for the doom and gloom merchants to moan about but in reality it’s an inconvenience, not a fuckjng disaster

Thanks Tone
  • Options

What doom and gloom, everything is lovely at Charlton, we might even have 3 subs this week
  • Options

What doom and gloom, everything is lovely at Charlton, we might even have 3 subs this week
    Don't bite.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

se9addick said:

Croydon said:

Not really the point of buying a season ticket though...
  • Options
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Croydon said:

Not really the point of buying a season ticket though...
    Exactly. Like Captain Mainwaring I wondered who would say that first.
  • Options

Absolute rubbish.

There is no reason why the club could not send out season tickets earlier.

True. Except I guess they won’t know how many STs to order at first, they’d then have to wait for them to turn up. Somebody has got to personalise the cards and program them and somebody has to put them in an envelope with the correct address on it and make a record that it’s been sent out. I suspect the first of those four things means the cards don’t even reach Charlton until not much before they are sent out at the moment and then if you’ve got 5,000 to dispatch it will take time. Perhaps Airman will know though the cards we get today are probably a bit more complicated than the books were in his day when he was working at the club.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

msomerton said:

Buying a season ticket is supporting the club not the owner. If people had totaly boycoted Charlton at Selhurst then the club would not be hear today, and for many years the owners where the people who moved us out of the Valley without notice.

We moved to Selhurst in the autumn though, so those of us that had season tickets had two choices throw it in the bin or give it a go. My family chose the latter. Whether we would have renewed had we not got promoted is doubtful and probably would have joined the boycotters. We did renew and the rest is history.
    You could have got a refund like I did, so you wouldn't have simply chucked it in the bin if you chose not to go.
  • Options

Absolute rubbish.

True. Except I guess they won’t know how many STs to order at first, they’d then have to wait for them to turn up. Somebody has got to personalise the cards and program them and somebody has to put them in an envelope with the correct address on it and make a record that it’s been sent out. I suspect the first of those four things means the cards don’t even reach Charlton until not much before they are sent out at the moment and then if you’ve got 5,000 to dispatch it will take time. Perhaps Airman will know though the cards we get today are probably a bit more complicated than the books were in his day when he was working at the club.
    The distribution of tickets is a fiasco.

You are either an apologist or a wum.

• Options

RedChaser said:

msomerton said:

Buying a season ticket is supporting the club not the owner. If people had totaly boycoted Charlton at Selhurst then the club would not be hear today, and for many years the owners where the people who moved us out of the Valley without notice.

We moved to Selhurst in the autumn though, so those of us that had season tickets had two choices throw it in the bin or give it a go. My family chose the latter. Whether we would have renewed had we not got promoted is doubtful and probably would have joined the boycotters. We did renew and the rest is history.
    You could have got a refund like I did, so you wouldn't have simply chucked it in the bin if you chose not to go.
    Wasn't a considered option for us.
  • Options

Absolute rubbish.

They had virtually all those ‘obstacles’ 3 months ago when they had 5 days between the end of the season and the home play off game v Shrewsbury yet managed to get nearly 14,000 out.
    they’re now struggling to achieve a third of this, despite having x18 the time to do it.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Absolute rubbish.

They had virtually all those ‘obstacles’ 3 months ago when they had 5 days between the end of the season and the home play off game v Shrewsbury yet managed to get nearly 14,000 out.
    they’re now struggling to achieve a third of this, despite having x18 the time to do it.
    These are personalised and branded smart cards, not print at home tickets. A huge logistical difference I would have thought. I walked through the whole process of credit and debit cards being produced, I doubt there is much difference and for Charlton it’s a one a year exercise, not a 365, 24/7 one
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Absolute rubbish.

These are personalised and branded smart cards, not print at home tickets. A huge logistical difference I would have thought. I walked through the whole process of credit and debit cards being produced, I doubt there is much difference and for Charlton it’s a one a year exercise, not a 365, 24/7 one
    Just like my work photo ID that gains me automated entry into certain parts of certain buildings at certain times.
    I had to fill in a form (like s/t applicants) and take it to an office (like s/t applicants) and 3 minutes after having my photo taken I have in my hand my new personalised card (unlike s/t applicants).